Justice League The Official Justice League Director Thread

I would love something akin to Cuaron's several long takes in Children of Men, but hopefully not the look or texture. I don't want another gritty-looking WB/DC film just because Nolan did it well. If we do get someone like Cuaron on board, let him do his own thing.

I would love Cuaron to do a similar stylistic change like he did with the Potter film. Not make the JL film darker, just different.

Del Toro in his recent interview about jl said that wb had discovered the darker tone was working with superman and batman, more urban and sophisticated. Whats great about cuaron is we have seen him do both- gritty action in children of men and more whimsical fantasy stuff in potter without making it silly. If he did jl then could certainly mix both.

^i agree cauron would be ideal he doesn't really have anything after he wraps post on Gravity

Gravity has been finished for a while now. It got a PG-13 rating a few months ago. All Cuaron and the cast members have to do now is press and general promotion in early fall.

SOOOOOooo everyone jumping on the Cuaron bandwagon now huhh?

lol just kidding. The idea of having co-directors is pretty epic too

I'm not sold on this co-directors idea because this movie really needs focus and have someone pull it all together.

Last edited:
The co-director idea is not bad. But it wont happen.

Cuaron would be fantastic but i guarantee WB chooses someone else. Im expecting the director to be decent but nothing great.

Cuaron would be fantastic but i guarantee WB chooses someone else. Im expecting the director to be decent but nothing great.

I'm thinking it could be David Yates he was rumored and expressed interest in the summer.He doesn't have much panned out in the future other then Tarzan but I think that was recently scrapped.Or maybe the Wachowskis.

With David Yates onboard, 1-2 of the actors from his Potter films will be cast in supporting roles. Count on it.

What's going on in here? :awesome:

Is today Opposite Day?

But hey, I said supporting roles. Like Oldman, Caine, Freeman etc in Nolan's Batman.
To clarify, no Potter actors for the actual superhero team.
Or are you just trying too hard to be funny?

A Justice League movie with Cavill as Superman,Armie Hammer as Batman,Ryan Gosling as Flash...directed by David Yates.That could be pretty solid,I'd rather have someone like Fincher or Deltoro but if Yates is the director I could seeing that work out just as well.

just like avengers then:oldrazz:

A Justice League movie with Cavill as Superman,Armie Hammer as Batman,Ryan Gosling as Flash...directed by David Yates.That could be pretty solid,I'd rather have someone like Fincher or Deltoro but if Yates is the director I could seeing that work out just as well.

If anything, Gosling will be the new Batman and not any other JL character.

If anything, Gosling will be the new Batman and not any other JL character.

There's nothing about him that says Batman.He's too high pitched plus he's actually taken a interest in Flash.Hammer would be the quintessential Batman.Dudes the real deal and would nail the role Imo easily,and under the right director would do wonders.Hammer actually embodies what I imagine how Bruce Wayne would look and sound in real life,that's Batman hands down.

I dont see how he's too high pitched. Why cuz he purposely made his voice go higher for Gangster Squad? Seriously now...if he can do that then he can lower his voice for Batman.

I dont see how he's too high pitched. Why cuz he purposely made his voice go higher for Gangster Squad? Seriously now...if he can do that then he can lower his voice for Batman.

I'm sure he could no doubt lower his voice with a vocal coach,Oldman did it he worked with a coach for three months to get that rich baritone voice for Dracula.Point is he just doesn't look the part at all,his voice is naturally high he could tone it down but why get him when you have a natural baritone that actually looks like he could be Bruce Wayne from the comics in Hammer.I just think Goslings better suited for Flash or Aquaman.Just cause he's a massive star who came from the indie scene doesn't phase me,brilliant actor just not for the part of Batman.Just my opinion.

There's nothing about him that says Batman.He's too high pitched plus he's actually taken a interest in Flash.Hammer would be the quintessential Batman.Dudes the real deal and would nail the role Imo easily,and under the right director would do wonders.Hammer actually embodies what I imagine how Bruce Wayne would look and sound in real life,that's Batman hands down.

Oookay. If you say so.

I'll take the better overall actor in Gosling ahead of the average Hammer any day of the week as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Hammer just doesn't have the depth and complexity that any actor who plays Bruce Wayne/Batman will need.

Oookay. If you say so.

I'll take the better overall actor in Gosling ahead of the average Hammer any day of the week as Bruce Wayne/Batman.

Hammer just doesn't have the depth and complexity that any actor who plays Bruce Wayne/Batman will need.

You don't know that.Gosling's been in a ton of films that demonstrate his range,while Hammer is just becoming a star now.He was great in Network and even better in J.Edgar.The dude definitely has range he just needs more projects to demonstrate it.Gosling looks like Flash I wouldn't be able to buy him as Batman,he just simply doesn't look the part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"