The Rebooted "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) Thread - Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the X-men don't show up in Infinity War. I don't want Fox's convoluted continuity anywhere near the MCU.
Ofcourse not after IW sometimenin Phase 4, I'm telling Secret Wars with Avengers, Guardians, X-Men and F4

Fox can keep the X-Men. I do want Marvel to get the FF back. The FF is far more suited to the MCU than Fox. Fox simply don't 'get' the FF.

X-Men on the other hand, Fox have delivered 3 X-Men movies I really enjoy (X2, FC, DoFP). Also, it wouldn't make sense that the MCU general public love the Avengers but hate mutants. That makes NO SENSE.

I hope the X-men don't show up in Infinity War. I don't want Fox's convoluted continuity anywhere near the MCU.

Don't worry the x-men would not be in infinity war if marvel got the rights back as they have yet to introduced the x-men characters into the MCU. If they were it would hurt the quality of the movie as their is going to be too many characters in the film to begin with.

The quote from Mads Mikkelsen as to who is he playing in Dr. Strange:

"He’s not a villain in that way – he’s a man who believes in something else than the hero. That doesn’t mean that he doesn’t want to make the planet look wonderful or he wants to save the world as well, but he has a different way of doing it. He is the antagonist, of course, but he’s not necessarily wrong."

I am sorry but that description just screams DOOM!

Can you imagine that they are talking about Phase 3, drop the bomb that they got the rights back to the F4, and then Feige says, "speaking of the F4, we can now talk about Mads villainous role of none other than...VICTOR VON DOOM!!!"

Cue me passing out on the floor LOL

I'm annoyed because I, too, was rooting for Mads to get the chance to play the MCU Doom when such a thing became possible, and now he won't because he's playing some dude in Dr. Strange in stead. And they won't even tell us who it is.

So who's left to play Doom? Who are the other favorites around here?

"He’s not a villain in that way – he’s a man who believes in something else than the hero. That doesn’t mean that he doesn’t want to make the planet look wonderful or he wants to save the world as well, but he has a different way of doing it. He is the antagonist, of course, but he’s not necessarily wrong."

Can you imagine that they are talking about Phase 3, drop the bomb that they got the rights back to the F4, and then Feige says, "speaking of the F4, we can now talk about Mads villainous role of none other than...VICTOR VON DOOM!!!"

I hope Mads' character won't die easily like Strucken, Stane, Malekith, etc. Marvel has to keep their villains around and develop them into more effective characters. Then when they finally die, it will actually resonate and not feel like a fodder.

I say maybe not the entire X-Men, but bring in maybe a couple of characters. I say Beast, Xavier, maybe Storm just for a slight connection to T'Challa, and possibly Wolverine.

That would be dumb though as he has no connection to her in the MCU. They even stripped away her lineage in the comics.

This exactly! Why else is the identity of his characters such a secret then?

If Mads Mikkelsen is playing Doom in a Dr Strange movie, surely the mystical aspect of the character will be involved. I can't even wrap my mind around that. It's too perfect.

It would be cool, but I think the odds of MM being Doom are close to zero.

It would be cool, but I think the odds of MM being Doom are close to zero.

I know the chances are astronomically slim, but every so often, an actor comes along that is BORN to play a character...Downey as Stark...Evans as Rogers...and Mikkelsen is PERFECT to be Doom...he has the right build, the right charisma, the accent, just everything...and watch him as Hannibal...there were so many moments that made me which he was talking to Richards instead of Will Graham....

Maybe he was playing someone else, then suddenly the FF rights fell into Marvel's hands, and they decided to do a quick switch-up...

Nothing would make me happier than discovering that he was playing Doom but this is highly unlikely. No way Doom would be a main villain this soon in the MCU. Let alone a Dr Strange film whom has been in the works for several years.

Maybe he was playing someone else, then suddenly the FF rights fell into Marvel's hands, and they decided to do a quick switch-up...

Nothing would make me happier than discovering that he was playing Doom but this is highly unlikely. No way Doom would be a main villain this soon in the MCU. Let alone a Dr Strange film whom has been in the works for several years.

Not trying to feed any false hope, but the Den of Geek story reporting the rights reversion was Oct. 15th and MM was announced in December, I believe.

He could, if we really want to stretch, be a Doom who is just starting to become Doom (he clearly doesn't look like traditional Doom in the set photos).

