The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR Box Office Thread V

And the fact that it's done it all without 3D is remarkable...

Update:

Monday (Actual) = $2,344,003

With Monday's numbers, my forecasts for the week ending 08-19-12:

Tuesday ~ $2,508,000
Wednesday ~ $2,006,000
Thursday ~ $1,906,000
Friday ~ $3,049,000
Saturday ~ $4,208,000
Sunday ~ $3,324,000

Weekend Total = ~ $10,581,000

7-Day Total = ~ $19,345,000

I gave TDKR the benefit of the doubt to have a lower decrease this weekend, since last weekend's dropped factored in the Olympics closing. Still, the new forecast is a little down from my $19.7 million projection last week, but it should still be on pace to hit close to ~ $445 million.

It baffles me how anyone can doubt this film will reach $1bn worldwide.

Its performance outside the US is pretty staggering. It will make $1bn easy. Like someone else said, the only question is whether it will make $1.1bn
I don't see it hitting $1.1b. It'd have to do $670m OS to hit that. I'd say it'll end up just above or below TDK.

Doesn't the film still have a couple other countries to open in?

This is all it gives you on IMDB...

Lebanon 16 August 2012
United Arab Emirates 16 August 2012
Bahrain 18 August 2012
United Arab Emirates 18 August 2012
Pakistan 20 August 2012
Greece 21 August 2012
Italy 21 August 2012 (limited) Italy 29 August 2012
Switzerland 29 August 2012 (Italian speaking region)

And of course, China on 27 August 2012.

Hollywood tentpoles "The Dark Knight Rises," "The Amazing Spider-Man" and "Prometheus" will all open in a single week in China as the communist country takes its most aggressive step yet to limit the box office of American imports.

Though it first became clear last month that the state-owned China Film Group intended to open the two superhero films on the same day, Warner Bros. had been lobbying to delay the release of its "Dark Knight Rises" until September. That effort failed, as both movies have now been officially dated for Aug. 27.

Executives at "Prometheus" studio 20th Century Fox, Warner and "Spider-Man" studio Sony Pictures are undoubtedly frustrated by China Film's decision, which could lower their box-office totals in the second biggest movie market in the world. None would speak publicly, however, for fear of offending officials there.
http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...pider-man-prometheus-20120813,0,6246668.story

Geez... what is it with that place.

Expendables 2 is now scheduled for a 9/7 release in China. That government is determined to screw Hollywood over as much as possible this year. Look at this schedule:

Spidey - 8/27
Batman - 8/27
Prometheus - 9/2
Expendables - 9/7
Bourne - 9/14
Total Recall - 9/14
Looper - 9/28

So, Spidey and Bats won't get more than a week to earn money as Expendables is a very bankable franchise in Asia, Bourne and Total Recall are not expected to do well anyway.

I am shocked how well this film is doing. Considering its not as much of a thrill ride as TDK, and no colorful character like the Joker. And considering that HORRIFIC tragedy stole so much important money within the first week, and the start of the olympics in the second week ... this thing is doing quite well.

I've watched TDKR with non-hardcore Batman fans and they loved it. Maybe I should've asked them to compare TDK and TDKR I guess?

A majority of my friends who are casual movie-goers certainly feel it wasn't as thrilling as TDK. I know small sample size and all that but still.

A majority of my friends who are casual movie-goers certainly feel it wasn't as thrilling as TDK. I know small sample size and all that but still.
That's pretty much what I hear on the regular. Not that they didn't enjoy RISES, they just felt TDK was a much more gripping and satisfying experience. And I agree. For as good as RISES is ... just following in the footsteps of instant cinematic greatness, leaves this last one a tad bit underwhelming in comparison.

That's pretty much what I hear on the regular. Not that they didn't enjoy RISES, they just felt TDK was a much more gripping and satisfying experience. And I agree. For as good as RISES is ... just following in the footsteps of instant cinematic greatness, leaves this last one a tad bit underwhelming in comparison.

And that is everyone's problem. Stop comparing it to TDK. :doh:

Agreed.

there are enough "thrill ride" movies this year one such was Avengers, then there is Expendables 2 coming up, TDKR needed to be. . . . different.

Agreed.

there are enough "thrill ride" movies this year one such was Avengers, then there is Expendables 2 coming up, TDKR needed to be. . . . different.

Indeed. If you're looking for a "thrill ride" the Nolan Batman trilogy is not for you.

Maybe the Bay Transformers trilogy is more up your alley.

Agreed. The same goes for the complete nonsense of comparing Bane to Joker. It must stop. I did NOT hear any comparisons of Penguin to Joker back in Burton's day.

Transformers? You got to be kidding me. I certainly can label Nolan's Batman trilogy as a "thrill ride" since I find all three movies to be highly enjoyable movies in the action/superhero genre.

What's wrong with bringing up the TDK as comparison considering it was done so in debating whether or not the general audience enjoyed TDKR as much as TDK.

happy it's doing well.

after seeing it a second time, it's my favorite of trilogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"