The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 128 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
81k36.jpg

What is that?

Maybe Rob Schneider should've played the Joker in this film afterall.

There is a small group that seems to feel that way, just like there is a small group (including me) that feels TDK was weaker than BB.

I seem to remember that in the first reviews almost everybody was saying this was better than the previous

Well, if they fix that negative review and put it positive where it belongs then it would be higher yet. I know I've been out of school a while but last I checked a B- was good.

This was never going to get as high as TDK anyhow. I hate to be that person but the Joker and Heath Ledger's death probably did turn quite a few borderline reviews into positive territory. Reports so far is that this is a very dark movie which is always going to turn off a few reviewers looking for light summer entertainment when going to see a superhero movie. TDK was a dark movie as well but it had the Joker to lighten it up in places.

No, his performance is what sold people not his death. People know by now that this series isn't light popcorn fluff so anyone who is turned off by it has been living under a rock

This. I don't know what kind of expectations people had for this movie but right now DKR is even with Inception on Rotten Tomatoes and has an even higher average rating. On what planet was Inception anything other than a critical success? People need to stop overreacting because it's not in the high 90s. If this movie is in the same company as Inception I'll be pretty damn happy, especially since I liked that more than Dark Knight.

I'm pretty sure that Nolan is smiling already.

No, his performance is what sold people not his death. People know by now that this series isn't light popcorn fluff so anyone who is turned off by it has been living under a rock

Which is what Nolan wanted. Heath was great, no doubt, but it would be unfair for Nolan and his team that people will only remember Joker from the whole trilogy.

I was just reading a review from Click online and the phrase "lacking the charm of the Avengers" was uttered.

I loved the Avengers....but if you're going into these Nolan films expecting THAT kind of mood, you are just clueless. :whatever:

That Forbes review is just....wow!

Take it with a grain of salt. He used to be a very active poster on the BOF boards. At one point Jett even had him writing editorials on the site. What I'm saying is him giving it the "best ever" treatment is exactly like Jett giving it the "best ever" treatment, meaning the two of them are so hopelessly biased that it's hard to take them seriously. Mind you, I can think of a number of critics out there in the exact opposite direction who shouldn't be taken seriously either (Denby, Zacharek, and Reed come to mind).

PHP:
Léo Ho Tep;23894697 said:
We do the same in France. We only get to see movies in original version in small theaters.

Yeah and I hate it so much :woot:
If they, at least would try to do it right. Its so sad, because I think I could do it better and those are supposed to be the professionals.:csad:

I was just reading a review from Click online and the phrase "lacking the charm of the Avengers" was uttered.

I loved the Avengers....but if you're going into these Nolan films expecting THAT kind of mood, you are just clueless. :whatever:

I feel that many reviewers still don't get Comic book movies, they expect all cbm's to be alike in tone which is something ridiculous, it is as if they have never ever read a comic book in their life. :doh:

Take it with a grain of salt. He used to be a very active poster on the BOF boards. At one point Jett even had him writing editorials on the site. What I'm saying is him giving it the "best ever" treatment is exactly like Jett giving it the "best ever" treatment, meaning the two of them are so hopelessly biased that it's hard to take them seriously. Mind you, I can think of a number of critics out there in the exact opposite direction who shouldn't be taken seriously either (Denby, Zacharek, and Reed come to mind).

Yeah, but the guy's opening paragraphs almost mimic my thoughts about the first two films. So I'm really excited :woot:

Anyone have a link to this infamous Forbes review?

Thanks for the context. Even still, it's the deepest analysis, theme wise, than any review so far.

50 percent say it on par with tdk
15 percent say its better than tdk
35 percent say its not better than tdk and those include positive and negative reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"