The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
We ended up getting one anyway.:woot:

You might think so, but ask yourself how you would've felt if you had high hopes for SM4, and got a movie that ended up being worse than 3.

I had faith that Raimi could have delivered a return to excellence, but that is not the case. And two poorly received films in a row by the same team would have put Cinematic Spidey in a worse place than going forward with the Reboot.

I've loved it since the first viewing.Nothing "all of a sudden" about it for me bub.:wolverine

I commed you for this sir! I love that movie too. Though my opinion has changed a lot in the 7 years since it came out, and it definitely isn't my favorite, I do still enjoy the movie. When it came out in theatres I felt like I was personally in a very similar situation to Peter's, and the film's message of forgiveness and Peter's challenge balancing his life almost made it seem like the movie was projecting just for me. Wierd how we can attach our own experiences to those of a character that is not real.

Spider-Man 3 fans unite!

Last edited:
So and now why ASM is better than SM3?

Gwen Stacy is an actual character.

Captain Stacy is an actual character.

You might dislike The Lizard's portrayal but he was a better villain than Sandman and Venom (in the context of the films, and in the comic as well)

Uncle Bens death might have been altered but we won't find out 2 movies later it was really the Burglar's partner who pulled the trigger, before he goes on to become the Shocker or Hypno Hustler or something.

The story in ASM is harder to compare to SM3 than say SM1 since its an origin, but the plot in SM3 (retrospectively) left a lot to be desired, but I prefer it over 3.

The action scenes might not surpass those in SM3, but easily give them a run for their money.

Really the biggest thing against SM3 is the potential it failed to live up to thanks to having the other 2 films before it. TASM could go nowhere but up.

Last edited:
Sure, no problem:
Worst custome ever
Boring from the start to the end
Worst adaption from the comics - it's not ASM, it's not USM
Uncle Ben's death is stupid and has no impact
To many plot holes
Relationship between Peter and Gwen is to artificial
Connors is not Connors and the look of the Lizard is so ridiculous
Lizard-Mouse (lol)

And so on.

And no i dont care what other people say. After The Dark Knight i gave up searching for logic when it comes to movie perception.
You don't like TDK either?

SM3 has been the internet wipping boy untill IM2 came along and now that's changing to either TDKR or IM3.

SM3 has been the internet wipping boy untill IM2 came along and now that's changing to either TDKR or IM3.

Unfortunately,that still hasn't stopped the SM3 haters from worshipping at the altar of their hate.Frequently.:woot:

Unfortunately,that still hasn't stopped the SM3 haters from worshipping at the altar of their hate.Frequently.:woot:

Somethings are too harsh on it, like being on the top 50 worst films of all time. Rami Trilogy thread has increased since this turned into SM3 bashing.

Too many CBMs have come out since Spider-Man 3 that really drive home the mistakes in that film, sad to say.

After all this time it's just...well, a picture is worth a thousand words:

:bdh:

Everything that has been said about the Riami movies qualify as that. It's all been said a million times before. Healthy criticisms are much more fun.

Gwen Stacy is an actual character.
Captain Stacy is an actual character.

No they are not. They are plot devices like in SM3.
And especially Gwen is so unreal - head Assistance of Connors with access to everything in Oscorp and in love with Peter from the start...

You might dislike The Lizard's portrayal but he was a better villain than Sandman and Venom (in the context of the films, and in the comic as well)
"Better villian"? Why? He created a computer animation to show the world how he wants to take over New York and builds his secret labor in the near of Peter's high school so that Peter could find it just in time to save the day.
His serum made lazy lizards which have done nothing to the people in New York.
BTW: He killed Stacy like Venom killed Harry in SM3. :doh:

/edit: And the connection to Peter is hilarious, too. Friend and Co-worker of his dad, working for Osborn, boss of Gwen, killer of the father of Peter's girlfriend...

