Iron Man The Official Iron Man Comic Nods/ Easter Eggs Thread

I'm new to this site. I was just wondering if anyone saw a man in a black trenchcoat during the beginning of the movie when they were in the Hummers? It looked like he was walking 2 dogs or animals of some sort. Did anyone else see this? It's in the bottom right of the screen. He is in the Afghanistan desert. I just saw the movie a second time today and I made sure to point it out to my mom and told her to remember that man. I thought maybe it could have something to do with Samuel Jackson after the credits, but I don't know. I don't really pay attention to little details in movies, but after seeing it a second time it just bothers me. Please, if anyone else has seen this, let me know!

Im not sure about this but i think there was a scene at the beginning of the movie, when Yinsen is buying time so Stark can turn his suit on to escape from the prison cave, for a moment he makes the terrorist run just like Han Solo does with the Stormtroopers in Starwars (episode IV).

Im not sure about this but i think there was a scene at the beginning of the movie, when Yinsen is buying time so Stark can turn his suit on to escape from the prison cave, for a moment he makes the terrorist run just like Han Solo does with the Stormtroopers in Starwars (episode IV).

Hahaha, yeah I noticed that too. Nice little nod to Star Wars/Indy.

I'm new to this site. I was just wondering if anyone saw a man in a black trenchcoat during the beginning of the movie when they were in the Hummers? It looked like he was walking 2 dogs or animals of some sort. Did anyone else see this? It's in the bottom right of the screen. He is in the Afghanistan desert. I just saw the movie a second time today and I made sure to point it out to my mom and told her to remember that man. I thought maybe it could have something to do with Samuel Jackson after the credits, but I don't know. I don't really pay attention to little details in movies, but after seeing it a second time it just bothers me. Please, if anyone else has seen this, let me know!

Yeah, i saw it. I figured it was just a nomad, or farmer or something....:huh:

the movie was awesome had great logical easter eggs and everything fit perfectly

Does anyone have pics of the S.H.E.I.L.D. agents when they showed up at the Fireman's ball/event?
My friend was convinced he saw a leggy woman with dark hair in the group, leaning towards believing it was Jessica Drew, the first Spiderwoman and a memeber of S.H.E.I.L.D. but I only remember seeing men.
Maybe he's a liar, but if not, it would be an awesome easter egg!

Speaking of, there is a SHIELD logo in the parking garage when Pepper and the 5 agents are going to arrest Stane. It's to the left of the screen, adornded on the wall.

In case there is any doubt left, ABSOLUTELY that is Cap's shield as confirmed by an ILM employee on another board. He mentions that there are many easter eggs but that is the biggest.

yeah, the Han Solo chasing down Stormtroopers and running into a big group of them, was very reminiscent.

also, the scene where Iron Man goes way sky high and freezes and falls is exactly like what happened in The Hulk.

In case there is any doubt left, ABSOLUTELY that is Cap's shield as confirmed by an ILM employee on another board. He mentions that there are many easter eggs but that is the biggest.
What else does he mention?

I like the idea of Captain America's storyline running parallel with Iron Man's but without too much heavy-handed storytelling.

It could very well be that in this timeline, Cap has already been discovered and is being reintegrated into society by the military and they've contracted out a defense project to Tony Stark to build the shield. He doesn't necessarily need to know what it's for or even that Captain America exists. Just a prototype for the super-soldier program.

Speaking of, there is a SHIELD logo in the parking garage when Pepper and the 5 agents are going to arrest Stane. It's to the left of the screen, adornded on the wall.

Yeah, I mentioned this one in the "Lets talk about SHIELD" thread like a week or so ago.

THe whole shield thing makes sense.

Tony, kept on saying how his dad worked on the atomic bomb in world war II. So what's to say he didn't work on the super soldier serum? And after caps death, he was given the shield and handed it down to Tony as a gift.

THe whole shield thing makes sense.

Tony, kept on saying how his dad worked on the atomic bomb in world war II. So what's to say he didn't work on the super soldier serum? And after caps death, he was given the shield and handed it down to Tony as a gift.
Really good point there, about the WWII research :up:

Saw the movie again last sunday, and payed extra attention to the shield on the table: definitively Cap's

Yeah, the country's top weapons designer would be the logical choice to have build a recently unfrozen Captain America's new sheild.
I can't wait for the Cap movie when Nick Fury hands it to him and says "Here's a little present for you, care of Stark industries."

Definitely looked like some prototype to me, didn't it look seethrough to anyone else?
But why go to Tony to build a shield, isn't he a bit more tech reliant, why would he want to bother making an old fashioned type of shield, I figure he'd hardly see the point in that.

Definitely looked like some prototype to me, didn't it look seethrough to anyone else?
But why go to Tony to build a shield, isn't he a bit more tech reliant, why would he want to bother making an old fashioned type of shield, I figure he'd hardly see the point in that.

I'd say he was just a collector of these kinds of things, although he did say he wasn't nostalgic so... :huh:

I hadn't noticed Cap's shield!!!

guess I'll have to watch for it on the DVD!! :)

oh, and in regards to Tony designing the shield.....well I just thought of this....

In the Marvel Ultimate Alliance game.......Cap can "remote control" his shield to fly around the room and hit enemies.

maybe Tony could install some type of technology into the shield that would allow Cap to control the shield via his gloves.......

Welcome to the forums. :yay:

I saw him too, I think it was just a farmer or goat herder passing by.

Fellow anthropologist here, mostly Iran, but many countries in that region have had a long history of nomads, so that was just a cool little detail, nothing more.

As for the Cap's shield being guided by his gloves, I really hope not, that would look very lame imo, I rather he masterfully make it ricochet to hit his targets, and then leap in the air, catch it, and crash down on some other badguys head.

I just got back from seeing it. It is most defiantely Cap's shield.

I'd say he was just a collector of these kinds of things, although he did say he wasn't nostalgic so... :huh:

He did say that, yet I can imagine an exception being made for something so iconic as Cap's shield!!!

But why would it sloppily be kept on his work table, and look like an unfinished product.... SHH needs to interview Favreau again and have him run us threw these easter eggs!!!!

there was a nod to the female rap group Salt-N-Pepa and their hit song "Push It".
in the movie, Gweynth Paltrow plays a character named Pepper. and Tony Stark yells to her to "Push it!". referring to the button that blows up the reactor at the end.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"