The Official Batman Returns Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah man, and I really wanted the Hot Toys Batmobile (and Batman). I really hope they will at least release a Batman Returns line somewhere down the road. I wanted to get the 89 Batman doll but when the news came out about the BR line, I decided to wait for the Returns version of Batman (the Returns suit is my favorite movie version of the Batsuit).

The Keaton Hot Toys figure is the pinnacle of my collection... I have a lot of prop replicas and other toys that I love... but it just looks so good. I still recommend getting it. ;)

I always did like this song.

batmanreturns_smile.gif

I've still never listened to that song outside of the movie. However, I've heard "Kiss From a Rose" about a million times.

"Kiss from a Rose" was the song for the first dance at a wedding at which I was best man. Love the couple concerned, but that choice made me hit the bar hard.

Well I loved it because it was a Batman song.

I was 5.

Both the Schumacher and Burton films had great soundtracks. One that I can't stop smiling at has to be this just because of the lyrics (although it's still a great song).

[YT]jfpnIyqieyk[/YT]

Last edited:
I still have it... some decent tunes on it.

I'm still hoping La La Land Records releases the complete score. It's the only theatrical score we're missing.

Martha Wayne is the parental focus of the novel BATMAN: THE ULTIMATE EVIL. It's good stuff, and she's finally fleshed out a bit. A more recent novel, WAYNE OF GOTHAM has a lot of Martha's backstory in it.

i saw this one last night. It really is jarring how different it is from Batman 89. The only real similarities are the batmobile, Keaton, Michael Gough and the costume (and even that is quite different). For a direct sequel it doesn't hold up.

89 had old world criminals and gangsters and even the city was a lot different. This movie makes little sense AS A SEQUEL!

Burton always confessed he never felt it was a sequel. He wanted it to have a whole new feel to it. He said it was the only way he could envision it.

Here is his foreward from the Batman Returns movie book:

foreward_zps082a331d.jpg

Last edited:
Burton always confessed he never felt it was a sequel. He wanted it to have a whole new feel to it. He said it was the only way he could envision it.

Here is his foreward from the Batman Returns movie book:

foreward_zps082a331d.jpg

Really? in that case i almost wish he had done a different movie without the references to Vicki Vale, the same Batmobile and different actors!

Returns was fun, but it sure wasn't a direct sequel.

Well, this morning I wrote a now deleted post about how Burton didn't want to direct a sequel, but preferred to make a new approach/take to the whole story. Yes, it's still a sequel - it doesn't deny what happened in the first movie - but it can be viewed and comprehended without its predecessor.

I'm just curious why you think so? When I was younger I thought the same thing, but now I love the 89 one!

I prefer the Bat symbol and the armor kind of look on the chest over the fake chest muscle look on the B'89 one, which frankly looks a little corny to me.

I prefer the Bat symbol and the armor kind of look on the chest over the fake chest muscle look on the B'89 one, which frankly looks a little corny to me.

I can definitely see what you mean about the 89 suit. I still prefer it, but in certain shots in that movie, you can see the musculature seams and it does look odd.

The Returns Batsuit, IMO, is the best. The first one looked neat, the muscley suit reminds me of the armor that gladiators used to wear. But there were a number of issues with the 1989 Batsuit... the cowl looked too big for Keaton's head, the texture looks like rough clay and personally I prefer a tech style instead of the muscley look.It is the most comic-faithful Batsuit. In Returns, Keaton's Batman literally looks like a black colored version of Neal Adams' Batman.

3744_400x600.jpg

2fie.jpg

A stiffer, bulkier version... but yes, it's Neal Adams on the big screen.

It remains my favourite Bat-suit. :hrt:

I like the Returns suit just solely on the fact the bat symbol matches with the logo of the movie. :o

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"