Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'Past DC TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Not as much abandoned as put on hold for Bruce to deal with the grief of killing someone (even though that went a bit longer than it should have). He's getting back into the swing of things with these recent episodes. As for Barbara's plotpoint, I don't know. It's another bizarre decision from Gotham, so I'm not really that surprised.

Also apparently someone leaked the final script page of the season finale on reddit. Spoilers beware.

2. Pennywise Registered

Just saw the page on reddit! All I can say is.... HOLY ****! Hoping this is renewed for S5, but if not, it could serve as a decent finale! That said, it does introduce a couple of characters I did not see coming!

3. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

Still got 8 days before Season 4 debuts for me. :dry:

4. dark_knight08 December 20, 2019

[YT]q432ZX6SHsc[/YT]

5. ironman29758 Registered

That trailer was definitely worth the Hype!!

6. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Was that the Joker gas I just saw?

7. Pennywise Registered

Awesome trailer! :hmr::hmr:

Pretty glad they didn't show any scenes with Cameron Monaghan's new character!

8. ironman29758 Registered

Agreed. I love Harvey's statement: "I don't know I thought it already was."
    Looks like it. Now I know Riddler would probably survive, but I wonder when it will became the lethal concoction we all know and fear.

I love the Joker like killing Joke references. I thought we would see more of Bruce masked counterparts.

I love the scene with the Legion of Horribles, and the Jerome saying he wants to paint the town with crazy.

9. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

He's definitely talking to [BLACKOUT]his twin[/BLACKOUT] when he's talking about the one bad day ideal.

10. ironman29758 Registered

Speaking of which, there was a potential leaked of the final script (IDK if it was a April fools joke or not) but SPOILERS!:

[BLACKOUT]
    https://friendofmanyfoeoffew.imgur.com
    -Lady Shiva, Mother and Orphan (potentially Black Bat/Cassandra Cain/Batgirl) and Man-Bat appears, Ra's Al Ghul returns in a physical form
    -Jeremiah/Potential Joker and Bruce interacts in an interrogation scene paralleling the scene in the Dark Knight, after Jeremiah tortures Alfred and shoots Selina
    - Jeremiah's bombs around the city are being monitored by Ra's as he uses Joker as a tool, killing a few characters in the process.
    - The old commissioner dies in an explosion
    - Someone saves Jim from being arrested
    -The bridges are destroyed, the national guard is called in, parts of the city are completely overtaken by criminals. It's almost exactly like No Man's Land, although the why of everything is a bit different.
    -Bruce just spots Gordon shining the spotlight from the roof of the GCPD after the whole city goes to ****, and decides to meet up with him because they both want to help people, closes on an iconic batman image (like the script says) and has a callback to one of the pilot's most memorable moments/Jim and Bruce's first meeting which is supported by this image:
    [​IMG].[/BLACKOUT]

11. NotNickFury Registered

You know, in hindsight, A Legion of Horribles would've been a good episode title for this, had Gotham not already used it in Season Two.

12. ironman29758 Registered

Agreed. But what's done is done. I love how we're getting an actual

But looking back at one interview is done, while everyone always call Gordon on his hypocrisy and moral fallings (Despite him being one of the moral best of Gotham at this point compared to some other characters), I love how Ben acknowledges it and season 4 uses it to develops the character:

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2018/03/29/gotham-what-jim-gordon-says-about-us

Which makes me more excited for the upcoming episodes coming up, especially the season finale!

13. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

I did like Gordon a lot in One Of My Three Soups.

14. Kane52630 Veridis Quo

That trailer looks great.

15. Pennywise Registered

Yup!

16. Jerome Valeska Registered

Okay so apparently Gotham Hub might be dropping brand-new Joker photos in the next few days. Really excited

17. ComicBookNerd Registered

What I like about Gotham is that it keeps getting stronger every season, while most superhero shows tend to start tailing off after the 3rd season. The build up of Bruce becoming Batman is reminding me a lot of Clark’s ascension to becoming Superman in Smallville.

18. Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I can't speak for season 4 but that's definitely true of the progression over the first 3 seasons.

19. Pennywise Registered

Sweet! :woot::woot:

20. Jerome Valeska Registered

Gotham Hub got an exclusive look at Gotham concept art, with Penguin wearing a monocle.

Really wish we could've gotten this.

21. Pennywise Registered

They really should have made this come to life! :csad: Oh, well!

22. NotNickFury Registered

So...random thought. Because we haven't seen Harvey Dent in a long time and since Nicolas D'Agosto is busy with Trial and Error on NBC, do you think that if Dent ever returned, that Gotham would recast him? Or heck, maybe he becomes Two-Face off-screen, which would explain the transformation.

At this point, I'm confident that Gotham could probably get away with recasting Harvey, as well and especially Montoya and Allen- remember those two?- and get away with it no problem.

23. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

I'd very much like to see Dent back, yeah. And I remember reading an interview quite a while back that D'Agosto would like to return to the show, though I have no idea how they'd do it disregarding the concept of recast.

As for Montoya and Allen... who actually cares at this point? They haven't popped up or been mentioned at all since the first half of season 1, and if they did manage to bring them back for whatever reason, they'd have to explain where they've been since then and what they'd been up to, plus their reactions to everything that's happened since then.

24. ZIPBAGS Registered

While I enjoy how all of the villains have developed. It’s at the point where we need Batman.

25. tbg Registered

One amusing thing I did notice on the show that they really should have fixed is, why would a billionaire have a 17" CRT TV in his house?