The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks man! I've messaged him. Let's hope it's not so expensive. How much would a mask like that cost...?

No idea, I wouldnt say more than $200 but I could be wrong

I don't know if anyone has seen this, but it's Roids youtube review of TDKR. And he actually shaved part of his eyebrow like Hardy had done for the film, which I think might be the funniest thing I've ever seen.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuWiTj8Mspw&feature=plcp[/YT]

EDIT: Embed and the YT tags aren't working, here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SuWiTj8Mspw&feature=plcp

I thought that was pretty cool , he decided to take it a step further, I to wanted to do the same, but i had it done with make up instead.

I'm going to start sewing my vest in the next week. Does anyone know how the armor is put on?

i second redhood never made anything in my life for costumes always been a buyer not a maker. so i could use someone to teach me the ways of the construction of the bane vest! lol

i second redhood never made anything in my life for costumes always been a buyer not a maker. so i could use someone to teach me the ways of the construction of the bane vest! lol

It makes sense to me for the most part it's just the armor thats tripping me up.

has anyone got this yet? it has almost 50 buys, wondering if its worth it...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bane-Dark-K...1115734600?pt=US_Costumes&hash=item3a77aa0648
I was wondering the same thing. Couldn't find any samples or feedback or anything. I do think that ultimately how convincing you sound will rest on how accurate your inflection and accent are. A voice mod may just help overcome any problems stemming from muffled speech.

So I've been looking at masks for a couple of weeks now and have mostly settled on the GCFX one (listed here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bane-Mask-F...1026831133?pt=US_Costumes&hash=item3f1a753f1d), however, like a lot of the other masks it seems to run fairly large. I've got a small head for a guy my size (22 or so), how much of a problem would that be? I realize the material is supposed to be fairly tight and stretch to the person wearing it, but I'm worried that 3 sizes difference may be too much to comfortably overcome with padding. I definitely don't want to dump 300 dollars on a mask only to have it look horrible (obviously).

I'd wait for these new masks to come out but I actually need mine by August 15th or so for a convention. Kind of deciding what to do... any thoughts?

The GCFX mask is great. I've heard of people putting padding in the back if its a big larger on them.

those "voice modulators" people are selling on ebay for 30 or more, can be bought at walmart, dollar general, dollar tree, etc or any cheap store for 5-10 bucks. the ebayers just simply bought them there, took out the electronics parts and sell them as "kits", and they're not worth the money. they're those "alien robot" style voice changers.

It's funny how these eBay auctions work.
Gcfx makes bane mask.
Tech toys makes voice changer for gcfx mask.

Costumebase and color suits recast gcfx mask and sell at a lower price.

Costumebase comes out with vest.
Color suits begins to make a second vest, Identical to Costumebase.

Colorsuits begins reselling tech toys' voice changer for 20 dollars more, even including the YouTube sample from tech toys' original listing.

Basically it's like everybody is in a loop of ripping each other off.

Yeah it's pretty crappy if you ask me. Just make your own stuff if you want costuming to be your business, don't mooch of other peoples work.

I was wondering the same thing. Couldn't find any samples or feedback or anything. I do think that ultimately how convincing you sound will rest on how accurate your inflection and accent are. A voice mod may just help overcome any problems stemming from muffled speech.

So I've been looking at masks for a couple of weeks now and have mostly settled on the GCFX one (listed here http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bane-Mask-F...1026831133?pt=US_Costumes&hash=item3f1a753f1d), however, like a lot of the other masks it seems to run fairly large. I've got a small head for a guy my size (22 or so), how much of a problem would that be? I realize the material is supposed to be fairly tight and stretch to the person wearing it, but I'm worried that 3 sizes difference may be too much to comfortably overcome with padding. I definitely don't want to dump 300 dollars on a mask only to have it look horrible (obviously).

I'd wait for these new masks to come out but I actually need mine by August 15th or so for a convention. Kind of deciding what to do... any thoughts?

i have the GCFX mask and i thought it would be a lot better. i mean its a good mask but i feel that the mouth part with the pipes are too small compared to other masks. i got it fully painted and it looks great. its WAY too big for my head and iv been looking into padding it.

also, the mask i was sent was like slanted sideways =/.

pm me with any questions you have man.

It's just funny to me because there's telltale signs that they seem to have just bought the other's work and are just reselling it. Look at the gcfx mouth grill, it's slightly larger than the actual mask and the pipes have a sideways slant. Look at the side "metal panels". The horizontal lines on them? Kind of a....vent-y look. They aren't the same on both sides. On angles down and has more lines. Now look at the color suits and Costumebase masks. They have the EXACT same appearance. Also, the green vest with the silver belt? Costumebase and color suits are selling the exact same one. Claiming they each have the most accurate vest.
They don't even try to hide it! At least...change the friggin color of something.

Sorry, rant over, I just thought it was unbelievable unless they're all part of the same larger company or something.

seven months preparations for the premiere of The Dark Knight Rises

Last edited:
photo10.jpg

photo9.jpg

seven months preparations for the premiere of The Dark Knight Rises
Holy damn!

where can i get the coat? i saw on ebay there is a seller from the UK and it will cost about 400 bucks USD dollars to get it to me in the USA. a bit pricey =/

So in terms of mask quality/authenticity, is the gcfx one the best that is immediately available like from eBay etc? Anyone have any photos of it on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"