The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - - - - - - - - - - Part 19

Status
Not open for further replies.
I set last Friday as a key date. I felt that if they had any serious intention of making another bid, they needed to say something by Friday or risk having Fox shareholders forget about them as they went about the business of closing with Disney.

It's still not over, but I feel confident that at this moment, Comcast doesn't have immediate plans to offer another bid.

That could be because they're having trouble raising money and/or because there is disagreement among members of the board, but I think at least one of those two things (and possibly both) is standing in the way of another bid.

But even so, things could change. New money could be freed up or the hold-out board members could be convinced to bid one more time.

But I believe that if they had a clear path to another bid, they would have let people know that so that the process wouldn't go too far before they had a chance to offer that bid.

It's fine for them to come back with a much higher FINAL bid at a later date but if they were to do so then shareholders would have wanted to know by now that they are still working on something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"