Gotham The Official Gotham News and discussion thread - Part 5

Discussion in 'Past DC TV Series' started by Thread Manager, Feb 3, 2018.

1. Guts Smug

Same reason the cops use typewriters and drive around in cars from the 80s. It's the style of the show.

2. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Gotham's timeline is supposed to be timeless according to the creators, so they put in stuff from different eras.

3. dark_knight08 December 20, 2019

I agree with GothamHub on Twitter "You can always count on GOTHAM for a thrilling episode each week! And they just keep getting better and better."

4. herolee10 No More Miracles

Really the only thing that doesn't seem to fit in this noir like world is Bruce's car, which looks like something that you would find in today's world only.

So Gotham pretty much has all of Batman's major foes running amuck but Gordon and the GCPD are doing fine without an actual Batman.

So what would be the point of this Bruce becoming Batman if the city doesn't need him anymore?

5. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Eh, come around the last three episodes and we'll see if the GCPD will be handling things well.

6. Pennywise Registered

I think all Hell will break loose when Jeremiah returns!

7. Guts Smug

The word that tv tropes has for it is anachronism stew. They probably got the inspiration to do it from the Burton/Schumacher movies and the animated series.

8. fan4stic Registered

They're not doing fine. This past episode only ended as well as it did for everyone because another villain helped, Jerome let himself die and Bruce and Jeremiah got involved. Last season, the virus was released, resulting in mass panic, which was only stopped by Jim on crazy virus cutting Jervis Tetch's throat because he didn't have time to escape with him and the court of owls was killed by the LOA. and in s2 despite stopping a bomb, all the monsters escaped. Bruce was the one to actually stop Jerome and prevent his escape last season too, after Jerome destroyed the city's power center and incited a riot. So far the police have been fairly not able to hold their own much. Crazy Lee is the one who stopped Sofia and saved Jim. Sofia is the one who killed Professor Pig. Ra's was only arrested because he wanted to be too.

9. KevTravels Registered

so why isn't Cameron Monaghan a series regular? His performances are among the best thing the show has going.

I'm quite amazed he finds the time to do this and Shameless.

10. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

He isn't a series regular because he's working on other shows (particularly Shameless) at the moment.

I like that though. Makes his appearances all the more enjoyable and worth the hype.

11. Ozbridge Registered

I think that whether an actor is regular or guest depend on their contract (agent), not necessarily the number of episodes they appear in. Nicholas D'Agosto was credited as recurring in season 1 and regular in season 2, but he appeared in 3 episodes of each season. (Though they MIGHT have credited him as regular but then found that his character wasn't necessary).

12. ironman29758 Registered

Honestly it feels like the GCPD and Gordon are barely holding things together, especially seeing that most of the Legion of Horrible is still free, Jim usually had to call on the mafia and Penguin whenever he needed help, and how the only way for saving people have been last minute saves(4×16 is particularly bold point of this).

13. Kane52630 Veridis Quo

14. Pennywise Registered

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/17/gotham-jeremiah-not-the-joker/

Hmmmm. So, he isn’t Joker?!

15. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Title is absolute clickbait, no surprise there. He is, but he's not gonna be called that. Danny Cannon isn't helping though with the still moronic idea of 'the Joker can be anybody, y'all'.

I still have no clue whether this is because of his stubborness, or legal reasons by WB.

16. Kane52630 Veridis Quo

'Gotham': 'No Man's Land' Finale Will "Reboot" the Series (Exclusive)

http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/04/17/gotham-season-5-reboot-story-no-mans-land/

17. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Thinking season 5 (if we get it) will be a loose adaptation of Batman: Year Zero.

18. DICKBUTTONS Registered

What is up with the narration tonight??

19. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

20. herolee10 No More Miracles

I wish they would clarify on what Ra's exactly wants from Bruce because prior to his "death", we were all under the impression that he was molding Bruce to become heir to the demon and then they layer establish that it was Barbara who he had in mind all along for that position.

I had hoped that last night's episode would reveal that Ra's only intended for Barbara to keep his seat warm until Bruce was fully ready but that wasn't the case.

21. ComicBookNerd Registered

Bruce needs to be the Demon’s Head. If they made Batman wannabe, Oliver Queen, the Demon’s Head on Arrow, then they have to make Bruce Wayne the Demon’s Head on Gotham.

22. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

Umm, no they don't. That would be stupid.

23. X Knight Straight Edge

if the S4 finale is indeed meant to "reboot" the show ( story wise or whatever ), then I think it's a perfect time to finally shift the focus away from Gordon as the main protag and rightfully put the focus on Bruce as the main character.

24. Arachnerd The White Portuguese

25. ZIPBAGS Registered

As much as I like David as young Bruce...if they are to transition him to Bats:Year One. I just don't know if I can buy it. He is not big enough.