Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arkham Asylum:
[YT]3nM1-n1vNnc[/YT]

I'm really hook up to this show. This last episode was really great. Just when Gordon and Bullock are warming up to each other... this explodes...

Arkham is so much more dangerous than anything yet introduced in Gotham.

Before STAR Labs, before Kord Ind. etc., they had a whiff of housing metas as well as true psychopaths.

I never thought Catwoman, Penguin or Riddler ever should have been there but over a few decades things always get a little weird. :cwink:

B1O2ADACQAAIGLY.png:large

Zsasz is Coming
[YT]FQQTGaLlQM0[/YT]

I love their write-up for Gotham:

It didn't take an evil super-genius to predict big ratings for Fox's much-hyped Batman prequel, but it still delivered. The premiere notched the network's best fall drama debut in 14 years (!), and it's still pulling in about 6 million viewers each week — the lone bright spot in Fox's dismal fall. Delayed viewing via DVRs puts Gotham right alongside NBC's certified hit The Blacklist in the key 18-49 demo, which means we should be seeing Detective Gordon and company on this same Bat-channel for years to come.

:up:

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...Twitter&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter
· As the TV industry continues to discuss the importance of counting non-linear viewing, FOX saw +15% more non-linear viewing (FOX NOW, Hulu and VOD days 4+) on FOX original telecasts during Premiere Week this season vs last.

· Over 30 days of Multi-Platform viewership, the series premiere of GOTHAM delivered an average audience of 22.2 Mil, up +168% versus its Live + Same Day viewership.

o GOTHAM drew an average audience of 5.0 million outside of the viewing measured by Nielsen -- on Hulu/FOXNOW and on VOD in the 4+ Day window. This marks the largest non-linear audience of any FOX telecast in the last three years.

This is great news, I'm glad the ratings are doing well. I've been rooting for this show since day one because, while I still think it's a LITTLE rough round the edges (the dialogue and some of the acting), it has incredible potential and I can see it steadily improving with each episode.

It's always the person you least suspect...

Come to think of it, Alfred showed little to no emotion upon discovering the Waynes....and he was with another suspect, Prof. Plum, that night in the study :hmm

Any theories on who the Wayne killer is?

We already know the Wayne board was shady. I bet Thomas and Martha discovered all about the shell companies they'd created so they had the parents bumped off.

And what's the reason behind leaving Bruce alive?

Because he doesn't know anything?
The killer couldn't bring himself to bump him off as instructed?
Less plausible, but still an option, Bruce was kept alive, so that he may one day discover the truth, to take down the killers?

Or the killer just thought it was a delight to leave an orphaned and disturbed child alive?

Bruce was probably deemed to be of no consequence one way or the other.

Anyone think the gunman may end up being Jack Napier, as in Batman '89? Seems they are going the mafia gunman route rather than the Joe Chill route. I could see them setting him up to be the Joker.

the show also seems to have some definite Burton influences.

Bruce was probably deemed to be of no consequence one way or the other.

It'll backfire one day ;)

And I was thinking the same thing about the gunman being Napier.
I can't help but put the killer and the comedian together in the same frame. Perhaps that was a deliberate intention from the writers to keep us guessing? Or maybe it's just me :o

Fans will be raging if he doesn't look like that for the next series.

I'm very much suspecting Bullock aswell. In an attempt to prove his loyalty to Falcone (like Gordon taking out Cobblepot) and also open the gates for Falcone to have control over Arkham. Bullock, then frames Mario Pepper and walks away with a clean slate. I don't suspect Joker or Joe Chill to have been the killer, I'm hoping Joker turns out to be the comedian who auditioned for Fish Mooney's club but I also hope not aswell. What do you's think?

I'm very much suspecting Bullock aswell. In an attempt to prove his loyalty to Falcone (like Gordon taking out Cobblepot) and also open the gates for Falcone to have control over Arkham. Bullock, then frames Mario Pepper and walks away with a clean slate. I don't suspect Joker or Joe Chill to have been the killer, I'm hoping Joker turns out to be the comedian who auditioned for Fish Mooney's club but I also hope not aswell. What do you's think?
Then after the betrayal, Bullock's son, Harvey Bullock Jr. joins the force at the end of the series, so it doesn't upset to many fans...bit like the Jimmy Olsen in Smallville :p

Bullock seems almost too lazy to even go through with the Wayne murders and I don't think he would personally wanna be in so deep that he could be gotten rid of by Falcone or be under his thumb. It would be a great twist though.

The killer certainly had Bullock's build, but Bullock doesn't strike me as the hitman type. Even with Penguin, and even with someone else doing it, he still agonized over it.

So who else has that build, and the motive to actually do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"