The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 8

i would love to have a rowing machine, but the way my bank account is set up...

i would love to have a rowing machine, but the way my bank account is set up...
I picked mine up for about $80 on Amazon. Since it had a piston, I got a warranty for $17. It was super easy to put together and doesn't take up a lot of space.

I picked mine up for about $80 on Amazon. Since it had a piston, I got a warranty for $17. It was super easy to put together and doesn't take up a lot of space.
Wow, didn’t realise they were available at that price. Congrats!

Wow, didn’t realise they were available at that price. Congrats!
So far, so good. I'm used to being on the treadmill and the elliptical is a little more work. I was wrong about the warranty. It was just $7 (US) so the whole thing (inc tax) was under $100. As a matter of fact, I'm getting ready to start my workout. Gave the dog a cut today.

So far, so good. I'm used to being on the treadmill and the elliptical is a little more work. I was wrong about the warranty. It was just $7 (US) so the whole thing (inc tax) was under $100. As a matter of fact, I'm getting ready to start my workout. Gave the dog a cut today.
Nice. I’ve got an elliptical in my lounge and spend a lot of time on it.

link?

Too near the truth:

self-destructive7056.jpg

i can't put into words how stressed i'd been about thanksgiving and my family, but it went off without a hitch. after everyone left, i was so relieved i went out and walked/jogged my first ever non-stop 5K. this is my 3rd one of the year however.

and now i'm torn between tearing into all these leftovers or trying to keep up the "healthier" bit

and now i'm torn between tearing into all these leftovers or trying to keep up the "healthier" bit
You might as well enjoy the last two days of November. :p

I wish I could run a 5k at the moment, but I've got plantar fasciitis (still); 8weeks now. I can't run for anything, but I did manage a whopping 17 (nearly 18) mile walk today. :cool:

Just got my two 70lb dumbbells (this the most i can deal with due to my back issues) they were a nightmare to get into the apt but they are here at least finally!

You might as well enjoy the last two days of November. :p

i decided to a bit of both. invited my father and brother to come have lunch leftovers today, sent some home with them and kept some for me lol

also, i'm going walking with a buddy later so i feel like i didn't do too bad

Doing pretty well on the elliptical. 30 minutes per day at a pretty brisk clip and doing the rowing machine at 3 different angles. 3 sets of 15 each. Feeling better. I sometimes skip weekends and definitely skipped Thanksgiving. I think I'll pick up jump rope soon.

Doing pretty well on the elliptical. 30 minutes per day at a pretty brisk clip and doing the rowing machine at 3 different angles. 3 sets of 15 each. Feeling better. I sometimes skip weekends and definitely skipped Thanksgiving. I think I'll pick up jump rope soon.
Nice. This routine will keep you in good health if you can maintain it long term. :up:

At the moment I’m doing much better on weights workouts, regular walking and martial arts practise, but rubbish on running. :D

how's the stability of that rower working out? still have it on my amazon list.

also, since thursday (thanksgiving), i have walked 3 5K's. actually all 3 were just slightly over the 3.1 miles but still! and another night i did another 2 miles by myself. trying to do better

Love jump rope. Used to do a ton of it when I boxed before I messed up my shoulder in law school. Make sure you buy a heavy boxing style or other form of weighted rope if you want to make the most out of it...

Love jump rope. Used to do a ton of it when I boxed before I messed up my shoulder in law school. Make sure you buy a heavy boxing style or other form of weighted rope if you want to make the most out of it...

I used to box also and basically grew up in the gym. My father boxed professionally, but I got out when I started boxing people who were as good as I was. Basically, I just didn't love it the way some do. My father quit too after his manager got on him for carousing and not taking it seriously. He liked women and beer more than boxing I guess. Come to think of it, so do I.

