The Dark Knight The Perfect getaway

I've never read the book.

I saw Omega Man, and I don't like Will Smith or "big" remakes of small movies.

That is all.

We found the LC6551 document in the New Email from Glenn Barhyte thread.

As long as the movie doesn't pimp out Audi, Converse, RVC etc. I'm looking forward to it.

I've just wondered if it's just because Will Smith is in it that people are hatining. I happen to like him, because he's great when he gets the right opportunities, like The Pursuit of Happiness and Ali - which wasn't that great a film, but he was very good in the role. Great in Six Degrees of Separation too.

I think his talent gets overshadowed by the fact that he so often plays the wise cracking action hero. And his Fresh Prince days.

That's why I asked him when he saw the sneak preview showing since he must have seen it to know if it would be a turd or not.

I think it's a bunch of people who have read the book and instantly hate on the movie. IE: The close minded who aren't open to interpretation.
not close minded, i'm kinda excited about seeing it, but not alot. i love the book and have no problem with re-interpretation, but when you've changed as much as they clearly have given the trailers why even call it the same thing? sure it might be based off of i am ledgend, but in no way is it the same thing

Ok I have a serious question, whos going to see I am Legend in IMAX and watch the prologue and then just leaving? cuz youd have to be pretty f***tarded to pay upwards 13 bucks just to see it and walk out.
I'm going to do that because
1.I work at the movies and I get it for free.
2. I'm not wasting time to watch will smith play the same role that he plays in every movie he's in.
3. The movie's probably going to suck whether you've read the book or not, and I have so It's a guaranteed crapfest.

not close minded, i'm kinda excited about seeing it, but not alot. i love the book and have no problem with re-interpretation, but when you've changed as much as they clearly have given the trailers why even call it the same thing? sure it might be based off of i am ledgend, but in no way is it the same thing

Having him the "supposed" last man on Earth, having to go out at day for supplies and secure himself at night from the mutants is enough to keep the name. If they make him black and change a few personality traits and whatnot doesn't mean they should call it something else altogether.

Did I accidentally enter the I Am Legend board?

Yessssssss....."NEVILLE.....NEVILLE....NEVILLE!!!!!"

lastman.gif

I've just wondered if it's just because Will Smith is in it that people are hatining. I happen to like him, because he's great when he gets the right opportunities, like The Pursuit of Happiness and Ali - which wasn't that great a film, but he was very good in the role. Great in Six Degrees of Separation too.

I think his talent gets overshadowed by the fact that he so often plays the wise cracking action hero. And his Fresh Prince days.

That's exactly what it is for most I believe. I was like WTF?!? when I first heard years ago he was getting into film, but over time I think he's proved himself.

I'm a fan of the book and of the Vincent Price original, but I'm excited to see a modern retelling. Jeez people....I love how you speak with such authority on whether something as subjective as a movie sucks or not. Respect others opinions. Now it's juice and nap time.

I never said the movie was going to be awesome or even good since I haven't seen it. Just saying to other people who haven't seen it that it's fairly ignorant to say it will outright suck.

Having him the "supposed" last man on Earth, having to go out at day for supplies and secure himself at night from the mutants is enough to keep the name. If they make him black and change a few personality traits and whatnot doesn't mean they should call it something else altogether.

No, if they change the ending, one of the greatest parts of the book, and the only thing that makes sense of the title, they should call it something else.

I'm going to do that because
1. I work at the movies and I get it for free.
2. I'm not wasting time to watch will smith play the same role that he plays in every movie he's in.
3. The movie's probably going to suck whether you've read the book or not, and I have so It's a guaranteed crapfest.

Well, I'm just going to have a puff in the parking lot, pay $15 and watch a movie in IMAX that's preceeded by the Joker prolouge. And I'm guessing the movie itself will at the very least have some mindless entertainment that can't be anyworse than Transformers - and if it does suck. My life will go on.

giving him the dog from the start, a military background, moving it to mew york and making it into an action movie as opposed to the story of issolation it orginaly was is enough for me to want it changed. hell the writer made them change the vincent price version to the last man on earth and it was almost dead on

That's why I asked him when he saw the sneak preview showing since he must have seen it to know if it would be a turd or not.

I think it's a bunch of people who have read the book and instantly hate on the movie. IE: The close minded who aren't open to interpretation.

You never asked me--but no, I haven't seen it.

The reason I don't want to see it is because I don't think the story is that that great or original (having seen OMEGA MAN). I don't understand why you need to make 3 movies of the same story--I hate remakes and excessive CGI (it looks cartoonish in I am Legend) so, understandably , I don't want to see the movie.

This is all just my opinion. That's it.

If you want to see this movie, great. Go see it. I don't care.

I reserve the right to hate on anything or anyone I want.

If it makes you uncomfortable, that's your problem.

I came here to talk about the viral sites, not I am Legend.

Let's put this issue to rest ok?

-Snake

You never asked me--but no, I haven't seen it.

The reason I don't want to see it is because I don't think the story is that that great or original (having seen OMEGA MAN). I don't understand why you need to make 3 movies of the same story--I hate remakes and excessive CGI (it looks cartoonish in I am Legend) so, understandably , I don't want to see the movie.

This is all just my opinion. That's it.

If you want to see this movie, great. Go see it. I don't care.

I reserve the right to hate on anything or anyone I want.

If it makes you uncomfortable, that's your problem.

I came here to talk about the viral sites, not I am Legend.

Let's put this issue to rest ok?

-Snake

27640~No-Stupid-Questions-Posters.jpg

Spelled "out of time" apparently. (When all the routes were drawn on the map). But I don't think anyone finished this entirely. Someone saw "out" written on the map, someone guessed "out of time", and then put that on the end of whysoserious.com/ and there led to the new website with Alder's morgue photo.
I took the time to do it. Or at least..most of it. There still must be a transportation-related viral site we haven't found, because a huge chunk of the midtown area was missing from SilentType's God-PDF map.

Perfectgetawaymap.jpg

It's pretty obvious that it would have revealed an O though.

That's cool to finally see it all....sort of. :oldrazz:

That probably took a while. It took me quite a while to finish the Uptown section.

ok i just came back from work. Out of Time !?!? Cool site!

Is this Perfect Getaway thing something we all jumped the gun at?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"