The Man of Steel Merchandise Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
They began to sell them this week. A friend gave me the heads up when he found one at Walmart, I went to a store called Suburbia (It's from the same guys who own Walmart, it's a store similar to JC Penny) and they had it. They usually sell the same t-shirt designs that you get there. For TDKR they sold the one with the teaser poster and one with the movie logo. I'll check if there's any website that sells them.
Any intel you can find & share would be very much appreciated. :up:

Tonight I made a trip to my local Wal-Mart and managed to snag the last Movie Guide they had. Score! It looks great. The versions of the photos that have been posted here don't do the book justice. They really are gorgeous. It still feels like a big tease for all the good stuff to come.

I also grabbed, on a whim, a Man of Steel towel featuring the logo. Because... Why not?

Okay thanks for the info guys. I actually have the movie guide from Returns lol. I really want to get this one though. I'm so tempted to get those first three posters they will have. I'm guessing most Walmarts won't have all this stuff up fully until Saturday :(. Sucks that they closed the FYE that was in our mall.

Does anybody knows the brand name for the amazing textured T-Shirt posted like two pages before?

well,my WalMart STILL doesn't have the display out,or any room cleared for it. just some figures in a little section of the toy aisle. no shirts. no posters. no books. nothing.

well,my WalMart STILL doesn't have the display out,or any room cleared for it. just some figures in a little section of the toy aisle. no shirts. no posters. no books. nothing.

Last 2 days I've been to 4 different Wal-Mart's and only 2 had displays out, and there was hardly anything on the displays.

Might pick up the larger Supes figure at Wally world. I love the look of it.

Last 2 days I've been to 4 different Wal-Mart's and only 2 had displays out, and there was hardly anything on the displays.
It's the same way here all the time and in a 15 miles radius were have 3 HUGE walmarts. The one that's NOT a superstore and closes overnight normally gets the good stuff for ALL the films

I've never been so angry, yet relieved at the same time. I ordered Superman off Amazon for $16, and decided to wait for Jor-El, who costs around $30-something. It finally gets here, and it turns out they sent me Jor-El, but I only paid $16 bucks for him! I'm a tad disappointed it wasn't Superman, but I got Jor-El on the cheap!

I've never been so angry, yet relieved at the same time. I ordered Superman off Amazon for $16, and decided to wait for Jor-El, who costs around $30-something. It finally gets here, and it turns out they sent me Jor-El, but I only paid $16 bucks for him! I'm a tad disappointed it wasn't Superman, but I got Jor-El on the cheap!
Score. Yeah, it seems Jor-El isn't as widely available as Zod or Superman. When I picked up my Superman & Jor-El (at Things From Another World at Universal City Walk Los Angeles, if anyone's interested), I overheard the two employees saying behind the counter that there were maybe only a couple of Jor-El figures per box of Movie Masters.

Picked these up this morning :D

img1919bu.jpg

Score. Yeah, it seems Jor-El isn't as widely available as Zod or Superman. When I picked up my Superman & Jor-El (at Things From Another World at Universal City Walk Los Angeles, if anyone's interested), I overheard the two employees saying behind the counter that there were maybe only a couple of Jor-El figures per box of Movie Masters.

I think each case breaks down like this:

Superman - x4
Zod - x3
Jor El - x1

It might be 5 Supermans, and 2 Zods, though. I'm positive there's only 1 Jor El.

Movie Masters ship 6 per case. breakdown is:

3 X Superman
2 X Zod
1 X Jor El

I picked up one of those cool reversible lanyards at wal-mart for $3.97

so Jor-El is pretty much the chase figure for the first wave for the Movie Masters? I actually ordered Zod on Amazon for 15 because I have a feeling him and Jor-El are going to be a ***** to find.

Movie Masters ship 6 per case. breakdown is:

3 X Superman
2 X Zod
1 X Jor El

Hey Mikey its actually 8 figures for the Man of Steel Movie Masters as i had a case cracked open in front of me at walmart and Target.

The case breakdown for wave 1 is as follows:

x5 Superman
x2 zod
x1 Jor el

I've also added the hyperlink to Entertainmentearth.com's wave 1 case pre-order which is exactly the case that i came across at walmart and target weeks ago.

http://www.entertainmentearth.com/prodinfo.asp?number=MTY0822A

The shirts at Target are way better. The fit, fabric, and print quality on the Wal*Mart shirts are total crap.

That's because Walmart shirts are made cheap as dirt and not high quality, that's why they're cheap.

Went by Walmart and was able to finally find that Man of Steel Flight of Superman book. It's pretty cool looking too. Its basically the one Vartha posted in their pic.

Quick question about the Wal-Mart tickets......Does anyone know if they will be sold at the Customer Service up front or will they be sold in the Electronics dept.?

when i asked at my store, they said they would be sold in the electronic department. might be different with other stores, though...

Quick question about the Wal-Mart tickets......Does anyone know if they will be sold at the Customer Service up front or will they be sold in the Electronics dept.?

Electronics Department. When I went there yesterday they already had the sign up for where the line forms.

They also had the display up but no books or posters. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"