So, let me get this straight. You boxed, but hurt your shoulder in law school? Tough class?? :cwink:

how's the stability of that rower working out? still have it on my amazon list.

also, since thursday (thanksgiving), i have walked 3 5K's. actually all 3 were just slightly over the 3.1 miles but still! and another night i did another 2 miles by myself. trying to do better

So far, so good. I'm about 5'8' and weigh about 160. So far, no issues. It doesn't flop around or anything like that. If the piston (adjustable) has a problem, I bought insurance for about $8.

I used to box also and basically grew up in the gym. My father boxed professionally, but I got out when I started boxing people who were as good as I was. Basically, I just didn't love it the way some do. My father quit too after his manager got on him for carousing and not taking it seriously. He liked women and beer more than boxing I guess. Come to think of it, so do I.

So, let me get this straight. You boxed, but hurt your shoulder in law school? Tough class?? :cwink:

I was hit by a car crossing the street in front of my high school and my shoulder injury never healed 100%. I re-injured it doing weights in law school. I've been able to get it in good enough shape since to get back to working out probably due to inflammatory joint issues related to my Crohn's.

I really miss it. Weights and boxing-style stuff like the heavy bag, speed bag, jump rope, is the only sort of athletic activity I actually enjoy.

I was hit by a car crossing the street in front of my high school and my shoulder injury never healed 100%. I re-injured it doing weights in law school. I've been able to get it in good enough shape since to get back to working out probably due to inflammatory joint issues related to my Crohn's.

I really miss it. Weights and boxing-style stuff like the heavy bag, speed bag, jump rope, is the only sort of athletic activity I actually enjoy.

Ouch. Sorry to hear that. I've been really fortunate. Other than some stretched ligaments in my ankle from playing hoops, I've never had any joint related injuries or even a broken bone. I got my ribs bruised once in the ring and when I hear about Brees playing QB for the Saints with broken ribs, I shake my head in disbelief. Ribs are the worst. It only hurts when you breathe.

Never liked the heavy bag much. I'm fairly small boned and found it bothered my wrists if I really went off on it. Speed bag and rope were fun. I had this comedy routine I used to crack people up with. I'd imitate Muhammad Ali and say all kinds of weird stuff while I was jumping. I'd do my cross overs and double unders and come up with these sayings modifying Ali "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee, InCali's (dubbed) left hand and the right of Ali". Also, I was one of the very few who really loved roadwork. We'd go out in the morning and I'd be in front of everyone, run backwards, give everyone a bunch of s*** for being such a bunch of slugs and just generally rag on everyone. Good times. LOL

3rd run in 4 days! Feels great. I’d got into a good routine with weights, martial arts practise (including boxing) and cross trainer from home, and walking everywhere outside the house. The runs were the thing that had totally fallen off so it’s awesome to get that started up again.

Reactions: B
3rd run in 4 days! Feels great. I’d got into a good routine with weights, martial arts practise (including boxing) and cross trainer from home, and walking everywhere outside the house. The runs were the thing that had totally fallen off so it’s awesome to get that started up again.

I need to get started & into a routine again, since about March & with at least my gym operating ever changing policies + closures I've fell off the routine I had going completely.

It's annoying as well because if you fall off your routine, getting started & back into it again is the worst feeling.

I need to get started & into a routine again, since about March & with at least my gym operating ever changing policies + closures I've fell off the routine I had going completely.

It's annoying as well because if you fall off your routine, getting started & back into it again is the worst feeling.
Is there much you can do at home? Any small step helps with getting back into the routine. I also don't like being too reliant on external factors like weather and gyms during the virus. (ready made excuses otherwise lol)

My first weights session or my first run after a break are always horrific haha, but now I'm settling quicker after breaks than I used to.

i've been walking at least once a week by myself and at least another 1-2 times a week with a friend since thanksgiving. i'm trying to make this a habit, especially while the weather is cooperating.

i managed to get a little over a mile in last night before it got too dark. i've done at least 4 5K this year. i'd never done any before this year. so i'm getting better

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"