Comics The Official X-Men Stupid Question Thread!!!

tim2081 said:
Why does Shadowcat look like she got younger from her appearance in X-Treme X-Men to Astonishing X-Men? I liked Kitty a lot better when she was wearing the black leather outfit.

Artistic preference?

Just the way Whendon portrays her and the way Cassady draws her. I guess they wanted to make her look less of a ****.

Kitty will never be a ****. Thats what seperates her from the other X-Chicks.

danielisthor said:
Kitty will never be a ****. Thats what seperates her from the other X-Chicks.

xmenpage.jpg

Look at the 14 year old Kitty throwing herself at Collosus!

Well the difference is she thought she was going to die. Unlike Rogue, who jumped peter like a trampoline as soon as they found out they could touch, while he's in armor form. Though once again, this is my fault, i forgot to put the sarcasm smiley in at the end.

And Colossus is spelled with 1 - L.

Who is Onslaught?

Is Starjammers a kind of jelly or preserve?

Black Tom Cassidy,Sean Cassidy,John Cassady.WHO THE HELL ARE THESE PEOPLE?!?!!

Is Cable related to Time Warner Cable?

How does Deadpool pay for all of those weapons?

Is'nt Sentinel a tv series?Since when does Sentinel appear in a X-Men comic?

1. An amalgam of Professor Xavier and Magneto's darkest thoughts, emotions and hatreds.

2. I think it's a preserve. It looks more like diarhea than jello.

3. The first two are cousins/brothers/something like that. The last draws Astonishing X-Men.

4. No, but I here tale that is where he got his name.

5. He talks them all into submission.

6. Is that show still on the air?

Why are the Spetford Cuckoo's (sp) called this? They're more Village of the danmed than Septford.

I have a silly X-Men question. Did Jean Grey die, and if so, how did it happen?

Yes, Jean Grey is dead. Magneto(actually someone pretending to be him, you can find many angry threads over this) gave her a planet sized seizure. ouch! :xmen:

danielisthor said:
Well the difference is she thought she was going to die. Unlike Rogue, who jumped peter like a trampoline as soon as they found out they could touch, while he's in armor form. Though once again, this is my fault, i forgot to put the sarcasm smiley in at the end.

And Colossus is spelled with 1 - L.

when did rogue and colossus hook up? :xmen:

Cloud Strife said:
Why is Wolverine apart of the Avengers ?

Because it was the one title he wasnt in at least once a month, adn because apparntly he can be on 7 teams at once. :xmen:

iceman03 said:
Because it was the one title he wasnt in at least once a month, adn because apparntly he can be on 7 teams at once. :xmen:
he is the batman of the marvel world.

think about it-
he is a violent loner, but he has so many young sidekicks
he is on every team
and given enough time he can beat anyone

How many X teams are there and who's in each one?

Is uncanny X-men worth picking up if I haven't collected the title in over 8 years? Would I be able to jump right in? Or is there some backstory that I need to know about?

What other books are in continuity with Uncanny X-men? (like spider-man, etc. etc.)

Tremorkill said:
How many X teams are there and who's in each one?

Is uncanny X-men worth picking up if I haven't collected the title in over 8 years? Would I be able to jump right in? Or is there some backstory that I need to know about?

What other books are in continuity with Uncanny X-men? (like spider-man, etc. etc.)
3 Teams:
Astonishing: Cyclops, Emma Frost, Wolverine, Beast, Kitty, Lockheed and Colossus.

X-Men: Havok, Polaris, Iceman, Juggernaut, Xorn, Wolverine, Gambit, Rogue, and Nocturne.

Uncanny: Storm, Bishop, Sage, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Marvel Girl and Cannonball.

Uncanny... well, I'll just say I'm not a big fan of Claremont's new stuff.

Aww man, what happened to the good old days when the great characters were all in the same team.

Also what happened to the whole blue team and gold team X-Men thing?

sun_down said:
Jangofett, Colossus died by injecting himself with the cure for the legacy virus. It had to be injected into a mutant (which would kill him) to be released into the world. I don't really understand why or how that worked, maybe someone could assist me here.
*takes a deep breath*

Right, what happened was this.

The cure that Beast put together meant that whoever took it had to then activate their mutant powers. The chemical reaction between the cure and the X-Gene would cause a massive power signature surge, thus releasing the cure into the atmosphere, but unfortunately killing whoever took it.

That's how I understood it, anyway, please feel free to shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong!

Generation Lee said:
Why are the Spetford Cuckoo's (sp) called this? They're more Village of the danmed than Septford.

"The Midwich Cukoos" was the name of the novel that the "Village of the Damned" movie was adapted from, thats where the cukoos segment of the name came from as the girls are obviously inspired from that story. As for stepford, that could be in reference to the stepford wives and how they all acted the same, much as the girls all act the same.

ok i have a good stupid question

did they name jean for gene? they sound the same and maybe that's why she doesn't need a codename because when they shout "jean!!" it's like if they shouted "gene!!" a codename ;) think about it.

Slim_X said:
ok i have a good stupid question

did they name jean for gene? they sound the same and maybe that's why she doesn't need a codename because when they shout "jean!!" it's like if they shouted "gene!!" a codename ;) think about it.
On the whole...

I think not.

Psiren said:
*takes a deep breath*

Right, what happened was this.

The cure that Beast put together meant that whoever took it had to then activate their mutant powers. The chemical reaction between the cure and the X-Gene would cause a massive power signature surge, thus releasing the cure into the atmosphere, but unfortunately killing whoever took it.

That's how I understood it, anyway, please feel free to shoot me down in flames if I'm wrong!

you're right! :xmen:

Right. A truly stupid, nay, INSPIRED question.

What would happen if Juggernaut, the Unstoppable, ran into (quite literally) Blob, the Unmovable?

Would there be some sort of cosmic paradox?

Would they amalgamate into Blobernaut (or possibly Juggerblob)?

Discuss.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"