The Official Metal Gear Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't Chico in the original trailer? At least PART of it is a prequel...? Maybe some of it takes place before the Hospital (the trailer) then Snake somehow goes to sleep for Nine years (maybe during this event he loses his arm?) then wakes up 9 years later.

It could still be Big Boss...They could have given him a new arm by the end of MGS4 since he had new......Everything.

I'm going to guess that Hayter just wasn't available for the minor voice work...Or maybe they figured for such few lines...He wasn't needed.

Well wasnt Hayter dropping hints recently that he might not be coming back? Asking people how they felt if Snake were to be voiced by another actor?

Well wasnt Hayter dropping hints recently that he might not be coming back? Asking people how they felt if Snake were to be voiced by another actor?

Ah, oh well. I don't want to sound like a prick here but I hated Hayters Old Snake voice.

The Japense actor's voice IMHO carried the strength that Snake should have still had even though his body was given out on him.

IDK, Hayters voice is pretty f'ing iconic. It really will be a shame to have some different actor voicing that character.

I'm having a hard time seeing why he wouldn't voice him again. I say this with all respect but is Hayter's schedule really all that occupied?

IDK, Hayters voice is pretty f'ing iconic. It really will be a shame to have some different actor voicing that character.

For MGS 1-3 I agree... 4...Didn't click with me. He sounded like he gargled salt water and glass. I get that Snake was "Old" but...Like I said, the Japanese voice actor kept the voice strong...Which is what I wish Hayter would have done.

If no Hayter...I better get Doyle damnit.

I'm having a hard time seeing why he wouldn't voice him again. I say this with all respect but is Hayter's schedule really all that occupied?

He does other things than act, he's a writer as well, so its possible he didnt have the time or maybe they just wanted to go in another direction. Who knows, either way i hope he does come back, altho if the replacement really is Kiefer Sutherland, well that'll be kick ass too haha.

Yeah, exactly.

For me, the only one that should get the call if I'm we're not getting Hayter is Richard Doyle.

For MGS 1-3 I agree... 4...Didn't click with me. He sounded like he gargled salt water and glass. I get that Snake was "Old" but...Like I said, the Japanese voice actor kept the voice strong...Which is what I wish Hayter would have done.

If no Hayter...I better get Doyle damnit.

He should of sounded like he was going through hell, because he was. But yea i see what your getting at.

Sutherland was voicing the Hush lookalike.

I dont even think i heard that dude speak? Gonna go rewatch that damn trailer.

*edit, holy s**t, youre right. Bad ass. I didnt see that little video of Ishmael speaking. Sweeet.

Last edited:
tumblr_mkc03lgCbL1s6ffauo4_1280.jpg

I'm really curious who "Ishmael" ends up being. He's obviously pretty significant.

I'm not convinced that Hayter's not coming back. I think we simply got voice place holders for this trailer.

Since I haven't really been following MGS lately, this trailer came as a pretty great surprise. Looks amazing and I'm sure the story will be great. Loving the Miller and Ocelot sightings.

I really hope we don't have to pay for both Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain to get the complete MGS5.

Simply amazing. Trailer was beautiful! And this is coming to PS3?! Wow. I wish I knew more about the story.

EDIT: Where was Ocelot?!

Last edited:
I really hope we don't have to pay for both Ground Zeroes and The Phantom Pain to get the complete MGS5.

Ground Zeroes was a place holder name it seems. The real name is Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. There is not two games. Just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"