The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 122 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It almost seems like an injustice to not see it in IMAX. I know it's completely out of some peoples control to see it in the format so I'm not blaming anyone but it would be nice if everyone got a chance to see it in IMAX.

Holy **** so this means that it'll be 72 minutes of fullscreen in Bluray?! :wow:

It almost seems like an injustice to not see it in IMAX. I know it's completely out of some peoples control to see it in the format so I'm not blaming anyone but it would be nice if everyone got a chance to see it in IMAX.

Agreed. That's how Nolan intends for the film to be seen.

:up: This is my first real IMAX experience.

Unfortunately, no IMAX for me. :(

No kidding. Unforutnately for me, I live in Oregon and the only real IMAX here is the OMNIMAX at OMSI (Oregon Museum of Science and Industry) and they usually don't show Hollywood movies, just educational stuff. :-/

From the reviews thread
There’s no contest. The Dark Knight Rises, which opens next week, is the most hotly anticipated movie of the summer. And yes, it lives up to the hype. But what’s most astonishing is not Batman’s new flying machine that zooms around skyscraper canyons, or a flirty Anne Hathaway poured into a skin-tight catsuit and stiletto boots, or a muzzled terrorist who looks like an S&M wrestler on steroids.
Don’t be surprised to see Caine honoured at the Oscars, or to see The Dark Knight Rises vie for Best Picture. Some franchises simply peter out. Nolan’s trilogy, like the Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter sagas, has an engineered momentum that builds to a monumental climax. After Batman Begins (2005) and The Dark Knight (2008), “this is not another episode in a series for us,” says Nolan. “It’s the third act in one large story.”

Mine too! Wow, good thing this isn't Mission Impossible 4 where the IMAX scenes weren't fullscreen.

Depends on if WB uses the right source for the non-IMAX scenes. They used the IMAX DMR print for TDK, which had a ton of filtering for the 35mm scenes. They should have used the original 35mm negative (unsharpened, unfiltered) for the non-IMAX parts of the film and then used the IMAX negative for only the IMAX parts of the film.

And before anyone says it takes too much work for them to use different sources, no it doesn't. Paramount used two different sources for the Transformers 2 "IMAX" Blu-ray and the quality of the footage across the board was excellent. WB was just lazy as hell with TDK's Blu-ray transfer when they didn't need to be.

:up: This is my first real IMAX experience.

Where are you going to see it? I think you'll enjoy it in IMAX. I'm going to see it in a regular theater first run, and then a "proper" IMAX theater the day after.

I saw TDK in IMAX at a science-center theater in Philly. It was one of the most intense movie-watching experiences I have ever had. For one, the film was projected against a dome, and the seats felt very close to the screen. I literally felt like I was in the movie. I went back to the theater to see Inception, and I almost had a panic attack (I'm not even kidding).

Depends on if WB uses the right source for the non-IMAX scenes. They used the IMAX DMR print for TDK, which had a ton of filtering for the 35mm scenes. They should have used the original 35mm negative (unsharpened, unfiltered) for the non-IMAX parts of the film and then used the IMAX negative for only the IMAX parts of the film.

I see. Well I didn't notice all that because I didn't see it in cinemas, so everything looked fine to me. As long as the IMAX scenes are fullscreen, I'll be happy. Also, even though I didn't notice it, I wish WB does a better Blu Ray transfer like you said.

Where are you going to see it? I think you'll enjoy it in IMAX. I'm going to see it in a regular theater first run, and then a "proper" IMAX theater the day after.

I saw TDK in IMAX at a science-center theater in Philly. It was one of the most intense movie-watching experiences I have ever had. For one, the film was projected against a dome, and the seats felt very close to the screen. I literally felt like I was in the movie. I went back to the theater to see Inception, and I almost had a panic attack (I'm not even kidding).

Regal Pointe Orlando. If I get good seats (not too close to the screen), it'll be a wonderful experience.

Regal Pointe Orlando. If I get good seats (not too close to the screen), it'll be a wonderful experience.

Dude you going to the midnight at regal pointe next thur?? Im going w my bro and dad.

No IMAX in my country, so there u go lol. Regular ol' movie screen for me. I cant give a damn about IMAX in this situation tbh. No use in caring when it's stuff i just have no control over.

72 minutes...unreal..the hype for this is getting to the boiling point

Dude you going to the midnight at regal pointe next thur?? Im going w my bro and dad.

Midnight is sold out, unfortunately. I'm going on Friday but I don't know which screening yet.

Midnight is sold out, unfortunately. I'm going on Friday but I don't know which screening yet.

Yeah it sold out in like ten minutes..I got lucky. Is a great theatre..especially the IMAX..should be awesome.

I thought TDK was 25%? Unless I'm thinking about something completely different? Either way, TDKR is guaranteed to be an unforgettable cinematic experience. 7 More days!!

ALFRED: Why 41 pages Master Thread Manager?

THREAD MANAGER: The number 41 scares me. It's time my posters shared my dread.

41.jpg

I'd love to but the nearest non-educational IMAX to me is 7 hours away. Though I'm going to the marathon so at least I get to see BB and TDK one last time in theater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Francuz231
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"