The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 129 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just say that as one of the review wranglers on here, these reviews have been hardly "lukewarm" or "mixed" as some people here are asserting.

The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. In fact some known Nolan haters have even gone - on record now - to say that this is his best work yet. The fact that it has a lower rating than The Dark Knight is such a trivial observation. First of all, look at the damn average rating! :funny: Second of all, have you checked Metacritic lately :lmao: And third of all, even if it does end up at an 86%, that would be the same rating that Inception has. Y'know that incredibly beautiful movie that took home the most Academy Awards a couple years ago? :whatever:

I'll say this - It's probably going to end up somewhere around a 89-91%, which is unbelievably well received - arguably the best this year. I'm not disappointed at all. If you were to read these reviews in full, it'd be clear that Nolan gave us the best trilogy of all time.

Wait.

People. . .not. . .reading things fully? And not respecting other people's dissenting opinions? :wow:

What is this sorcery!!! :argh:

/Relaxeveryone:funny:

This is begging for a caption... :funny:

mRb6i.jpg

Anne's expression in that pic, there just aren't any words to describe it, yeesh lol, poor Anne.:D

Can I just say that as one of the review wranglers on here, these reviews have been hardly "lukewarm" or "mixed" as some people here are asserting.

The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. In fact some known Nolan haters have even gone - on record now - to say that this is his best work yet. The fact that it has a lower rating than The Dark Knight is such a trivial observation. First of all, look at the damn average rating! :funny: Second of all, have you checked Metacritic lately :lmao: And third of all, even if it does end up at an 86%, that would be the same rating that Inception has. Y'know that incredibly beautiful movie that took home the most Academy Awards a couple years ago? :whatever:

I'll say this - It's probably going to end up somewhere around a 89-91%, which is unbelievably well received - arguably the best this year. I'm not disappointed at all. If you were to read these reviews in full, it'd be clear that Nolan gave us the best trilogy of all time.

Wait.

People. . .not. . .reading things fully? And not respecting other people's dissenting opinions? :wow:

Wish more people understood this, it's like over 50 reviews downright praising the movie. And only like 3 or 4 outright bashing it.

Last edited:

That is so awesome. Bale's all "let me at him" to Hardy's "come at me bro", with Anne as the mediator in between the two. Morgan is just happy to see it all unfold.

Wait.

:up:

Exactly. The movie is being very favorably reviewed. I'm actually surprised at how well the film is being received on Metacritic, with a string of 100/100 reviews from top critics. And as you note, the Rotten Tomatoes rating is in line with Inception, including the 8.3 average rating.

The movie spent a lot of time building up a terrible ammount of obstacles to overcome. It did feel quite bleak, and it actually made me a bit sad for Bruce, given what he goes through. There are some cool Batman moments, but for the most part he goes through the ringer.

:funny:

I find that the positives outweigh any negatives. It does feel quite different to BB and TDK.

Any way you could elaborate on how it feels different without giving away spoilers?

I'm not doing anything of the sort. I posted an article and *you* bring up the Avengers...actually, you bring up their fans.

If Avengers fans "did the exact same thing", Rotten Tomatoes would have prohibited comments for Avengers. But they didn't.

But thanks, once again, for bringing up Avengers in the middle of a Dark Knight discussion thread.

I guess if you're happy with perpetuating the stereotype...

Oh please. Don't even try to spin this around on me. You posted that article and then tried to defend other crazed fanatics who responded to negative reviews in the process. Both sides are just as guilty of menialism, arrogance, insanity, etc.

Bale has been looking pretty fine in the past couple of days, probably got his beauty sleep.

Somebody change the neeson pic to The Dark Knight Rises...

Only just realised it says The Dark Knight and not Rises...

My bad :( lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"