The now NEW Official DC Stupid Questions thread: Didio Headaches - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to The New 52 he stared in the major league: Justice League

Ok dumb question, with the comics now about the villains for the rest of the month, are they all stand alone stories where I don't have to read all of them until that point? Say that I've never read new 52 Flash(I do intend to some day, since I hear it's new reader friendly from my comic book store), can I read the Grodd or Reverse Flash for example?

So far it seems like they are all either A) stand alone, or B) something that'll lead into something else. I've not noticed any that required prior reading, but then, I've mostly skimmed them all. The only one I've bought so far is Joker, which is completely stand alone.

Having read like 90% of the VM titles so far, Grodd and Reverse Flash are VERY user friendly and I haven't read New 52 Flash. However, there are some that definitely need prior reading, well, not definitely but it's highly recommended (such as He'l) and there are others that introduce you to the villain (Eclipso) and then there are others that are so boring but they lead into an upcoming Forever Evil arc (Scarecrow)

Protip: Stick to only the villain names you know. YOu won't be lost that way.

is hellblazer connected to the DC universe (pre-new 52). i could have swore i saw constantine being introduced to the justice league by batman in a comic before a few years back

Yup it was. Except for when they say it wasn't.

Also Swampthing and Sandman.

DC's attempts to make continuity more simple seems to actually make it more complicated.

how is barry allen alive (pre-new 52) during flash rebirth, when a few years earlier, hal saw barry in heaven when he was dying. so is he trapped in the speed force, or is he dead...or has he been alive all this time?

That isn't a smart ass remark either, that is in fact, the answer. Cuz Geoff Johns says so. Does it make any sense? No.

Didn't Ollie even say something about hanging out with Barry in the afterlife just before getting resurrected by Spectre-Hal?

But along comes Final Crisis with the surprise twist that Barry wasn't dead, but he's been running this whole time.

Was Johns one of the bosses at the time, or was he still just a writer?

is hellblazer connected to the DC universe (pre-new 52). i could have swore i saw constantine being introduced to the justice league by batman in a comic before a few years back

I that that it, along with other Vertigo titles that started out pre-Vertigo (Swamp Thing, Sandman, etc.) were assumed to be happening in the DCU just never interacting with the mainstream titles. But I vaguely recall someone saying something about how one of the 52 earths they brought back in 52 was one for these titles or something. I just keep assuming the former and stopped caring.

Vertigo Hellblazer aged in real time. He was a 60 year old dude married guy with demon blood, a facial scar across his eye and most of his family are dead.

Basically the current John Constantine in the Nu52 is the character who showed up in the old Swamp Thing comics and occasionally in the post-crisis DCU. DC basically had the character pick up where he left off in the DC as a 30 something and all the stuff that happened in the Vertigo continuity never happening to him.

I'm just gonna assume all the important stuff happened and it didn't happen when it happened in the Vertigo Books. New Castle, Tricking the Lords of Hell and nearly causing a massive hell war, Cured of cancer by said Lords of Hell, etc.

I love the stuff like Casa Nova Club incident in Newcastle , incarceration in Ravenscar Secure Facility, Dangerous habits cancer storyline, Mucous Membrane punk background, Dead boy's heart childhood, Family Man arc and Marj and the hippies.

It would a shame if all that stuff was wiped from the characters history.

Has Bruce Wayne ever interacted with Ma & Pa Kent?

C'mon, 70 years of comics, it must've happened a couple times.

Yes. A few times if I'm not mistaken. I know for sure in the Superman/Batman Annual #2 he has dinner with the Kents.

Right, is that the one where Bruce goes in disguise as a college roommate of Clark's, to learn more about him? I read about that somewhere.

That wasn't the story I was thinking of, and it turns out I was wrong anyway. Annual #2 Bruce tells Clark he needed to use Alfred as a distraction for Ma who forced a glass of lemonade on him.

It was the Search For Kryptonite arc that he has dinner with the Kents.

Would the Joker from TDK be happier in the Batman/Batman Returns Gotham? They seem to fit his style more than the TDK films.

Last edited:
Which would put it on Morrison's feet... not Johns'. Right?

It would if it was Morrison's idea to bring Barry back from the dead. The barry we see in Final Crisis was supposed to be from another earth at first. Editors made Morrison change him into THE Barry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holopaxume
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"