The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR Box Office Thread IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohio Man Arrested For Carrying Weapons, Ammo Into Showing Of ‘Dark Knight Rises’

By THE DEADLINE TEAM | Tuesday August 7, 2012 @ 10:45am PDT

Police say a theater manager was suspicious of the man who was carrying a satchel when he walked into the 10 PM Saturday showing of TDKR. The manager and an off-duty police officer searched the bag and found a gun, ammunition and several knives, the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports. The man was arrested without incident. The newspaper says police search the man’s home last night, but it’s not known what, if anything, was found. A 24-year-old man is charged with killing 12 people and wounding 58 at a midnight showing of the The Dark Knight Rises in Aurora, CO on July 20.

http://www.deadline.com/2012/08/man-arrested-weapons-ammo-dark-knight-rises-ohio/

No avoiding it. Bourne Legacy will win this weekend (Tracking says $40M ish; thinking $35M myself) but the mixed-to-negative reviews are pouring in. Lack of action will be a sour point for word of mouth.

Dark Knight Rises is still holding on strong thanks to great reviews and word of mouth. Expect $17-$20M this weekend; probably $19M when its all said and done.

No avoiding it. Bourne Legacy will win this weekend (Tracking says $40M ish; thinking $35M myself) but the mixed-to-negative reviews are pouring in. Lack of action will be a sour point for word of mouth.

Dark Knight Rises is still holding on strong thanks to great reviews and word of mouth. Expect $17-$20M this weekend; probably $19M when its all said and done.

What a shame they had to lessen the name of Bourne, slightly miffed at that.

I hope WB are taking notes for when Bats gets the reboot.

What's the other one opening this weekend besides Bourne?

As I said in the Bourne thread, it sounds as though the Bourne Legacy is a case of a "Screenwriter trying to be a director" and the end result not going well.

The movie is doing great in Germany.

After 2 weeks it has 1'996'391 viewers while TDK had 1,4 Mio at the same time. TDK had a total of 2,8 Mio viewers so TDKR could end up higher and be the most watched Batman movie ever in Germany. (just to compare TASM had 1,5 Mio total and Avengers had 2,2 Mio total)

Going for round 4 tonight. I'm really glad this movie is doing strong, it deserves it.

Do you guys think it will easily be able to pull off 400 million domestic, or will be be a very slow crawl to get there?

Not counting yesterday's gross..

U2iDq.gif

I'm guessing it is a slim chance of it beating TDK's domestic...

Do you guys think it will easily be able to pull off 400 million domestic, or will be be a very slow crawl to get there?

The gross will be somewhere in the 380-390m range after the weekend and will cross 400m next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"