The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

The article says no-one is accusing him of assault and at best implies he used shady tactics to hook up with these women. The website also mentions the people coming forward are not looking to have him cancelled but all of them know very well that's exactly going to happen. Look, I'm trying not to sound like a dick or anything but personal responsibility has to be a factor in this stuff sometimes and it makes me wonder how badly informed the 20-30 somethings of the world have been taught about what to lookout for in potential bad actors in this area. This is not the same as someone being assaulted though, when the women say something like they didn't give 'informed consent' they're coming across as helpless girls. It implies sexual relations are suppose to happen a certain way and if they don't that's akin to assault. Coercion, grooming, etc, these are words that are meant to be reserved for the worst humans possible, and yet they are tossed around here as if the situation is of the same level.
Ellis actions are ethically shady but not illegal. Ellis used some manipulative pick up artist style behaviour to get women which looks even worst given Ellis portrays himself as a more open minded/progressive kind of dude.

I don't want victim blame but it is a bit naive to think some notable person you interactive with on the internet doesn't have some ulterior motive. It is especaillyture if it is an older guy with some fame or power and your a younger attractive woman.

Ellis secretly maintained up to 19 relationships at a time, while running online forums where many women believed their participation was dependent on looks and availability. One contributor writes about an “unspoken requirement for continued membership: be sexually desirable (if not outright available to be seen as such) or be ridiculed. Or worst of all, ignored.”
Seems like at least some of the women on these forums were wise enough to know Ellis was running a groupie harem.

Ellis actions are ethically shady but not illegal. Ellis used some manipulative pick up artist style behaviour to get women which looks even worst given Ellis portrays himself as a more open minded/progressive kind of dude.

I don't want victim blame but it is a bit naive to think some notable person you interactive with on the internet doesn't have some ulterior motive. It is especaillyture if it is an older guy with some fame or power and your a younger attractive woman.

But because he's an older, more experienced and more powerful person he holds the much greater slice of resposability in this situation. It's easy to say they were naïve and probably, from a purely etymological point of view, they were, but often naïveté comes from a moment of vulnerability a young person doesn't fully understand or can deal with, something people (either knowingly or unknowingly) exploit. It's not ilegal, but it's not the kind of behaviour that should be swept under the carpet either.

But because he's an older, more experienced and more powerful person he holds the much greater slice of resposability in this situation. It's easy to say they were naïve and probably, from a purely etymological point of view, they were, but often naïveté comes from a moment of vulnerability a young person doesn't fully understand or can deal with, something people (either knowingly or unknowingly) exploit. It's not ilegal, but it's not the kind of behaviour that should be swept under the carpet either.

I don't disagree. Ellis as the the person with the most power certainly holds the bigger slice of responsibility and he certainly used his power/influence over some possibly emotionally vulnerable women to elicit a sexual relationship out of them. It is why Ellis is getting called out.

I was just surprised so many women fell for Ellis sweet talking. Trusting random guys on the internet is the modern equivalent of accepting candy from strangers. Unfortunately we live in a world in which people will prey on your weaknesses so unless you want to be exploited you can't really afford to trust some famous guy on the internet that tells you things you want to hear.

giphy.gif

Not a surprise there. It feels like a prerequisite at this point to be on Fox News.
Fox pundits love ranting about immoral Hollywood and traditional family values while behind the scenes they are all a bunch of misogynistic, sexist, racist scumbags. The hypocrisy is epic.

Why is it that old, white men text like teenagers? Using "u" and "r" and capitalizing weird words, it's so bizarre and creepy as ****.

Also, all of those guys can get castrated.
You'd be surprised at the number of people (of all ages) who still text like they have strict limitations to text size as if they're using old flip phones.

You'd be surprised at the number of people (of all ages) who still text like they have strict limitations to text size as if they're using old flip phones.

I just picture these guys putting on their reading glasses, holding the phone at arm's length and pressing the buttons with the pointer finger.

"U R hawt. Pls txt me a pic of UR boobs."

Looks like the allegations on Hannity and Carlson may have holes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"