The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Though a sequel may focus on sowing some seeds of distrust amongst the ranks, where some of them start to wonder about each member of the team having their own dark secrets and whatever. Maybe have Hulk himself go on a rampage due to manipulation and the rest of them not trusting him and him being pissed because his so called teammates are willing attack him at the drop of a hat in his eyes.

Though a sequel may focus on sowing some seeds of distrust amongst the ranks, where some of them start to wonder about each member of the team having their own dark secrets and whatever. Maybe have Hulk himself go on a rampage due to manipulation and the rest of them not trusting him and him being pissed because his so called teammates are willing attack him at the drop of a hat in his eyes.

I just hope that they don't have him going down the "ultimates" route where he slaughtered dozens of innocent people since once they have him do that, then it'll be next to impossible imho in trying to convince audiences that he's still hero material.

I'm glad, I was getting tired of them playing Hulk from the same angle over and over again.

Glad i'm not the only person that thinks Hulk works better on film as a team member than that constantly on the run etc...that just gets so old, and until now they had just kept rehashing it over and over.

That is possible; from what I’ve read so far, Mark has stated that Banner has gained control to the point where he can literally have bursts of anger at times and still not transform into the Hulk.

If anything, I’d say that the real biggest different between the two versions is that Mark’s Bruce is seemingly more active in helping people whereas Norton’s Banner was more reactive.

Also, some have suggested that it was because of that experiment that Banner went through with Samuel Sterns in NYC, where he was trying to suppress the Hulk that actually gave liege to Banner gaining some control over the Hulk while developing the Hulk’s mind into a more self conscious persona.

I never thought of the suppression experiment like that, but I can see it.

He definitely was reactionary the whole way through until the end when he volunteered to go fight Abomination. It might have been the barest of attempts to actually try and help with his whole "maybe I can aim it" line, but I think that's where I mark the mindset slowly starting to change until we see the end in the cabin

Who would kill him off anyway? If he gets into a life-threatening situation, he hulks out and then he is pretty much immortal.

Some roaring shots from all Hulks for comparison:
1426904-155.jpg

Hulk_Roar.jpg

AvengersHulkRoarBig.jpg
Yeah. There is none. Avengers Hulk all the way.

2003 Hulk actually looks better than 2008 Hulk.

As much as I wish Norton was in this so we'd have continuity with the actors, I think he would have really clashed with Whedon on the character.

Getting sucked into worm hole would be a good "out" if they wanted to get rid off him, leave his death ambiguous and there's room for a Planet Hulk movie :)

OT, but Spider-Man: Reign & Silver Surfer: Requiem are titles with similar premises, they're both really good too.

I'm glad, I was getting tired of them playing Hulk from the same angle over and over again.

I'd love in the next movie if bruce worked for s.h.i.e.l.d, instead of him being a fugitive.

I don't know. I like him as more of a fugitive. Banner, in the comics at least, seems to balance on a tightrope between being a brooding troubled + haunted guy who's clever.. to a Smug "one of the smartest men in the world" dick. I tihnk him being on the run and with less control+predictably of his powers really helps Banner stay grounded.

That said, I'm still VERY disapointed that his powers didn't come from the Gamma Bomb. I actually believe this is an intrinsic part of the Hulk Mythos and he's not the same without it.

I don't know. I like him as more of a fugitive. Banner, in the comics at least, seems to balance on a tightrope between being a brooding troubled + haunted guy who's clever.. to a Smug "one of the smartest men in the world" dick. I tihnk him being on the run and with less control+predictably of his powers really helps Banner stay grounded.

That said, I'm still VERY disapointed that his powers didn't come from the Gamma Bomb. I actually believe this is an intrinsic part of the Hulk Mythos and he's not the same without it.

Well I personal think that the avengers Hulk will be a Reboot Hulk and they won't reference TIH. So there's wiggle room to add that into this back ground. Plus this banner feel like a good enough person to actually go out and risk his life to save some one(Rick Jones) from being destroy by a gamma bomb.
[YT]Tjo6uavYpb0[/YT]

I'd love in the next movie if bruce worked for s.h.i.e.l.d, instead of him being a fugitive.

That would make perfect sense given Fury's attitude towards Banner. In The Consultant Agent Coulson had to manipulate General Ross because Fury preferred to have Banner working on the team, rather than Blonsky. The tie-in comics showed that Fury despises Ross, thinks he's an idiot and a rogue. Fury sent Natasha to prevent Ross from capturing Banner because he didn't want the scientist or his alter ego under the general's control.

It would be logical for Fury to keep Banner at SHIELD, then, both to keep him out of Ross's hands and to protect him.

