The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 128 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Take it with a grain of salt. He used to be a very active poster on the BOF boards. At one point Jett even had him writing editorials on the site. What I'm saying is him giving it the "best ever" treatment is exactly like Jett giving it the "best ever" treatment, meaning the two of them are so hopelessly biased that it's hard to take them seriously. Mind you, I can think of a number of critics out there in the exact opposite direction who shouldn't be taken seriously either (Denby, Zacharek, and Reed come to mind).

May I add Faraci to that list.

Also, MWH is a smart guy who really knows his Batman. You do have to take that into consideration that he's biased sure, but it's definitely more than your average fanboy fapping. His review seems pretty reasonable too, in the way it illustrates how each film in the trilogy brings something crucial to the table that the others don't have.

You have no idea how much it sucks not being able to go to a IMAX trilogy screening :( that HAS loads of seats available.

Léo Ho Tep;23894853 said:
Things are tougher in the south of France :oldrazz:

But you have the sun and the sea :o although I prefer films in original version and concerts :woot:

Those Negative reviews are making me nervous, I am getting out of SHH boards before Tomato-meter drops further, I will be back after I see TDKR.

Those Negative reviews are making me nervous, I am getting out of SHH boards before Tomato-meter drops further, I will be back after I see TDKR.

You shouldn't see any movie then. And how is 86% bad?

:wow::doh::dry:

Rt just jumped from 85 to 86 because rt just posted 5 positive reviews in a minute

I can't watch it at work. What do they say?

Peter thought it was good, better than Begins not as good as TDK.

Germain seemed to like it more than Peter, but he thought it was the weakest in the series with Begins being the best.

Peter did make an interesting comment about how he felt the pressure to make it the ending to a trilogy might have hurt the movie, the moments that tied in to the other films were some of the weaker parts for him.

Last edited:
And the RT percentage will continue to rise.......in the end, from what we've read from critics and fans alike, this film DELIVERS and then some.....Nolan rules.

Peter thought it was good, better than Begins not as good as TDK.

Germain seemed to like it more than Peter, but he thought it was the weakest in the series with Begins being the best.

Peter did make an interesting comment about how he felt the pressure to make it the ending to a trilogy might have hurt the movie, the moments that tied in to the other films were some of the weaker parts for him.

Part of why i think the film will kinda suffer with this full circle nonsense but i have to see it before i judge it

And the RT percentage will continue to rise.......in the end, from what we've read from critics and fans alike, this film DELIVERS and then some.....Nolan rules.

BUT... there are sum peepz who are nut down with da Nolun TDKR-show, so I tink da movie is going to be da suck.

You shouldn't see any movie then. And how is 86% bad?

:wow::doh::dry:

LOL.

There are only 76 reviews counted, for a big movie like TDKR there will be around 300 reviews, so 224 more to come and I am getting tired of seeing negative reviews, tomato-meter can go up or down.

I am convinced that I will like this movie so I am out of here till I watch it.

Part of why i think the film will kinda suffer with this full circle nonsense but i have to see it before i judge it

Germain did say that he liked those parts.

They also both agreed the last 30 minutes might be the best of the series.

They shouldn't; the positive reviews far outnumber the negatives. You didn't honestly believe this film would have all + reviews did you?

Although I would be thrilled to see a high rating, and critical acclaim is great, I NEVER choose what movies to see based on critics. What they enjoy and what I enjoy are usually very different. Don't let someone else's opinion of the movie effect your enjoyment of it. I know I won't be.

LOL.

There are only 76 reviews counted, for a big movie like TDKR there will be around 300 reviews, so 224 more to come and I am getting tired of seeing negative reviews, tomato-meter can go up or down.

I am convinced that I will like this movie so I am out of here till I watch it.
As the number of reviews increase, the fluctuation in the tomatometer will be less unless there's a heavy influx of positive/negative reviews.

When it comes to critics, I think it's good to find one that generally has the same taste as you and ignore the others. Personally, I like Richard Roeper and am waiting for his review but the majority is definitely positive so I'm not worried one bit.

They shouldn't; the positive reviews far outnumber the negatives. You didn't honestly believe this film would have all + reviews did you?

Not that I expect a perfect score but the fact that some reviewers are giving flimsy excuses for their dislike of the movie like It does not have a unpredictable, charismatic villain, run time, not entertaining like Avengers.

They may be right but I think that they are giving unreasonable weight age to those facts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"