But honestly, I'd rather have him not be Doom than have him be a relatively drastically altered Doom that he would have to be to fit what we know.

Stars+Set+Doctor+Strange+OMdrnkF4DWOx.jpg

He isn't Doom. He's Kaluu. Deal with it.

And Fox and Marvel do need to work out a deal. Like who's left to develop after Phase 3? Maybe some Black Widow, Winter Soldier, Hawekeye and War Machine spin-offs but any new character is too obscure. Like all of Marvel's popular characters will be on screen by the end of the year.

Eternals? They've always struggled to keep a series. Marvel have relaunched them several times but only Starfox and Sersi have taken off as characters... in the pages of Avengers. Wonder Man and Black Knight have a whole lot of history but much like Scarlet Witch and Vision, they're mostly supporting Avengers who have never had a concluded successful series. Tigra, Blue Marvel, Silverclaw, Stingray, Spectrum and Sentry have even less solo material to choose from so they're officially off the table. Vision has a successful solo series now but it's currently ongoing and it just launched. It's too soon to tell if time will be kinder to it.

Namor is the exception but he's over at Universal and I don't see them loosening their grip on Namor any time soon. Maybe we'll know in another two years when the Hulk distribution rights hopefully revert.

So a deal to merge the MCU with the X-Men U and get full creative control over the Fantastic Four is the only way forward. Getting the Fantastic Four back means getting Silver Surfer back which means Annihilators. Getting the X-Men back means getting Tabitha Smith back which means Nextwave. Even if it's a Sony-style deal, Marvel get get their universe expanded with properties that they wholly own in the same way that the Sony deal means that Marvel get to do Thunderbolts.

Mads can still play Doom if Marvel gets FF rights back. It won't be the first time an actor plays two different roles in MCU.

Mads can still play Doom if Marvel gets FF rights back. It won't be the first time an actor plays two different roles in MCU.

If you're talking about Matt Gerald and Alfe Woodard, the roles in All Hail the King and Civil War were tiny compared to what their Daredevil and Luke Cage roles. Mads won't be doing a cameo. He's a major villain. If we get a new Doom, I want Sergej Trifunovic.

While I understand why people want the FF to be back at Marvel, I don't understand why they would want the same thing for the X-men.

The FoX-men movies are mostly great. DoFP and Apocalypse had the perfect tone: humor (actual humor, not naked scientist running around or teenagers joking about a movie because it's old), while still having real stakes and emotions.

#notrighttogivetherightsback

While I understand why people want the FF to be back at Marvel, I don't understand why they would want the same thing for the X-men.

The FoX-men movies are mostly great. DoFP and Apocalypse had the perfect tone: humor (actual humor, not naked scientist running around or teenagers joking about a movie because it's old), while still having real stakes and emotions.

#notrighttogivetherightsback

Most folks would agree that the FF reversion is far more important, though they may disagree that Foxy Pete goofing around in a tragic scene is the "perfect tone" while a pitch perfect version of Spider-man coming up with a hilarious yet brilliant battle strategy is not.

Talk of the X-Men reverting is becoming louder, and it relates directly to the very disappointing BO and the mediocre reviews of Apocalypse. I would suspect a pricey "X-Men in Space" sequel is off the table, and it wouldn't be shocking if FOX left the kids back in the 80s and went forward with less pricey present day spin-offs like New Mutants and X-Force.

I would suspect most folks agree on the rights issue, though they may disagree that Foxy Pete goofing around in a tragic scene is the "perfect tone" while a teenager coming up with a hilarious yet brilliant battle strategy is not.

Talk of the X-Men reverting is becoming louder, and it relates directly to the very disappointing BO and the mediocre reviews of Apocalypse. I would suspect a pricey "X-Men in Space" sequel is off the table, and it wouldn't be shocking if FOX left the kids back in the 80s and went forward with less pricey present day spin-offs like New Mutants and X-Force.

Child endangerment is not funny. Tony stark is all about "taking responsibilities" and the first thing he does is puting a kid on the battlefield without telling said kid's tutor. That's hardly a scenario to be proud of.

Also, Spidey was as funny as Jar Jar binks was in the phantom menace.

Which proves that reviews mean nothing. Apocalypse was way more cohesive than civil war.

#notmyspiderman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannnnman
Back