The Official Mass Effect Thread - Part 2

I could never do a Renegade run through cause it always has negative effects that lose you out on resources in ME3

extended cut or not Mass Effect 3 and its ending suck

Yeah the entire series is amazing till about the last half hour. Wish they'd invest in truly fixing cause 3 decisions to end your journey is just too narrow.

Mass effect 3 is my favourite one of the series :)

I think each of the games have something that makes them stand out from the other 2. My biggest problem with the third one (besides the ending) is probably that I more than once scratched my head at some of the dialogue that came from my Shepard. Pretty much "My Shepard wouldn't do/say things like that, wth".

I think each of the games have something that makes them stand out from the other 2. My biggest problem with the third one (besides the ending) is probably that I more than once scratched my head at some of the dialogue that came from my Shepard. Pretty much "My Shepard wouldn't do/say things like that, wth".

Yeah there is significantly less dialogue selection options in ME3.

I could never do a Renegade run through cause it always has negative effects that lose you out on resources in ME3
sometimes going with renegade decisions gives you the best chance on resources in Me3. for example in Me2 if you choose to destroy the heretics, you have a higher chance of brokering peace between the sentient geth and quarians on Rannoch

Less shots of Miranda's legendary buttocks? Now that, I am not ok with.

I honestly can't tell if you guys are being sarcastic.
That's the video game community in a nutshell.

I am playing through Andromeda, and I am probably 2/3 through it and I have to say, I like it better then 2. I like 2, but only because of the characters. Where as with the first and third, I really enjoyed the story and characters. Andromeda, I like the characters well enough, but I love the gameplay. Easily the best for me. My only issue is your teammates are so dumb and you can't do much about it. :funny:

I am planning to buy Andromeda before the remasters. I just haven't seen it in my nearest retail store. I saw it in another store last year but I just looked at it at that time. I would try harder looking for it before May.

3 times I tried to finish Andromeda, all 3 times I failed. I just can't stand it for long. It burns me out how pathetically awful it is. I try to like it and I just can't make it stick.

That's the video game community in a nutshell.

I am playing through Andromeda, and I am probably 2/3 through it and I have to say, I like it better then 2. I like 2, but only because of the characters. Where as with the first and third, I really enjoyed the story and characters. Andromeda, I like the characters well enough, but I love the gameplay. Easily the best for me. My only issue is your teammates are so dumb and you can't do much about it. :funny:

:wow::huh:

I do agree that I think 2 can be a little overhyped. I felt the story in 2 lost a step a bit from 1, but the gameplay was probably the most polished (with the exception of the planet scanning) and the characters were truly excellent. 3 was really excellent except for the horrendous curveball ending, which ruins the rest of the games for me. I find it Game of Thrones final season bad and it is largely SW: TOR's fault. Stupid EA's MMO mandate causing Karpyshyn being pulled off the Mass Effect trilogy before he could finish his story. :argh:

The whole organics vs synthetics plot and conflict in the final chapter was extremely disappointing and if they won't do anything to fix that, I really can't get invested enough to get the Legendary Edition. It's really unfortunate because Karpyshyn's original concept of the Reapers' culls being driven by dark energy pollution from space faring races and the original idea for the final paragon-reaper choice were brilliant, paid off past foreshadowing, and were just much more satisfying. So sad because basically up until that curveball in the final portion of 3, the Mass Effect trilogy was basically the perfect Captain Sheridan simulator/Babylon 5 RPG for me (I can't wait until you see how much about basically everything in Mass Effect is a giant B5 rip-off, sorry, homage. :hehe:)

Andromeda's gameplay, like that from Dragon Age Inquisition, does not have a lot of appeal for me. There is way too much grinding and Ubisoft-style non-story driven open world filler for my taste.

I think my favourite will always be ME1. I just really love the aesthetics of it and the world building. Call me crazy, but control issues aside, I really loved the Mako and exploration. I also loved how most world were pretty desolate, which is much more scientifically accurate than what we see in the later games. Even though they were just text boxes, the little explanations behind the artefacts you find around the galaxy are just so interesting and well-written.

:wow::huh:

I do agree that I think 2 can be a little overhyped. I felt the story in 2 lost a step a bit from 1, but the gameplay was probably the most polished (with the exception of the planet scanning) and the characters were truly excellent. 3 was really excellent except for the horrendous curveball ending, which ruins the rest of the games for me. I find it Game of Thrones final season bad and it is largely SW: TOR's fault. Stupid EA's MMO mandate causing Karpyshyn being pulled off the Mass Effect trilogy before he could finish his story. :argh:

The whole organics vs synthetics plot and conflict in the final chapter was extremely disappointing and if they won't do anything to fix that, I really can't get invested enough to get the Legendary Edition. It's really unfortunate because Karpyshyn's original concept of the Reapers' culls being driven by dark energy pollution from space faring races and the original idea for the final paragon-reaper choice were brilliant, paid off past foreshadowing, and were just much more satisfying. So sad because basically up until that curveball in the final portion of 3, the Mass Effect trilogy was basically the perfect Captain Sheridan simulator/Babylon 5 RPG for me (I can't wait until you see how much about basically everything in Mass Effect is a giant B5 rip-off, sorry, homage. :hehe:)

Andromeda's gameplay, like that from Dragon Age Inquisition, does not have a lot of appeal for me. There is way too much grinding and Ubisoft-style non-story driven open world filler for my taste.

