The Official Bane Costume Thread - Part 4

Sweet, thanks everybody! I'll be sure to post updates as I'm going along :)

Here's a few pics with the Belstaff jacket!

8135964714_ab9ed1b115_b.jpg

8135936363_899c032a64_b.jpg

I'm here to fulfill Ra's al Ghul's destiny!
looking fantastic what mask is that?
I decided to go with the original Bane this year, just not a fan of the new Bane look.

bane1.jpg

bane1.jpg.html
bane2.jpg

bane3.jpg

bane4.jpg

bane3.jpg.html

bane4.jpg.html

bane5.jpg.html

HOLY ****. Ur pretty ribbed bro. sick costume

Last edited:
looking fantastic what mask is that?
Its off EBay, from a seller "HammerHeart44" from China. It's a very high quality mask, but it was not expensive. I researched for a mask that would not have a HUGE sizing issue, this one fits him perfecly and he usually wears a 7 3/8 fitted hat . It's worked well for his costume. GED10

1_006.jpg

2_005.jpg

Everyone going out for Halloween, have fun out there and be safe.
-Todd

Happy Halloween everyone! hope everyone had a great night, I know I did.

I got my first test pull out of the mold earlier today, and it actually didn't tun out too bad. I was experimenting with ways of making it look metal and luckily the first way I tried worked out pretty well. Good thing cause this crap ain't cheap lol.

1351743734.jpg

Hello first post, but I have been following this thread for a while, just to show you some pics of my bane costume

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0548.jpg

Last edited:
So I snagged AZ's (Todd's) first commission build mask... looks like the photography was just bad on it because the color is actually pretty good, and only temporary via some green body paint. I hope to give it a happy home for some time while promoting my Back Breaker jacket.

2012-11-01%252009.37.16.jpg

My Logan's Closet Back Breaker jackets came out pretty much as expected... the preorders shipped out and I only have two left available from the preorder run group. taking regular production orders now in the full size range, and more of the correct spec fabric is getting made this month as well for the new orders coming in.

P1060540.JPG

P1060541.JPG

P1060538.JPG

Just opened this at work to see people's costume updates and now I think the lady behind me thinks I like HUGE men in latex masks.

This is going to be awkward.

Looks as great as expected bro! What are the chest sizes for the med and large can I ask?

So I snagged AZ's (Todd's) first commission build mask... looks like the photography was just bad on it because the color is actually pretty good, and only temporary via some green body paint. I hope to give it a happy home for some time while promoting my Back Breaker jacket.

2012-11-01%252009.37.16.jpg

My Logan's Closet Back Breaker jackets came out pretty much as expected... the preorders shipped out and I only have two left available from the preorder run group. taking regular production orders now in the full size range, and more of the correct spec fabric is getting made this month as well for the new orders coming in.

P1060540.JPG

P1060541.JPG

P1060538.JPG

Looks awesome!! Makes me wish I had the cash for a Todd mask AND a LC Back Breaker jacket!

I've definitely decided to go the corset route, I may have found a lady that will make it for me. I like her stuff already, and she said she thinks it's something she can do especially if I'm willing to provide the extra straps and hardware and stuff. I'm getting more and more excited! XD

Well, I'm gonna try and go to the WKU (my campus) vs MTSU game tonight dressed as Bane...we'll see if they let me in. Update and pictures hopefully to follow

So are we! :cwink:

I've definitely decided to go the corset route, I may have found a lady that will make it for me. I like her stuff already, and she said she thinks it's something she can do especially if I'm willing to provide the extra straps and hardware and stuff. I'm getting more and more excited! XD

Here are my pics from Halloween with the girlfriend :) Hope you guys had as much fun as we did!

3456_10152208621820251_429747315_n.jpg

65477_10152208619450251_596836631_n.jpg
21770_10152208619775251_778978830_n.jpg

522915_10152220684355177_1176457613_n.jpg

561798_10152197749680251_1950239723_n.jpg

willfraser-banefinal.png
maeuy-selinakylefinal.png

***Can someone tell me how to get these images down to size? I keep trying to edit the post and scale them down, but when I save it just puts them back to normal. I apologize in advance***

Long time lurker. Been building my costume since late August.

hTBbo.jpg

Wrgu4.jpg

Gwjmh.jpg

I built the vest from a regular tactical vest. I cut half inch foam into the shapes for the plates on the vest. I covered them in pleather, painted then weathered them, and attached them to the vest. The vest has a zipper down the middle, so I attached one side of the big plate with spray adhesive and I used Velcro so secure the other side. It was pretty easy to get into.

The double belt//kidney belt was made from two belts wrapped in tan fabric with belts added on the top for detail. I bought the Alice quick release straps and added the red ties. Went to good will and bought every military-esque belt I could find to assemble the harness. no sewing was done. Everything was spray adhesive or fabric glue.

For the pants I just bought regular grey cargo pants, added weathered clips and straps to the pockets and added foam knee pads. Turned out better than expected. I don't have any pictures of that so far. Hopefully some will turn up. I had so many pictures taken with people.

I went the bald cap route. It turned out pretty well. Most people thought I had actually shaved my head until they got close enough to touch me.

This is the best picture I have as of now of the vest finished.
3KSK4.jpg

Templets for the plates
5aPUu.jpg

Painting/Weathering
WJsECl.jpg

Almost there (note: the vest is not zipped up or secured down with Velcro so it looks a little wonky)
lVxtUl.jpg

Last edited:
Here is my Bane costume! I know it's not movie-accurate, but I went for my own take on it. I'll eventually get the correct vest. Mask is JBrown, very high-quality! I wore this in Salem on Halloween evening, and got a great reception. I've been costuming for a while now, and this ranks very high, one of my faves!

Bane_Batman_fx1_border1a.jpg

Bane_Hardy1a-1.jpg

Bane_vs_Batman.jpg

Very cool, you guys! I seriously love seeing everyone's costumes, there are so many ways to achieve a great look! @Spider892 I've been considering the bald cap myself, but I'm torn. I mean, I've shaved my head before but it looked really weird, I just don't think I have the facial structure to make it look good. I think what I'll end up doing is just pulling my hair into a pony tail underneath the back of the mask. I'll have to play with it once I get it.

Very cool, you guys! I seriously love seeing everyone's costumes, there are so many ways to achieve a great look! @Spider892 I've been considering the bald cap myself, but I'm torn. I mean, I've shaved my head before but it looked really weird, I just don't think I have the facial structure to make it look good. I think what I'll end up doing is just pulling my hair into a pony tail underneath the back of the mask. I'll have to play with it once I get it.

Pigtails.
One out each side of the mask.

More images from last night are coming. I DJ a local rock club every month and last night was our Halloween night. So yep, that's right, I was DJ Bane for the evening.

12720_10151144929395963_643947233_n.jpg

EDIT:
DJ Bane
578996_10151113557823244_1393260895_n.jpg

and the lovely Catwoman/Selina Kyle that joined me.

304364_10151113552188244_1263756256_n.jpg

Last edited:
great costumes everyone.. You all look fantastic

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back