The official All-Star Superman thread

The "sun's heart" bit was just a metaphor. Supes' body was converting into energy, and so just as he was falling apart, he plunged himself into the sun. That energy fixed what Solaris had done, so in a way, Superman had become the sun's heart.

Ahhhh thanks a lot. But what did Solaris do to the sun?

NachoLibre.jpg

"I do not believe in God, I am a man of SCIENCE."

Technically the first Superman clone in the All-Star 'verse would be All-Star Kon-El, wouldn't it? That's how I saw it when I read this issue, Superman Secondus stuff notwithstanding.

Yeah but there's "technically" All-Star Kon El and then there's All-Star Kon El.
Kon-El actually did have a cameo in this title if you caught it. When you saw Superman Prime he cam out with Kingdom Come Kon-El and Matrix Supergirl.

just read #12

this series is already a classic IMO and Grant's definitive superhero story

WHY

I still don't see why everyone thinks it's one of the best superman stories ever. It's just a buncha jumbled ideas thrown together rather sloppily with very little coherence inbetween the entire thing. With the exception of the "HEY IM GONNA DO 12 TRIALS!" and the Superman/Lex thing, just about EVERYTHING ELSE comes out of absolutely no where.

This line by Superman, in #11, gave me goosebumps:

"What a life! I've traveled across time and space. I've seen and done things beyond imagination. Blessed with friends like Pete and Lana and Jimmy. And Batman... what incredible adventures we've shared. What amazing people I've known. But Lois, dear Lois... I loved you most of all. And no matter how dark it seems, there's always a way."

It's so simple, but so powerful at the same time. One of the best lines I've read in a comic in years.

love that line. issue #6 has some powerful stuff in it as well.

I really loved the conclusion to this series as well. This was definitely a favorite Superman story of mine. I am a really harsh fan on Superman because, well...I'm not really that big of a fan of the character. But this story from Morrison/Quitely definitely reminded me of why I enjoy the Superman character and, sometimes, the comics. I wished that they could have kept continuing the stories for a little longer, but sometimes too much of a good thing can make it a bad thing.

Does anybody know what the next creative team is going to be to do an All Star Superman book?

This line by Superman, in #11, gave me goosebumps:

"What a life! I've traveled across time and space. I've seen and done things beyond imagination. Blessed with friends like Pete and Lana and Jimmy. And Batman... what incredible adventures we've shared. What amazing people I've known. But Lois, dear Lois... I loved you most of all. And no matter how dark it seems, there's always a way."

It's so simple, but so powerful at the same time. One of the best lines I've read in a comic in years.

Now lets just hope some <Censored> EiC doesn't make Clark make a deal with the devil and undo the marriage.

I really loved the conclusion to this series as well. This was definitely a favorite Superman story of mine. I am a really harsh fan on Superman because, well...I'm not really that big of a fan of the character. But this story from Morrison/Quitely definitely reminded me of why I enjoy the Superman character and, sometimes, the comics. I wished that they could have kept continuing the stories for a little longer, but sometimes too much of a good thing can make it a bad thing.

Does anybody know what the next creative team is going to be to do an All Star Superman book?

Apparently DC's discontinuing the All-Star line as soon as Miller & Lee wrap Batman. All-Star Superman is solely Morrison & Quitely's masterpiece. Too bad for the line, but this is a great story to remember it for.

Apparently DC's discontinuing the All-Star line as soon as Miller & Lee wrap Batman. All-Star Superman is solely Morrison & Quitely's masterpiece. Too bad for the line, but this is a great story to remember it for.
Yes and you can thank All-Star Batman for this which is why All-Star Wonder Woman will not see the light of day nor any other All-Star book. I wish DC just get it over with and start an Ultimate line like how they planned.

Link?

DiDio was asked at SDCC whether any new All-Star titles were coming out. His reply was "Not at this time."
That's not a statement about how the All-Star line is going to be discontinued; it's just a statement on the current release schedule for any new series.
any previously announced series could still be in the works, maybe hording issues to be released in a timely manner rather than bi-, tri-monthly.
they did this with Kevin Smith and his "Batman: Cacophony" series, so maybe this could be an application as well.

Ahhhh thanks a lot. But what did Solaris do to the sun?

My best guess? Solaris screwed with the Sun's fusion process, starting a chain reaction that shut it down. Superman injected enough energy into the system to start a new nuclear reaction.

SouLeSS said:
WHY

I still don't see why everyone thinks it's one of the best superman stories ever. It's just a buncha jumbled ideas thrown together rather sloppily with very little coherence inbetween the entire thing. With the exception of the "HEY IM GONNA DO 12 TRIALS!" and the Superman/Lex thing, just about EVERYTHING ELSE comes out of absolutely no where.

Myths and narrative structure are applied to events in hindsight. The 12 Trials are the future's way of making sense of the last year of Superman's life. They structure what would seem to be a random and chaotic series of events the same way all myths try to make sense of life.

Finally, this puts issue 12 in an interesting light.

DiDio was asked at SDCC whether any new All-Star titles were coming out. His reply was "Not at this time."
That's not a statement about how the All-Star line is going to be discontinued; it's just a statement on the current release schedule for any new series.
any previously announced series could still be in the works, maybe hording issues to be released in a timely manner rather than bi-, tri-monthly.
they did this with Kevin Smith and his "Batman: Cacophony" series, so maybe this could be an application as well.
That's one quote but he was asked flat out about the line and has said the All-Star titles didn't work out how they planned so they are not moving forward with them at the moment.

Damn that really sucks! But at the same time it will be difficult for anyone to to that All Star Superman run. I was really hoping that both the series could continue with stellar creative teams having their own takes on the character. Oh well.

I'm glad it's ending. Anything that followed was just going to be a disappointment.

After re-reading over the All-Star Superman series I am wondering did All-Star Superman really did or did we see the starting phase to Superman 1,000,000 ( as seen in DC One Million and All-Star Superman #6)?

I think so, but it doesn't quite match up with the continuity they had presented. He had traveled the Universe for a few thousands years before he came back and went to live in the sun. Maybe he comes back and does the whole hero thing until Lois finally dies, then maps the universe, then comes back and lives in the sun for 800 years or whatever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"