Justice League The Justice League General & Speculation Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 50

As much as I would really like to see Snyder's Justice League movie these leaks really need to stop. They are doing more harm than good IMO.

I don't see the harm, it's only hardcore nerds who are aware of them, it's not going to do any damage the the GA opinion of DC films.

I personally don't mind if they keep coming out, the more that comes out the more I get a better idea of the original vision of the movie and I find that oddly satisfying. It doesn't necessarily make me more upset over it. That period has come and gone and I've come to grips with it. It is what it is.

Yeah these little tidbits are nice. Its cool to know Zack had a plan for Darkseid in the movie.

Is it just me, or was this going to be the best movie ever made?

snyder's original vision at least sounded a lot more epic and with more dc easter eggs in it than what was released.

Snyder's movie looks and sounds like the comic book movie I've personally always wanted to see. A big, 3 hour long epic. A more fun version of BvS Utimate Edition, if you will. Everything that was in Zack's film from Cyborg's emotional backstory to more time Atlantis with Arthur and Vulko to Barry's first meeting with Iris West and exploration if his powers, to a scarier more intimidating Steppenwolf to Superman more epic return to the balls to the wall action to Junkie XL's rockin score....this movie sounded like the end all be all for my tastes.

I love movies in general that just kind of go for it, you know? Throw everything but the kitchen sink and then worry about the rest later. Thats why Aquaman looks so good to me. Wan seems to be adopting that same "go for broke" mentality Snyder had.

Snyder's movie looks and sounds like the comic book movie I've personally always wanted to see. A big, 3 hour long epic. A more fun version of BvS Utimate Edition, if you will. Everything that was in Zack's film from Cyborg's emotional backstory to more time Atlantis with Arthur and Vulko to Barry's first meeting with Iris West and exploration if his powers, to a scarier more intimidating Steppenwolf to Superman more epic return to the balls to the wall action to Junkie XL's rockin score....this movie sounded like the end all be all for my tastes.

^ this is what i was imagining the movie to be when the first teaser and first trailer came out.

those extra scenes gotta exist somewhere.

I love movies in general that just kind of go for it, you know? Throw everything but the kitchen sink and then worry about the rest later. Thats why Aquaman looks so good to me. Wan seems to be adopting that same "go for broke" mentality Snyder had.
Yeah I would have much rather had that thrown at me regardless of how it turned out than a pathetic halfway house effort. I totally prefer the kitchen sink approach where there is evidence that all concerned gave something their all. When I see that it can make me really get into something that wouldn't otherwise normally be my thing (like Harry Potter).

Absolutely seconded :up:

I think after BvS, Zack knew one way or the other JL was his last DC film and I think he purposely filmed as much of his vision as he could. JL was gonna be his swan song and even IF the movie turned out well, WB was gonna give him the boot and give the keys to someone else. They were done with Zack as soon as the RT score for BvS was revealed and he knew it.

Yeah I would have much rather had that thrown at me regardless of how it turned out than a pathetic halfway house effort. I totally prefer the kitchen sink approach where there is evidence that all concerned gave something their all. When I see that it can make me really get into something that wouldn't otherwise normally be my thing (like Harry Potter).

yup - even if snyder's original JL turned out to be not so good - i rather see a noble failed effort than the half-assed cut we got with the theatrical version.

yup - even if snyder's original JL turned out to be not so good - i rather see a noble failed effort than the half-assed cut we got with the theatrical version.
Exactly :up:

Same guys. I'll probably never be able to say that I'd have loved or hated OG JL, but I'd much rather have seen the balls to the wall vision Snyder had in mind for it. I just get the vibe it would've been a very fun, but very metal film.

Where's the Flash. I want him to take me to an alternate universe where Snyder's JL was shown in the theaters. It's gotta be out there in some world.

I just fear we are in the darkest timeline.

Where's the Flash. I want him to take me to an alternate universe where Snyder's JL was shown in the theaters. It's gotta be out there in some world.

I just fear we are in the darkest timeline.

It's interesting you say that - when i hear JL or BvS i think of dark, stormy, brooding nights... it's a very dark and solem take.

WB probably broke even with everything taken into account and didn't want to tank the brand and make it harder for jenkins/wan etc. with more

martha nonsense at the climax
misunderstanding the characters
brooding superman without a spec of hope
superman killing people randomly and batman
having lois waste more screen time without doing her any justice
desaturation ignoring color int he comics
dudebro lines for his fanbase that drink too much mountain dew and need to like come back from the army
flash running like an idiot
ding ding ding spastic lex
less interactions cause "superheroes can't talk in costume much with credibility" nonsense
WW ass shots

ESKEEEEEEETIT!

Last edited:
To me, the worst thing about putting Josstice League out as an official sequel to MoS and BvS is, it did a huge injustice to Snyder's vision, the audience did not get to see the Superman and Batman Snyder and Terrio envisioned after BvS, they did not get to see that it all made perfect sense, this whole poignant story of those two. I think the Snyder's prime paragon noble Superman from his version of JL would have made all those people who did not like MoS and BvS really happy, they would have seen why he had chosen to tell this story.

Instead we got some utterly stupid cringy dialogues and moments and Snyder did not get his chance to justify his vision to those who did not like it.

And not only that, but WB fired the most skilled filmmaker for this kind of material. Well done, you ******* ******. The only other two people who come to mind are Jackson from his LotR days and Verbinski from his Pirates days. Yet still, Snyder's peculiar sensibilities are irreplaceable. He's the fricking guy who can make an unforgettably beautiful and soul-stirring cinematic scene out of a Superman against an alien terraforming machine fight, FFS!

Man all these new details and concept arts make me so frustrated and depressed.

Josstice League is dead.
5ipc.gif

WB probably broke even with everything taken into account and didn't want to tank the brand and make it harder for jenkins/wan etc. with more

martha nonsense at the climax
misunderstanding the characters
brooding superman without a spec of hope
superman killing people randomly and batman
having lois waste more screen time without doing her any justice
desaturation ignoring color int he comics
dudebro lines for his fanbase that drink too much mountain dew and need to like come back from the army
flash running like an idiot
ding ding ding spastic lex
less interactions cause "superheroes can't talk in costume much with credibility" nonsense
WW ass shots

ESKEEEEEEETIT!
Those ass shots were pretty noticeable, weren't they!

I’ll never buy BvS as a dark film. It was sad sure, but not dark. The first movie I ever saw was The Crow though. I was 4. So there’s that.
What a way to start lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"