That would make perfect sense given Fury's attitude towards Banner. In The Consultant Agent Coulson had to manipulate General Ross because Fury preferred to have Banner working on the team, rather than Blonsky. The tie-in comics showed that Fury despises Ross, thinks he's an idiot and a rogue. Fury sent Natasha to prevent Ross from capturing Banner because he didn't want the scientist or his alter ego under the general's control.

It would be logical for Fury to keep Banner at SHIELD, then, both to keep him out of Ross's hands and to protect him.

Speaking of which, I've always wondered on why SHIELD never got involved in the hunt to capture Banner/The Hulk themselves.

Let alone of the fact that if Fury was so concerned about Bruce's safety from Ross, why not just pick up Banner and have him in Shield protection than allow him to be openly targeted by Ross's forces?

Plus this banner feel like a good enough person to actually go out and risk his life to save some one(Rick Jones) from being destroy by a gamma bomb.

Yep, but he was still developing a nuclear bomb, which everyone seems to forget.

There a line way back in the first of Issue 1 where Banner says - "You know how I detest men who think with their fists."

What THE HELL is a nuclear bomb if not the ULTIMATE in thinking with your fists? Even before the Hulk, Banner had already distanced himself and his responsibility from all of the death and destruction that he was inevitably causing.

So to the Hulk, I always saw this edge to him, that he was the faceless death and destruction that's caused by the actions of "Smart Men" and world leaders, that they can distance themselves from, be it from developing bombs, viruses or starting wars or ordering attacks. Just because these people don't literally turn into their own Hulks to do the damage, it doesnt mean they're any less responsible or that they cause any less death and destruction than the hulk does.

/rant over.

Speaking of which, I've always wondered on why SHIELD never got involved in the hunt to capture Banner/The Hulk themselves.

Let alone of the fact that if Fury was so concerned about Bruce's safety from Ross, why not just pick up Banner and have him in Shield protection than allow him to be openly targeted by Ross's forces?

For one thing, Fury would be wary of doing anything to anger Banner and trigger a transformation. Why risk that when the man was calm, hadn't had an incident in years and would cause a catastrophe if and when he did? SHIELD could track Banner and go after him whenever they needed to. Surely they would have stepped in if Ross moved on Banner, as they had before. It was a matter of letting sleeping Hulks lie, so to speak.

Another consideration would have been the fact that there were people within the World Security Council who not only sided with Ross but allowed him to access SHIELD's computer system. Not only were they undermining Fury by giving classified information to Ross, but they had tried to force Fury to use Blonsky on the team. Had Fury captured Banner prior to the crisis that caused the Avengers to be formed, he would have run the risk of Ross being able to convince the WSC to turn the scientist over to him. Once he managed to get the WSC to approve his plans for the Avenger Initiative, Fury had the leverage he needed to shut Ross out of the loop completely. He had also gotten that "Hulk cage" built into the Helicarrier, presumably with all the money he got for his increased budget. So, no worries about a breakout if they needed to lock Banner up.

Is it confirmed there's a sequence in the movie where the Avengers have to fight a mind-controlled Hulk?

Is it confirmed there's a sequence in the movie where the Avengers have to fight a mind-controlled Hulk?

I don't know about The Avengers vs Hulk but "Thor vs Hulk" has been confirmed and I'd rather see a one on one fight between those two personally.

For one thing, Fury would be wary of doing anything to anger Banner and trigger a transformation. Why risk that when the man was calm, hadn't had an incident in years and would cause a catastrophe if and when he did? SHIELD could track Banner and go after him whenever they needed to. Surely they would have stepped in if Ross moved on Banner, as they had before. It was a matter of letting sleeping Hulks lie, so to speak.

Another consideration would have been the fact that there were people within the World Security Council who not only sided with Ross but allowed him to access SHIELD's computer system. Not only were they undermining Fury by giving classified information to Ross, but they had tried to force Fury to use Blonsky on the team. Had Fury captured Banner prior to the crisis that caused the Avengers to be formed, he would have run the risk of Ross being able to convince the WSC to turn the scientist over to him. Once he managed to get the WSC to approve his plans for the Avenger Initiative, Fury had the leverage he needed to shut Ross out of the loop completely. He had also gotten that "Hulk cage" built into the Helicarrier, presumably with all the money he got for his increased budget. So, no worries about a breakout if they needed to lock Banner up.

Oh I see; thanks for explaining. Appreciate it.:yay:

Honestly, I think that the reason for the Hulk getting into a scuffle with Thor and the Avengers will be due more to the fact that it's just a misunderstanding going on between them along with him being seriously pissed off about other things where it clouds his better judgment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"