The Official Hype Fitness Thread 6.0 - Part 8

Babillygunn said:
I played 18 holes of golf yesterday. Then mowed my lawn. Not much sleep the past few weeks. Now I’ve caught a cold. Got tested. No COVID. Thank goodness.

Nice. I've never done that. Must involve a fair bit of walking over the whole thing. Good that it's not COVID and good luck on sleep, I'm having some issues too on that front. Actually got a sleep study booked with a hospital to look into it.

10k run today and the times are slowly improving. Last lap was extremely slow though so that made the overall time worse than it should have been. Guess I haven't quite got the legs for the distance yet at my higher bodyweight.

9.2 mile walk to work (scenic route and a bit added on at the end) and 4.4 mile walk back at a good pace. No run today but hopefully tomorrow after recovering from the runs from the days before. Still building up on that front. It does feel like all the extra walking is helping recover from the runs.

sorry the childish little teenager in CC tee hee'd at this

8.2 mile walk yesterday.
6.5 mile run and 10.1 mile walk the day before.
4.1 mile run and 8.1 mile walk the day before that.
Rest day on the day before that.

On hols at the moment and have been doing runs in the Edinburgh hills which have been destroying me! :D

8.1 mile walk on my last day in Edinburgh with 600 feet elevation and then 8.6 miles across London to home (scenic route) after getting the train back.

6.5 mile slow run today, quite pleasant actually lol.

You guys still doing work? :cwink:

I did about 200km running and 255km walking in May. Not bad given quite a few days without running/rest. Going to target 300km next month.

You guys still doing work? :cwink:

I did about 200km running and 255km walking in May. Not bad given quite a few days without running/rest. Going to target 300km next month.
That’s very impressive! Great goal for June.

With summer here, I’ve been pretty active. I love this time of year because it gets dark later and my kids are out of school. So it has been basketball with my 16 year old every night right after work the last two weeks and then after dinner my 14 year old and I play some tag (sounds silly but it’s a blast) for about 30-45 minutes and then a 2 or 3 mile run after that.

That’s very impressive! Great goal for June.

With summer here, I’ve been pretty active. I love this time of year because it gets dark later and my kids are out of school. So it has been basketball with my 16 year old every night right after work the last two weeks and then after dinner my 14 year old and I play some tag (sounds silly but it’s a blast) for about 30-45 minutes and then a 2 or 3 mile run after that.
That sounds really fun and really knackering! :D

Great that you can get your fitness in while spending time with your kids. My parents come up here to see me quite regularly now and we go for long walks.

94km walked and 96km ran after just over a 1/3 of June. I think I will get over 300km for both by the end as I am gradually scaling up the miles in running. Still slow as **** though. :D

Slow 10 mile run just now. Was planning to do a half at 13.1 but meeting my dad and don’t want to be late. Should help getting closer to the monthly target rate. :cwink: Will be going for a long walk now.

Also tried my first park run of the year yesterday but was late and had to abort as I’m not used to running that fast yet lol. Also went out later in the day to make up some miles but then my Apple Watch ran out of battery after a couple of miles. Got a ton of walking done though and 16 miles walking the day before.

Played ultimate frisbee yesterday. Then basketball today.

I love summers with my teenage sons out of school.

Got up this morning and ran 3 miles. It was 93 degrees at 6:30 am. This evening I took my sons to the driving range and hit balls for an hour and a half. Then at dusk (91 degrees) I ran another mile and then played “extreme tag” with my 14 year old for 20 minutes.

Yesterday was another day where we topped 100 degrees. But I still got in a two mile run and some speed work with my 14 year old. We had to wait till nearly dusk for the temp to drop to low 90s.

It was crazy hot.

After two and half years of virtual workout sessions, I finally went back to the gym. Felt surreal, awesome, sweaty and pretty tired at the end! Also using the equipment like chest press, lateral pull down, leg extensions, and stationary bike were nice!

Worth it, though. Was nervous interacting with a lot of people, but there wasn’t that many actually.

The heat has ruined my June running target! Also got guests staying for a week but done a fair bit of walking at least (nearly 18 miles yesterday!).

Yesterday was another day where we topped 100 degrees. But I still got in a two mile run and some speed work with my 14 year old. We had to wait till nearly dusk for the temp to drop to low 90s.

It was crazy hot.
Oh so the heat is playing havoc with your training too. Sounds like you have it even worse if it’s that hot at 6.30am. Last year I found just doing maintenance running over summer led to PBs at all distances in autumn.

I literally can't stand the heat. I usually postpone my running to evening or even night, but can't go outside when it's too hot. I'm trying to practice intermittent fasting after having read the https://betterme.world/аrticles/stevia-and-intermittent-fasting/ article, so I moreover don't have any eager to torture my body with both starving and heat at a time.

Last edited:
June was massively affected by heat in the middle of the month for me and I also had guests staying for a week. Still managed 206km of running in the month and 278km of walking. Will try the 300km running target again next month depending on heat (it might have to wait till after summer) as I was on course after about 11/12 days.

I literally can't stand the heat. I usually postpone my running to evening or even night, but can't go outside when it's too hot. I'm trying to practice intermittent fasting after having read the https://betterme.world/аrticles/stevia-and-intermittent-fasting/ article, so I moreover don't have any eager to torture my body with both starving and heat at a time.
Are mornings any good? Yeah either one of those makes training considerably harder so it's better to have only one active at a time! How often/how far do you usually run?

So far, my week has consisted of two days of doing laps in my swimming pool and two days of workout sessions at the gym.

Didn’t finish up all my sessions as the trainer and I were talking for so long about hobbies and various other things, lol!

Did get to use the lateral pull down, chest press, and do some stretches for my hamstrings, quads, legs, and also used the parallel bars to walk.

I was pretty consistent about going to my boxing gym but since I got COVID, I fell off the wagon. I’m 100% good now (health wise). I’m just lazy AF.

My June running was way off target due to mid-month heat and having guests for a week. Still better than May and at least made it past the 200km mark (missed it by 100 metres last month). :D

127.9 miles (205.8km) ran, 172.5 miles (277.6km) walked - 796,200 steps (including non-recorded walks)

Daily avg: 4.3 miles (6.9km) ran, 5.8 miles (9.3km) walked - 26,540 steps

I’ll target 300km for running in July again but I guess the heat could again play a big part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"