The Avengers The Official 'Hulk in Avengers' thread. - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
the hulk in this movie was just...fantastic.

the entire crowd in the theater were just anticipating everything he did. when he was ready to attack, you heard a gasp b/c you knew he was going to cause major damage. his loki beatdown drew the biggest reaction.

i can not wait to watch this movie again. i mean this was it - everything i wanted to see as a child, realized in film form. just a fantastic job.

The cg in TIH looks even more horrible now, than i remember it. In fact it's hard to watch because of it.

The scene where IM asks Cap if Banners has shown up yet. I'm assuming that either Banner contacted Stark sometime before the beginning of the final battle, or Stark figured Banner was smart enough/or they had both figured out (even though it wasn't shown) that the portal would be above Stark Towers and Banner would meet them there. It just felt a little too "wtf' Banner showing up to the Battle like that especially since no one knew what had happened to Banner after the helicarrier attack.

I'm glad someone else caught it too. I thought I was the only one.

Yeah your definitely not the only one. No wonder the people who saw the movie early said he had about four lines. So far its "stop" "smash" and "puny god".

Banner knew where the cube was, so that's where he headed. Right before Hawkeye's arrow blew up in the Helicarrier, Banner walked up to the screen determining the cube's location and said "oh my god." He had no time to tell anyone else, but Stark deduced it later and had faith Banner would show up.

With New York being under Alien attack, I think the whole world new where the action was, not too hard for Banner to figure out he needs to get to Manhattan ASAP!

The relationship between stark and banner was beyond perfect. I loved the confidence stark had in Bruce.

With New York being under Alien attack, I think the whole world new where the action was, not too hard for Banner to figure out he needs to get to Manhattan ASAP!

What could've been cool is Banner trying to get back into Manhattan via taxi cab. Maybe the cab driver would get stuck in traffic with Banner knowing he has to get back to the action, and Banner finally losing his cool and transforming into the Hulk. That would've been a nice homage to the TV series with the tension rapidly rising in anticipation of the transformation.

Of course, that would've meant that he wouldn't have voluntarily changed, but I still would've liked to have seen him transform as a result of frustration and anger but then have enough control to be able to function as part of the team.

I can't remember; was Banner wearing the same clothes the security guard gave him, or something else?

So Hulk just went ahead and stole this movie. Not just Hulk but Banner. This Banner picks up right where the last one left off at the end of The Incredible Hulk and I love it. He's more in control, he's a bit more confident, he's not nearly the frightened puppy he was in the last one. When Banner looked at the screen and smiled at the end of The Incredible Hulk, this was who he became and I find that awesome.

Not only was Banner a lot more interesting as a result but we got to see Hulk actually have a character. There were moments that actually reminded me of Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes like when he punched out Thor out of spite. This was Hulk in his natural element and he had a blast and as a result so did I. I mean he took out a Leviathan in one punch! One punch! THAT'S the power I wanted to see. Holy crap is this movie awesome.

I also loved that this movie managed to squeeze in a fight with Thor. This whole flick was a buffet for fanboys. In fact they found a way to have the team fight Hulk AND the alien invasion in one flick. This was The Avengers origin brought to life whether you're going with the original or The Ultimates and I absolutely adore this movie for that. I just want more Hulk. Ruffalo friggin' rocked it. :woot:

Did anyone else noticed the mini "ground slam" Hulk did when he was on the leviathan's back with Thor?

I'm convinced that the actor they chose was perfect for the role now. I wasn't sure before I saw the movie...but now out of the three, he's the one I consider the TRUE Banner.

I'm convinced that the actor they chose was perfect for the role now. I wasn't sure before I saw the movie...but now out of the three, he's the one I consider the TRUE Banner.

What I wonder is why Marvel didn't figure this out before TIH? They could've had Ruffalo in the role instead of Norton, and then we would've had two great performances out of him, and there would've been more continuity.

What I wonder is why Marvel didn't figure this out before TIH? They could've had Ruffalo in the role instead of Norton, and then we would've had two great performances out of him, and there would've been more continuity.

Hindsight's always 20/20. Maybe they figured Norton was a bigger name than Ruffalo, and they would've been right. I'll always appreciate TIH and Edward Norton's contributions, but as far as I'm concerned: Mark Ruffalo IS Bruce Banner :up:

I wanted Norton back for continuity. Good thing I don't always get what I want.

Speak for yourself.

Norton's was just fine .... at least Ruffalo didn't have to deal with a meddling Kevin Feige who decided to delete many of the character building scenes.

Speak for yourself.

Norton's was just fine .... at least Ruffalo didn't have to deal with a meddling Kevin Feige who decided to delete many of the character building scenes.

I agree Rock, all this Edward Norton bashing is becoming highly annoying.

Norton was ok, but Ruffalo just brings all these quirks and nuances to the character.

I agree Rock, all this Edward Norton bashing is becoming highly annoying.

They played two separate Banners .... one was a determined man, the other was a twitchy recluse. Not to mention you've got two very different people writing the screen plays for each.

Pace, action, and enjoyment-wise TIH is my #2 to the Avengers. I constantly go back and forth with it and Thor, but TIH kind of edges it out because I like the pacing a little better.

Assuming Banner becomes more in-control of The Hulk in the sequel, here's hoping they give The Hulk some more lines.

I have a question about Banner/Hulk. How exactly does he control it? I know we see him in the Incredible Hulk starting to control it but how? It was brought up several times doing the Avengers but I wasn't exactly sure how "I'm always angry" explains it.

They played two separate Banners .... one was a determined man, the other was a twitchy recluse. Not to mention you've got two very different people writing the screen plays for each.

Pace, action, and enjoyment-wise TIH is my #2 to the Avengers. I constantly go back and forth with it and Thor, but TIH kind of edges it out because I like the pacing a little better.

I wish more people understood that instead of just going "Norton sucks, Ruffao is teh best".

Think of it like this; the first "Hulk out" was bottled up rage. And when you bottle something up, it explodes. The second "hulk out" is a more focused anger. It's a metaphor, how you can use anger and pain in a positive way instead of an uncontrolled, destructive way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"