The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has Dick Grayson as Nightwing ever been a part of the Justice League?

Has Dick Grayson as Nightwing ever been a part of the Justice League?

Yes. There was a story arc where the Justice League had to go back in time for a thing. While they were gone, Dick was the leader of the replacement Justice League.

Here's a stupid question....since most members of the JLA tend to try that whole, no borders thing, if a Red Dawn situation went down, would the JLA fight on the side of America, or would they stay out of it? Keep in mind, most of them live in America.

I wrote a really long answer originally, but then starting coming up with really valid counter arguments as I thought it through, so I'll just say this: I think they probably would, and they have been shown to get involved in military conflicts in the past, but they'd have to be very careful to stay out of the political aspect or run the risk of becoming a political organization themselves.

I wrote a really long answer originally, but then starting coming up with really valid counter arguments as I thought it through, so I'll just say this: I think they probably would, and they have been shown to get involved in military conflicts in the past, but they'd have to be very careful to stay out of the political aspect or run the risk of becoming a political organization themselves.

Finally, somebody answered. :up:

What are some really good stories showcasing Vandal Savage as the main antagonist?

JLA Year One
I thought the Apallaxians were the main baddies of that story. I guess Savage had an arc, but I don't remember much of it.

There's also Justice Society of America: The Next Age, where Geoff took the Young Justice angle and just exploded the roster. Though I didn't much like Savage's scheme in that because a guy as old as him [BLACKOUT]really should have the perspective to see that killing off the descendants of the Society doesn't really kill their legacy.[/BLACKOUT] Just my two cents.

Did DC ever push for Lucius to have more appearances because of the movies?

Lucius Fox. I don't know if they actively pushed, but he's popped up a decent amount in Morrison's Batman & Robin and Batman, Inc. Not sure about the other books, though.

He suddenly appeared out of nowhere in a small role on The Batman, but nobody cares about that show.

not true. The Batman is a great show. The design was ugly as hell in the first two seasons, but it largely improved by season 3. The stories are well written, and character development is awesome. Not to mention there are some great action scenes.

I've watched the whole show, and I'm glad I did. At first, I hated it, because of the design. I didn't like how they made the Joker for instance. But apart from his look, he's very well written. And it was great to see How Batman was a wannabe hero of sort, and then how he became a great superhero, and how the JLA was created as well.

Léo Ho Tep;24982269 said:
wow, you sure know how to make a discussion more interesting....:doh:
I wasn't discussing anything, brah. I was answering a question about Lucius Fox. Try to keep up. :fhm:

That show sucked. There's nothing to discuss. :confused:

We shall see.

Though Prof Pyg without the sexual perversion is like a snake without the venom....which would be like a....belt.

I'm totally "meh" about Beware. There's nothing about "another Batman cartoon" that gets be excited to watch. We've already had a couple good ones, and Beyond and Brave and the Bold put new spins on it that made it interesting. Beware is just BTAS but CGI from what I can tell. Whatevs.

beware the batman could be nice tho

It very well could be, but there's just been so much Batman over the years that it's really sucked the fun out of the character. I used to feel a certain rush when I saw Batman in action, but I don't feel that rush as much anymore and I blame overexposure. In light of that overexposure I can't really get interested in this newest rendition of the Dark Knight, which I know is not entirely fair to those handling "Beware", but you know, too much of anything isn't good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"