The Me Too Movement: The Sexual Harassment and Assault Thread

Well I know whenever I see a girl sleeping I just cannot keep it in my pants. :dry:

Unconscious women are now temptations. ****. This.

Might work in Alabama.

Also, in court filings of his anti-defamation suit, a letter from Vic Mignogna's ex-fiance was made public. Can't post here, due to language. She intimates there are more victims than we know. And not just con goers, but it sounds like from their church as well.

Apart from his inability to stop himself from raping unsuspecting unconscious women, he's led an otherwise blameless life.

Maybe he'll get to share a cell with some big burly alpha male who'll "cave to temptation". I mean, it'd be his own fault for falling asleep around him, that's the greenlight that you're sexually available, apparently.

Apart from his inability to stop himself from raping unsuspecting unconscious women, he's led an otherwise blameless life.

Maybe he'll get to share a cell with some big burly alpha male who'll "cave to temptation". I mean, it'd be his own fault for falling asleep around him, that's the greenlight that you're sexually available, apparently.

The "cave of temptation" will be the new personal nickname the bikers in Cell Block D will give him.

The hell...if you have sex with someone who is not willingly participating...then its rape and you should go to jail...there is no inbetween or so.
Either you rape or not, its not ****ing science god damn it...what is wrong with this world?

The hell...if you have sex with someone who is not willingly participating...then its rape and you should go to jail...there is no inbetween or so.
Either you rape or not, its not ****ing science god damn it...what is wrong with this world?

GOP politicians, among others, have been trying to blur the lines by saying stuff like "forcible rape", as opposed to the oxymoron of consensual rape, I guess.

It'll all come back around to the abortion issue I'm sure.

Andy Signore, ex Screen Junkies head, has a video out disputing the whole saga from last year (2 years ago?). It's called "An Honest Defense of Andy Signore"
Watching it now

Andy Signore, ex Screen Junkies head, has a video out disputing the whole saga from last year (2 years ago?). It's called "An Honest Defense of Andy Signore"
Watching it now

What'd you think?

This is a long piece, but interesting…

The Case of Al Franken

Or, you can listen to Jane Mayer (the article’s author) being interviewed on NPR.

171116-al-franken-leeann-tweeden-airplane-se-1105a_cdbd11d4ba4f856a53dca9fe3803882f.fit-760w.jpg

A picture of Al Franken for those who are not familiar.

Wasn’t that debunked?
I guess it depends on your POV. From the article:

The U.S.O. skit didn’t end with the kissing scene. In a coda, Franken appears as a doctor who has just had “a cancellation” in his appointment schedule. Tweeden’s character is informed that “a woman your age should have a complete breast examination every year”; Franken then approaches her with his arms outstretched and his hands aimed at her chest. The script calls for Tweeden’s character to protest, “Al! At ease!” Franken, with a dirty-old-man nod to the audience, replies, “I’m afraid it’s a little too late for that.”

The joke was not memorable, yet when Shajn Cabrera saw the 2006 photograph of Franken on the plane, approaching Tweeden’s chest with his arms outstretched, he immediately recalled the “Dr. Franken” skit. Cabrera had been on the plane when the photograph was taken. At the time, he was a special assistant to the Sergeant Major of the Army, who hosts the U.S.O. tours. “I was the one who put the trip together,” Cabrera said. Looking at the photograph, he thought that “it was a hundred per cent in line with that skit when he does the breast exam.” The image, he said, “was not at all malicious.”

[…]

…Many people who worked in comedy with Franken defended his behavior more strongly than he did himself. Jane Curtin, who regards him as one of the few non-sexist men she worked with at “S.N.L.,” said, “They were doing a U.S.O. tour. They’re notoriously burlesque. The photo was funny because she’s wearing a flak jacket, and he’s looking straight at the camera and pretending he’s trying to fondle her breasts. But the humor is he can’t get to them—if a bullet can’t get them, Al can’t get them.”

If the question is, "Was this woman really asleep while Al Franken pretended to reach for her breasts?", it appears she was based on his words and those quotes don't disprove that.

I can't read the article because of the paywall, even in incognito mode, but did the writer bother to get a quote from LeeAnn Tweeden herself on what she thought of the photo?

Can you post the article in full?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"