The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I would gif this important scene....

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/49642539470/nothing-to-fear-batman-the-animated-series-more

3yfWJI0.gif
nKjO4ut.gif

Kjx4TPi.gif
2zgoluS.gif

RpTZn19.gif
mcCQMrw.gif

Literally the best line in the entire series.

There was alot of over the top, melodramatic lines in the series... but somehow Kevin Conroy always made them work.

''Then I'll see you in your nightmares'' from Perchance to Dream always sounded a little bit hokey, but again, Conroy pulled it off really well.

Guess it was all that Julliard training.

Not one of Joker's best episodes, but I liked the showdown on the roller coaster.

So i'm currently working on making gifs for Appointment in Crime Alley and I almost forgot how incredible the score was in this episode.

I love Appointment in Crime Alley episode. It's a great one.

Thanks Kane for all the gifs.

So i'm currently working on making gifs for Appointment in Crime Alley and I almost forgot how incredible the score was in this episode.

Yeah everytime I think about that ep. that main theme (whenever Batman is trying to make it on time for his appointment and stuff happens) for that ep pops in my head. Great score and ep., imho. I know World's Finest did a review on it and believed it butchered the comic it was based on. I still enjoy it.

There was alot of over the top, melodramatic lines in the series... but somehow Kevin Conroy always made them work.

''Then I'll see you in your nightmares'' from Perchance to Dream always sounded a little bit hokey, but again, Conroy pulled it off really well.

Yeah, he always made those lines badass. BTAS was the perfect blend of dark and corny for Batman.

I agree the animation in POV is very top notch. It's very cinematic (as is the case with most of the eps.) in scope and style. I also liked the way Batman was represented in this ep. Very larger than life.

I agree the animation in POV is very top notch. It's very cinematic (as is the case with most of the eps.) in scope and style. I also liked the way Batman was represented in this ep. Very larger than life.

I agree 100%

Cool. What a fun, weird episode. I was expecting one or Fugit's big "NOOOOOOO!" at the end of the prologue.

That's a really good episode. Fugit was a great villain. I loved his revenge campaign against Mayor Hill. That death trap in the bank vault for Batman where all the air was being sucked out of the room was a doozy.

Fun fact: all the animation was done on black paper instead of white, so even the Gotham daytime scenes have a dark noir aesthetic.

I wasn't a fan of Clock King and thought this episode was good enough B list villain.

I really liked Clock King. It was one of my favorite episodes.

Another excellent episode. I thought the Clock King, who's always precise with timing, was a great opponent for Batman. It made for a fun cat and mouse game between him and the caped crusader. Batman really used his wits and brains in this ep. The motive for why Fugit hates Hill was great. "He made me late!" The climax in the Clock Tower was also superb. The moment where Batman rescues Mayor Hill while trying to escape from the tower himself as it demolishes was very thrilling, imo. At the end of the ep. I used to wonder if the Clock King would ever return or not, but he finally did during the third season.

The moment where Bruce gets into costume for the first time in the ep was great also. Though impossible.

I loved the Clock King... It's one of the episodes that always stuck in my mind as a kid.

I used to think he will finish it with "Hell" instead of "Your Nightmares"

I have a soft spot for this episode... even though it's not all that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"