The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

please don't die thread

I'm thinking the samething :csad:

tumblr_m5qvinFFU01r4ad8no5_r1_250.gif

I'm going to try to take some good pictures as soon as I get all of my stuff together ;) don't worry we'll keep it alive haha

Just got my banepants...bane pants...in the mail today! They're pretty damn cool. Not used to where the waist sits though.

So I started my sculpt today too.. First time in this scale for me too.. This is my progress for today:

Doesn't look no where as perfect as the sculpts by MJ and Opiate, and the side straps look damn wide, and I kinda regret calling this a 'budget-built' and haven't done a better head-casting of my friend.. I'll never use a plaster-strip head again, lessong learned! :p

Last edited:
Speaking of the banepants, does anyone else think that the kneepads sit low? Or maybe larges are just too big for me lengthwise? I'm a little under 5'10

Speaking of the banepants, does anyone else think that the kneepads sit low? Or maybe larges are just too big for me lengthwise? I'm a little under 5'10
Nah, they ride kind of low, I had to tighten mine up all the way and wear them grandpa style.

Nah, they ride kind of low, I had to tighten mine up all the way and wear them grandpa style.

Fkin right grandpa style lol. I got these things sitting right at my belly button. I mean, I guess thats your "natural" waist or whatever, but damn...never wore pants that high in the military.

Ok, I'm putting my material order in tomorrow. Luckily I got a buddy that lives near one of smooth-ons distributers so I don't have to wait for paypal, and shipping and all that crap which takes forever.

Still tweaking and reshaping anytime I touch the thing, but I found a couple different pics that showed some good angles so I'm pretty close to done with this part except for smoothing the nose holes.:woot:

securedownload-4.jpg

Opiate, your sculpt is awesome! Also, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who has to hike my banepants pants way up.

Here are some progress of the pipes. Also, you can see that I started playing around with some color, but it's not really sticking so far :/
IMG_0730_zps10ff8d1f.jpg

IMG_0732_zps0266aec9.jpg

Opiate, your sculpt is awesome! Also, it's good to know that I'm not the only one who has to hike my banepants pants way up.

Here are some progress of the pipes. Also, you can see that I started playing around with some color, but it's not really sticking so far :/
IMG_0730_zps10ff8d1f.jpg

IMG_0732_zps0266aec9.jpg

Those pipes are great! Can I ask how you made them?

Does anyone know where I can get some reasonable, not necessarily screen accurate trousers? I refuse to pay £65 for the Costumebase ones let alone the ridiculous price for the Bane Pants ones.

I'm doing this for a Birthday and it's already cost me far more than I'd like. :p

Does anyone know where I can get some reasonable, not necessarily screen accurate trousers? I refuse to pay £65 for the Costumebase ones let alone the ridiculous price for the Bane Pants ones.

I'm doing this for a Birthday and it's already cost me far more than I'd like. :p

How 'bout these?

Hey can anyone who has the costumebase, colorsuits, etc, vest help me out please? I'm having a helluva time putting this thing on by myself. What are the steps to putting it together and when to lace the two vest pieces together, etc. I don't know why I am having such trouble putting the vest together and on, but each time I do it just doesn't look or feel right. Any and all help is appreciated haha.

Those pipes are great! Can I ask how you made them?

For most of them I cut and glued together dowel rods, made a mold of that, and then cast it in plastic. Then I etched the lines into the plastic cast and made a mold of that. That method works nicely for all the angular pipes. The two center pipes at the bottom are curved, so I made the basic shape out of clay, and then did the same process with making a plastic cast and carving the lines into it.

By the way, I just have to say that the chin on your mask looks perfect.

Hey can anyone who has the costumebase, colorsuits, etc, vest help me out please? I'm having a helluva time putting this thing on by myself. What are the steps to putting it together and when to lace the two vest pieces together, etc. I don't know why I am having such trouble putting the vest together and on, but each time I do it just doesn't look or feel right. Any and all help is appreciated haha.

I have my girlfriend help me into it. Putting it on all together by myself, the vest and belt never fit quite right. Usually i put on the vest, lace it up and then the belt comes last

Yup that's me from the Las Vegas Comic Expo with Todd (AZSpidey) as Batman! I am super surprised we made it since everytime those Cosplay things are dominated by women!

HAHA yeah I usually keep up with that website's cosplay list as I like see what people have made. The list was actually dominated by women more so than usual (though not by much).

On a different note, I just ordered all (hopefully) of the material I need to try and sew my own vest. so we'll see what I can get done in the next three weeks. Crunch time!

That's pretty funny, woman in reigimagined costume, woman in reimagined costume, woman, woman, Bane and Batman dudes.

Guys in costuming arent as well received as half naked women in costume, I have no idea why?

But they are still received better than the average half naked costuming guy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"