The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion & Speculation Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 121

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides the TV appearances, is the cast done with the interviews stuff? They seem to have not been interviewed by the movie sites and most of them are busy with Comic Con.

It seems to be a *****ey thing to do. :funny: I mean, the guy is your father figure all your life and he should know that nothing would make Alfred happier than finding out that he is alive and finally living a normal life with someone. It just sounds weird and just for the sake of drama that Alfred should "find out" and he wasn't told.

True that. "Oh....Hey Alfred....Sup....I umm....I was gonna call. I swear."

People don't give standing ovations to ideas. They give it to executions.

I would argue that its a combination of both - I think its the execution of a certain idea that can illicit a standing ovation or overtly positive response.
I understand what you mean though, to the point where if it's done well, the supposed cafe ending could make people get out of their chairs.

I hope WB releases HQs of those stills we saw at the featurette.

Besides the TV appearances, is the cast done with the interviews stuff? They seem to have not been interviewed by the movie sites and most of them are busy with Comic Con.

It seems to be a *****ey thing to do. :funny: I mean, the guy is your father figure all your life and he should know that nothing would make Alfred happier than finding out that he is alive and finally living a normal life with someone. It just sounds weird and just for the sake of drama that Alfred should "find out" and he wasn't told.

Totally *****ey. The only reason I didn't want Bruce to die was because of the pain it would cause Alfred!

But he will! At least that's how I think most people will think and assume... :oldrazz:

Exactly. That's why I never liked the cafe idea with Selina, or when Rags would try to hint that they might get together in some way. Sure, its not a "Ride off into the sunset" ending, but Bruce and Selina chillin' in a cafe or walking off together would suggest that they will.

I would argue that its a combination of both - I think its the execution of a certain idea that can illicit a standing ovation or overtly positive response.
I understand what you mean though, to the point where if it's done well, the supposed cafe ending could make people get out of their chairs.
Besides, the standing ovation can certainly be for the whole movie, not just the ending, or even despite the ending.

I'm guessing they will do an international press conference in London.

Christian Bale is on Daybreak in UK on ITV1 - 19th Jul. Not sure when and where the interview was recorded.

Its funny because the ejector seat from the toy preview of the Bat seems to support the idea that

Batman can 'die', yet Bruce can live on. Assuming that Gotham isn't made privy to Batman's true identity.

Which almost adds another layer of legitimacy to the supposed cafe ending.

But he will! At least that's how I think most people will think and assume... :oldrazz:

I guess it depends on the context. Admittedly I'll be disappointed if it has that winking at the audience style similar to...

Harry Osborn discovering his dad's secret lair and gear at the end of SM2.

On paper it doesn't sound anywhere near as good as the BB/TDK endings, but we'll just have to see how it turns out.

Besides, the standing ovation can certainly be for the whole movie, not just the ending, or even despite the ending.

Yeah thats a fair point too.

Do me a favor...

stop making sense, please! We have no room for rationality here. :jedi

I believe the guy who apparently saw the movie said that didn't happen which contradicts with what Bosef said. Maybe that's another clue that the guy who said he saw it was lying. I don't know.

It contradicts hints in the trailer and pictures.

If Bane knows who Batman is and spills the beans about the cover up, why would Bane withhold that piece of info?

Plus, how the hell do the GCPD decide to stand behind and fight with Batman?

If Bane knows who Batman is and spills the beans about the cover up, why would Bane withhold that piece of info?

Because it gives Gotham somebody to rally behind, it could 'galvanize' Gotham to fight back.

This thread is lost.

Pretty ridiculous how badly these people want to know exactly what happens when theyve waited 4 years..and theres a week to go. I dont mind being spoiled on minor plot points and reading reviews, but this speculation/ obsession of knowing the ending is bizarre.

Pretty ridiculous how badly these people want to know exactly what happens when theyve waited 4 years..and theres a week to go. I dont mind being spoiled on minor plot points and reading reviews, but this speculation/ obsession of knowing the ending is bizarre.

I would argue that everyone really wants to know the ending, some are just speculating on how the film could possibly end based off of reports on other websites.

I dont know that theres anything bizarre about that on a Spoiler forum.

Can you please rebuke the ending I got So I can rest ?

Or you could, you know, actually enjoy this last week and see how it all unfolds and decide for yourself if its a great ending instead of prejudging something that most likely sounds way different than it will come across on screen anyways even if true.

Can you please rebuke the ending I got So I can rest ?

I would actually prefer to not have anything confirmed by someone who has seen the film, speculating on what happens in the last 5 minutes is on thing - reading it from a confirm source is another.

I don't mind having an ending spoiled...if it's awful. It's only good endings I don't want to know about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"