I think my favourite will always be ME1. I just really love the aesthetics of it and the world building. Call me crazy, but control issues aside, I really loved the Mako and exploration. I also loved how most world were pretty desolate, which is much more scientifically accurate than what we see in the later games. Even though they were just text boxes, the little explanations behind the artefacts you find around the galaxy are just so interesting and well-written.
When I am talking gameplay, I am specifically talking about the combat and I don't like Mass Effect 2's combat at all. It's a chest high wall shooter, and nothing else. Even using biotics leads to duck behind a barrier, until your power recharges and do your thing. Now that is a part of 3 and Andromeda, no doubt. But at least with 3 how you spec your character can add some more variety. Andromeda, I love zooming around. The movement in that game is just terrific and something the rest just don't have. Even on Insanity, I can get out of cover every once in while and move about. I can dynamically move about the battle field (the game also ask it of you) and properly use my melee. It also means that when an enemy approaches I can make a tactical retreat. The ability to combine different trees is also so much better then the more narrow classifications in the other games for me. I also enjoy using Remnant VI as a nice distraction.

I fought two of the Architects last night, and it was easily my favorite time "playing" a Mass Effect game. Because of my enjoyment of the combat, I don't mind driving around, because while I hate all the map clutter, I really enjoy fighting.

Last edited:
I'm in the minority for believing this but I think Me2's gameplay was better than Me3's. I also think there was far more wrong with Me3 than just its ending. I only got to play Me1 once or twice but I played Me2 a ton of times but I agree that while it's great to have Me2 be so character driven, the entire campaign shouldn't have just relied on it. There were like 5 story missions top in that game and all of the rest were either recruiting missions or loyalty missions.

I'm in the minority for believing this but I think Me2's gameplay was better than Me3's. I also think there was far more wrong with Me3 than just its ending. I only got to play Me1 once or twice but I played Me2 a ton of times but I agree that while it's great to have Me2 be so character driven, the entire campaign shouldn't have just relied on it. There were like 5 story missions top in that game and all of the rest were either recruiting missions or loyalty missions.
2 is like a pit stop. A fun pitstop because of the characters, but a pit stop nonetheless. Can I ask what you prefer about the gameplay in 2 in comparison to 3?

I am of the opinion that all the Mass Effect games have major issues. None are "great" imo, even as I do rather love them. In my opinion, none of them can compare to the quality of something like the Witcher series, Soulsborne, Personas, etc. Because I think the gameplay outside of Andromeda is all kind of poor, I just go with the game that I find to have the best story/characters, and for me that is definitely the first game. It is the kind of story I look for with an RPG.

2 is like a pit stop. A fun pitstop because of the characters, but a pit stop nonetheless. Can I ask what you prefer about the gameplay in 2 in comparison to 3?

I am of the opinion that all the Mass Effect games have major issues. None are "great" imo, even as I do rather love them. In my opinion, none of them can compare to the quality of something like the Witcher series, Soulsborne, Personas, etc. Because I think the gameplay outside of Andromeda is all kind of poor, I just go with the game that I find to have the best story/characters, and for me that is definitely the first game. It is the kind of story I look for with an RPG.
One could argue that pitstop is another way of saying filler.

Me2 combat really just comes down to personal preference, but I felt like the animations, the new sound effects, and the fluidity was less original and more generic to a scifi shooter in Me3 in comparison. The only effect I think I liked more in Me3 was the cryo ammo smashing your enemies into pieces of ice. Mass Effect was always a 3rd person shooter in addition to an action rpg but it really felt like Me3 was going for shooter only with the rpg of more a side thing.

I didn't play Me1 enough times to really get the feel of the good and bad, I just remember that all of the weapons were heat based instead of ammo based.

is it sad that this remastered trilogy is my most hyped game(s) for this year? and I have a Ps5

is it sad that this remastered trilogy is my most hyped game(s) for this year? and I have a Ps5
Depends if you're a big Mass Effect fan then no. I'm still waiting for a ps5 so the 2021 line up doesn't bother me as I still have 15 games for the ps4 to buy, which includes this collection (they count as 1).

2021 is a quiet year for videogames so far. The only "big" release so far that is already released is Hitman 3. While I don't know if there's a big game coming out in April/March. May though seems pretty stacked while June has Ratchet/Clank. My most anticipated game of 2021 is Horizon, but who knows if it won't be delayed to 2022.

Depends if you're a big Mass Effect fan then no. I'm still waiting for a ps5 so the 2021 line up doesn't bother me as I still have 15 games for the ps4 to buy, which includes this collection (they count as 1).

2021 is a quiet year for videogames so far. The only "big" release so far that is already released is Hitman 3. While I don't know if there's a big game coming out in April/March. May though seems pretty stacked while June has Ratchet/Clank. My most anticipated game of 2021 is Horizon, but who knows if it won't be delayed to 2022.
yes. Mass Effect 2 is my all time favorite game

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"