Uncle Bens death might have been altered but we won't find out 2 movies later it was really the Burglar's partner who pulled the trigger, before he goes on to become the Shocker or Hypno Hustler or something.
Right. In ASM we find out that Ben is responsible for his own dead. How stupid you are trying to outwrestle a younger, bigger and stronger guy over a weapon? Good candidate for a Darwin Award.

Nothing in ASM is deep or make the characters interested. Peter got everything he wants, he does not need to fight for anything. There is nothing in this movie which gives me a reason to care about them.
Even after the dead of captain Stacy the girl came back for him...

And so yes ASM is in best case as good as SM3. For me it's much more worse.

Last edited:
Nothing in ASM is deep or make the characters interested. Peter got everything he wants, he does not need to fight for anything. There is nothing in this movie which gives me a reason to care about them.
Even after the dead of captain Stacy the girl came back for him...

And so yes ASM is in best case as good as SM3. For me it's much more worse.

Plus a big trait with Parker is going from powerless to powerful, but even with all that power he still gets defeated by the little things in life. ASM Parker, he's fairly well off from the start.

How is he well off from the start? He has no friends, he gets bullied by Flash etc. Peter in Raimi's movies at least had Harry as a best buddy.

He has more friends than Gwen Stacy. :lol:
At least the girl in the sports hall.

/edit: And Peter is in the debate club, too. A lot of people are in contact with him for an outcast... And don't forget Flash. 180° turn and he morphed into his biggest friend.

I wouldn't say he gets bullied, Flash punches him and then Peter embarrasses him at basketball, and then they apparently become buddy-buddy at the end. Sure he's not shown with any friends, but he does woo Gwen Stacy in like 10 minutes.

So yeah, ASM showcases none that ol' Parker luck.

I don't think she was a friend just because she was polite to him.

Huh? She had no problem to work together with Peter and i guess had no problems that Peter stand up for her. And - from a guy perspective - Peter is not such a shabby looking guy...

So yes, i think she is a friend of him.

And Peter is in the debate club, too. A lot of people are in contact with him for an outcast...

And Raimi Peter was in the chess club, I'm sure those kids were all his best buds too, right? He must not have been an outsider.

And as for this:

Right. In ASM we find out that Ben is responsible for his own dead. How stupid you are trying to outwrestle a younger, bigger and stronger guy over a weapon? Good candidate for a Darwin Award.

It goes to show Ben Parker is a man who believes in Power and Responsibility. Peter walked away when he could have helped stop the thief. Ben saw someone committing a crime, about to run past him, and stepped up to do something about it, because in that moment, he had the power to do so. You say it's dumb, I would say it was brave.

Last edited:
Huh? She had no problem to work together with Peter and i guess had no problems that Peter stand up for her. And - from a guy perspective - Peter is not such a shabby looking guy...

He's not shabby at all, he's a geek chic bad boy.

I wouldn't say he gets bullied, Flash punches him

That's bullying.

and then Peter embarrasses him at basketball

When he has his powers and can defend himself.

and then they apparently become buddy-buddy at the end.

They're not buddy-buddy, they're just not enemies any more. This movie doesn't resort to the ridiculous of endless bullying for Peter, like say SM-3 does where we're asked to believe that even college students do it to him.

Sure he's not shown with any friends, but he does woo Gwen Stacy in like 10 minutes.

What's that got to do with having no friends?

Huh? She had no problem to work together with Peter and i guess had no problems that Peter stand up for her.

How does that equate to them being friends just because Peter stood up for her? He stood up for the poor guy Flash was bullying earlier in the movie, too.

Were you personal friends with everyone you were polite to or worked with in school? You never see Peter and this girl interact beyond this scene.

You're making something out of nothing.

And - from a guy perspective - Peter is not such a shabby looking guy...

So?

So yes, i think she is a friend of him.

Your logic leaves a lot to be desired.

Fantastic, trying to turn it into a TASM smash it up. I like both franchises ahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"