The official All-Star Superman thread

This issue is what I call a "face melter". What a Superman story. I really want this series to continue because it doesn't really feel like the end.

This issue is what I call a "face melter". What a Superman story. I really want this series to continue because it doesn't really feel like the end.
Agreed seeing that
Superman didn't really die but is repairing the sun while everyone else thinks he is dead and is trying to clone him.
It really did not seem like the end to a story but the start to a whole new arc. I would love it if this was a monthly title but now it just seems like a maxi-series.

I was always under the impression that this was an ongoing series. Is it suppose to be a maxi-series now or something?

What I have heard is when All-Star Batman wraps up they are going to re look at the whole All-Star idea much like how they did with their DC film properties. Which is why we haven't seen All-Star Wonder Woman or Batgirl or GL yet.

Which is why I called this title a maxi series because they will be taking a long break from the line soon.

Agreed seeing that
Superman didn't really die but is repairing the sun while everyone else thinks he is dead and is trying to clone him.
It really did not seem like the end to a story but the start to a whole new arc. I would love it if this was a monthly title but now it just seems like a maxi-series.

Agreed. Also...

Someone commented that the ending could be a hint at DC One Million. Perhaps when Superman finishes repairing the sun, all his friends and loved ones will have passed on, and he'll leave Earth in the hands of his successors--the clones--and find another world to protect

All-Star's probably the finest Superman story I've ever read. Can't wait for the second trade. Worth enough to pay the HC price for.

What I have heard is when All-Star Batman wraps up they are going to re look at the whole All-Star idea much like how they did with their DC film properties. Which is why we haven't seen All-Star Wonder Woman or Batgirl or GL yet.

Which is why I called this title a maxi series because they will be taking a long break from the line soon.

I actually hadn't heard anything about it. Great, well, blah

i was wondering why there has been no new news/info about the future of all star comics.

Morrisson said he gave his best Superman ending to Mark Millar, who used it in Red Son
Krypton is future earth and the House of El descended from Luthor. So even though Luthor "won" and lead humanity into a utopia, he worked towards what he hated: the birth of Superman
so he had to come up with an even crazier ending. I think ASS would've ended better that way. But then again I love me some Red Son. Aside from "what could've been" ASS was a great little series.

Can't wait to get my issue today.

Also, love that sig GyLocke. That movie was awesome. :up:

Morrisson said he gave his best Superman ending to Mark Millar, who used it in Red Son
Krypton is future earth and the House of El descended from Luthor. So even though Luthor "won" and lead humanity into a utopia, he worked towards what he hated: the birth of Superman
so he had to come up with an even crazier ending. I think ASS would've ended better that way. But then again I love me some Red Son. Aside from "what could've been" ASS was a great little series.

Yeah, Red Son was an alright story, but the ending was absolute genius.

Agreed. Also...

Someone commented that the ending could be a hint at DC One Million. Perhaps when Superman finishes repairing the sun, all his friends and loved ones will have passed on, and he'll leave Earth in the hands of his successors--the clones--and find another world to protect

All-Star's probably the finest Superman story I've ever read. Can't wait for the second trade. Worth enough to pay the HC price for.

I dunno, I think what I always liked about the DC1M timeline is how it hinted at Kon-El carrying on the Superman legacy, which was cool because Kon-El was the ****. I'm less enthused about a bunch of random nobody clones I've never heard of.

Unless Morrison is hinting at All-Star Kon-El, in which case I'm 100% in favor.

Technically the first Superman clone in the All-Star 'verse would be All-Star Kon-El, wouldn't it? That's how I saw it when I read this issue, Superman Secondus stuff notwithstanding.

Yeah but there's "technically" All-Star Kon El and then there's All-Star Kon El.

I have some questions about the issue:
1. What did Solaris do to the sun? How did he poison it and why did he double-cross Luthor?
2. How did Superman repair the sun? How is he building that artificial heart?

So I read the entire thing 1-12, and I gotta say I wasn't too blown away or anything. It was just a total mehfest most of the time.

That and it seemed like I was missing a whole **** load of issues because everything seemed to jump from one point to the next.

I have some questions about the issue:
1. What did Solaris do to the sun? How did he poison it and why did he double-cross Luthor?
2. How did Superman repair the sun? How is he building that artificial heart?

The "sun's heart" bit was just a metaphor. Supes' body was converting into energy, and so just as he was falling apart, he plunged himself into the sun. That energy fixed what Solaris had done, so in a way, Superman had become the sun's heart.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"