The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 128 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I knew critics would be like this though... Some love it, and some say its "Not as good as TDK". I always thought Begins was a better film, and didn't really understand why TDK was such a "critical" success. So any negative or "okay" reviews, I'm not worried about.

Critics can say they needed a better villain than Bane. But a villain is mainly judged on the severity of their plan, which reflects their nature. Bane actually achieves his plan (blowing up the bridges, ruling the place with an iron grip). That sounds like a good villain to me. Anyway, that's how opinion goes, and I need to see the movie first.

I knew critics would be like this though... Some love it, and some say its "Not as good as TDK". I always thought Begins was a better film, and didn't really understand why TDK was such a "critical" success. So any negative or "okay" reviews, I'm not worried about.

The constant references to how great TDK was in these reviews just makes me think it's even more overrated than I realized.

Tdk was more praised because the film actually had better all around acting...the action was better n the film felt larger on a grander scale

I'm surprised that a few members in here weren't expecting less Batman upon learning that Bruce gets locked up.

Will we still have to use spoiler tags after the midnight showing on Thursday night? I've got a lot of questions for everyone!

Tdk was more praised because the film actually had better all around acting...the action was better n the film felt larger on a grander scale

Begins had a better story IMO

I don't know about that. The acting has received quite a bit of praise in TDKR. The action seems to have been scaled up too, but we haven't seen the movie so...

Will we still have to use spoiler tags after the midnight showing on Thursday night? I've got a lot of questions for everyone!

You can always go to any other thread filled with spoilers.

I'm surprised that a few members in here weren't expecting less Batman upon learning that Bruce gets locked up.
BB and TDK has the same amount of bat-time in the movies, and we didn't even see Batman until about an hour into BB. So I was expecting the same, if not more, especially with how much longer the film is.

I actually really like what I'm hearing about less Batman...because I'm almost positive the Batman time we do get in this one is going to be so damn epic and bad***.

During Begins, I was never "Waiting" for Batman to show up...I was enjoying Bruce's journey to become him. Then when it happened and we got that first scene at the docks...oh man that was awesome.

I'm really looking forward to Bruce's struggles in the beginning and his eventual journey back into Batman. Awesome!

Agree completely.

My favourite part of the whole trilogy is the first hour of BB.

Nolan and Bale have managed to make Bruce Wayne so much more interesting to me than "Batman". "Batman" is cool. Bruce Wayne is an epic character with an epic journey (part of the reason why I love the 8 year gap, if start adding all these different adventures, challenges, fights, enemies to it little by little you cheapen the effect of everything, imo )

The same thing happened with TDKR. Better acting, bigger action, huge scale!

Well, some people may not be seeing it till late Friday, Sat, or Sun, so probably yes.

Probably just have to stay in the spoiler thread. Heh, I think you can go there now.

I would be interested to go to a parallel universe where Heath Ledger was still alive and see where the TDK hype and adulation stands. Don't get me wrong I absolutely LOVE Ledger's Joker. He's my #2 Joker of all time (Mark Hammil gets #1 for obvious reasons). But I can't help, but think his passing in some way added to the acclaim that role gets. I'm probably waaayyy off base here, but that's just my two cents.

Probably the major factor for it, although with a longer running time and it being the end of the trilogy, I'm just hoping it isn't drastically less.

Roger Ebert rated Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter 3/4 and he has now rated TDKR 3/4. Sorry Mr. Ebert i think you are slipping. TDKR and Vampire Hunter on the same level. Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"