The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

About achieving a recessed look:
My thoughts were to abuse the ladder-stitch, by either stitiching into the side of the vest and then into the top layer of the armor plate (would loose some fabric along the lenght and width of the vest), or something I haven't tested myself but have not much hope of working, is to leave the spots where the armor-plates will be unquilted in the vest and sew through both vest layers and one plate layer..

Another way could also be to cut out the shape of the plates on the vest and sew the fabric used for the plates on the back and try to turn them inside out with enough batting..

Hey I wanted to go to the costume party to and I called Disneyland asked if I can be bane and they said I can't be anything scary. And I see u wore ur costume. So I think it's ok I still show up in the costume? Lol
You should be fine everyone that worked their loved it

You should be fine everyone that worked their loved it

Thanks so much. I'm so excited to go. And 2 questions for anyone with the bane pants. I know the knee pads are suppose to be on the knees but for some reason they are below. Does anyone know how too fix that? And also how do u remove the knee pads? Thanks!

Thanks so much. I'm so excited to go. And 2 questions for anyone with the bane pants. I know the knee pads are suppose to be on the knees but for some reason they are below. Does anyone know how too fix that? And also how do u remove the knee pads? Thanks!

You have to hike the pants up, they made them weird they all sit low. Kneepads are just velcro'd in.

Hey guys, im planning on being Bane from the plane scene(prologue). I have been looking for a black shirt like Banes but dont really know where to look. I was thinking of this http://www.walmart.com/ip/Faded-Glory-Men-s-Long-Sleeve-Solid-Thermal-Crew-Tee/20567092 , but I dont know how accurate its going to be. If anyone can point me to an accurate version of his black shirt, the help would be much appreciated.

Think he's wearing a long sleeve under armour shirt in the plane scene. But I could be wrong.

i put my vest on the back burner but i am planning on adhering layer of some squishy foam to the inside of the armor piece, about a 1/4 smaller all the way around, then just stitching it on. i figure that will work for the recessed edge look, but it's still in the planning stages. maybe do a mini mock-up and see how it looks? the idea of an armored cover for my kitchenaid mixer is crackin me up right now.

side note, since my own head mold did not work, i am considering looking for a cast of the muzzle and side pieces to incorporate with my own upper portion and tubing that i already have. this would be something a few months down the line, ideally. if anyone has a rough cast they dont need, let me know. probably my best bet at this point. not asking for a handout, willing to pay for it as long as it is not in horrible shape.

I know this is a bane costume thread it I couldn't find a batman one. Kris from Hell's Kitchen CC made this for me last year. I have the UD gloves and boots to wear with it. Here's some pics on the mannequin
ECEF1C6D-0DDB-48D2-8CF9-A20009ACF8AF-3027-0000008BA1202344.jpg

3ECC8BB4-271E-487C-9ECC-2DA4A532B0F7-3027-0000008BAA1DDA57.jpg

Just need to find a way to attatch the cape

Not sure if this guy is on this forum, but I found one of the 7 Rdmaul vests (pretty sure it is one of them) on ebay right now, it's an auction for everything except the boots and the mask. I can't afford it (though I seriously wish I could) so I figured I'd share it in case anyone is interested in it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Bane-Costum...1001987379?pt=US_Costumes&hash=item4abd359d33

That looks like one of my vests BUT he has modified it heavily for what reason I do not know! I actually think he made it less accurate by modding it the way he did!

Wow that's real good. How much did it cost to make? I kind of want one of those Bat suits in the future.

Wow that's real good. How much did it cost to make? I kind of want one of those Bat suits in the future.

I had to buy the undersuit first. That was around 300. The the suit to have made and glued on was around 1250. Then I got the boots and gloves for cheap. All said and don't I think it was about 1750. Which is pretty fair. I think it looks a lot better than the Gotham fx suit. It's all latex and made from real carbon fiber and the undersuit is the closest you'll find to the real thing. It's pretty serious. And weighs about 35 pounds

That looks like one of my vests BUT he has modified it heavily for what reason I do not know! I actually think he made it less accurate by modding it the way he did!

Rdmaul if it is your vest , how do they run in sizing ? Like is the vest adjustable To fit a few different sizes ?
Thanks for your help

Looks great man.

Thanks for the info.

Rdmaul if it is your vest , how do they run in sizing ? Like is the vest adjustable To fit a few different sizes ?
Thanks for your help
I gave measurements and the guy just did his magic.

But the ratio sizing is actually not proper because the actual vest's pads are a bit smaller and the shoulder straps should be narrower. Ryan's vest is 90% spot on. The SiQ vest has better accuracy in measurement AFAIK but it will run you a lot of money to get it done.

Yeah that was what was giving me trouble in figuring out if it was one of your vests. I saw the "6" in the top of the collar so I knew it was the 6th in the set, but the vinyl padding is killing me.

Looks great man.

Thanks for the info.

But the ratio sizing is actually not proper because the actual vest's pads are a bit smaller and the shoulder straps should be narrower. Ryan's vest is 90% spot on. The SiQ vest has better accuracy in measurement AFAIK but it will run you a lot of money to get it done.

I'm just trying to see if the vest would fit . He said his chest is a size 38 the guy selling the vest and mine is a 44 . Just seeing if it fits before I bid on it .
Thanks for your response & help

Thanks for your help

Its a adjustable to a point BUT if it wasnt made for you it wont fit as well as it should.

Looks great man.

Thanks for the info.

I would have to disagree actually, the pads on the SIQ vest are generic to every model that is made. The only difference is the sizing of the vest. As for the SIQ vest its beautiful BUT insanely expensive and will drop in price eventually when the need for them dies down.

I'm just trying to see if the vest would fit . He said his chest is a size 38 the guy selling the vest and mine is a 44 . Just seeing if it fits before I bid on it .
Thanks for your response & help

Your going to have a really hard time getting into the vest thats for sure. I had mine made before I started my Gym routine at 44 inch chest and I am a 45.5 now and its harder for me to get in BUT mine has been stretched and worn a bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"