The Official Batman TAS Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a pretty poor episode to be honest. Joker using laughing gas for generic robberies. Very uninspiring. The best part of this episode was Captain Clown.

"You killed Captain Clown. YOU KILLED CAPTAIN CLOWN!!!!"

It's a alright episode but it did have some...punny lines that made it sorta special and yeah...Captain Clown!

''I DREW you a bath, sir!... April Fools!''

''Your going to melt just like a grilled cheesed sandwich''

Classic lines. :oldrazz:

Continuing with my BTAS/TNBA gifs, Episode: The Last Laugh

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/50285577388/the-last-laugh-batman-the-animated-series-more
Vv9t54O.gif
uCmkjvG.gif

sVk1fE8.gif
E78Of3f.gif

sw85Vz8.gif
yFamcJJ.gif

6NWisfM.gif
QVd8dI8.gif

x0n7Uh2.gif
BWZtL3j.gif

A very fun ep, imo. You guys gotta remember at that point Timm and company were still trying to figure out the right tone for their version of the Joker. I think they finally figured him out in "The Laughing Fish". I also agree that Captain Clown was a great and challenging foe for Bats.

I used to get chills as a kid at that image on the bottom left shot of the Joker. Again I love the use of Elfman's Batman theme in the climax as Batman goes after Joker. It made the confrontation even more exciting. The score in this ep. in general was very good. It added a very upbeat and hip feel to it.

As a kid watching that moment, where Batman was hanging for dear life over the flames, had me on the edge of my seat. I remember wondering how Batman was going to get out of that one. And when he did it was nothing short of splendid. The way batman got out of it where he swung through the flames would've made a nice gif as well. It was a very chills inducing moment for me when I was kid.

The April fools joke Bruce pulled on Alfred at the end was a good way to wrap up the ep. It's a side you don't often see of Bruce/Batman. Since the guy doesn't have a sense of humor.

I always loved and hated the music in that episode. It was so catchy, and the episode played it endlessly.

Yeah it was pretty catchy and strange compared to the rest of the score. It was more upbeat and fun.

An excellent episode... a little weird giving Alfred a one time girlfriend but it was nice to have him out and about.

This episode imo was a miss, Ivy wasn't as good as she was in her debut episode "Pretty Poison". Which is probably why she didn't get another solo episode and was partnered up with Harley Quinn in "Harley & Ivy". I did like Batman's quote to her thought "And convictions of a fanatic" the tone of Kevin's voice to display anger was prefect.

This episode imo was a miss, Ivy wasn't as good as she was in her debut episode "Pretty Poison". Which is probably why she didn't get another solo episode and was partnered up with Harley Quinn in "Harley & Ivy".

That's not true. She had another solo episode called 'House and Garden'.

House and Garden maybe my favorite of the episodes with Ivy, seriously some great twilight zone-ish material.

Well I like this episode because it was good too se Alfred been out and about rather than staying out in the Batcave

I enjoyed the Eternal Youth ep. The animation was great. The way Batman outsmarted Ivy in the climax, when the chemical enzyme or whatever her female goons were spraying him with didn't have any effect on him b/c he coated his suit with an antidote, was an excellent way of showing the character being ahead of his enemies. As well as showing Batman's intelligence I also get a kick out of the moment earlier in the ep, where Bruce was yelling at one of his employees on the phone as Bruce Wayne of course, but after his phone conversation ended he uses his Batman voice when talking to Alfred about the situation. Conroy does the transition of his two voices with ease. Really showing how much thought he put into both voices for the two personas.

Hi everyone am new to the forum here. I love Batman and I'm a huge huge fan of Hawkman and Hulk and other characters. I'm a huge fan of BTAS especially the earlier episodes especially ones where Robin gets beaten up or seeing tough females in episodes. I was wondering given this clip from the episode BANE - the girl Candice totally beats the crap out of Robin in the water.

[YT]CQ2ImwUIMUQ[/YT]

If you were to cast a live action version of Candice, someone tough enough to handle robin and nearly pretty much hand him a pretty embarassing defeat, who would you cast?

That last gif with the fake scarecrow in the chair was creepy. It reminded me of a similar moment in the original Psycho. In fact that whole Arkham sequence was great in general. It's always nice to see worthy guest appearances from Batman's rogues.

I enjoyed Fear of Victory overall. Robin was crucial to the story. The sequence with Batman hanging on a building for dear life as the thieves above 'em drop gargoyles and bricks at him was a great sequence also. I remember that moment being a little intense with Robin being afraid of heights and helpless to Batman thanks to the Crane's fear toxin. The animation was superb as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"