The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 127 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just have a feeling that not seeing Batman too much is gonna make his scenes feel even more grander. It may be a negative for him but it may end up just helping the emotional connection to the story even more for us. You never know.

Yeah, I was thinking something like that.

Might as well change the name to bruce wayne rises...he better not have less time as batman in this film considering its almost a 3hr film

I personally look at it as Bruce Wayne Rises as Bruce Wayne story from beginning to the end, Bruce Wayne is The Dark Knight, Batman just a nickname for an extension of Bruce

Again, for me, my opinion, my feelings

Nolans Dark Knight Trilogy - Story of Bruce Wayne

Batman - Kick Ass Cool costume that Bruce Wayne uses as a symbol and to frighten criminals

That's the reason why I love this trilogy so much, because it is about Bruce Wayne, if it concentrated not on a story but on showing Batman as much as possible kicking ass and taking names it would be "fun" and just that....

Might as well change the name to bruce wayne rises...he better not have less time as batman in this film considering its almost a 3hr film

I wholeheartedly disagree. Even without the suit, this Bruce Wayne still remains the Dark Knight.

I just have a feeling that not seeing Batman too much is gonna make his scenes feel even more grander. It may be a negative for him but it may end up just helping the emotional connection to the story even more for us. You never know.
I know what you mean. Building up a grand return with the emphasis of his age, and then we know what happens there. When he returns, there's the added weight knowing he's not invincible. The mindset he has before the Bane beatdown, and after the Bane beatdown.

T"Challa;23888907 said:
dammit. this was my main fear with Bane. The mask robs Hardy of one of his major strengths as an actor.

I suggest you watch the film before you judge Bane. If anything less, Hardy is getting praised for his ability to be intimidating with body language and eye movement. I don't see how the mask is taking away anything from Tom's exceptional acting abilities.

lol, really? Alright, now I'm worried. Even though from all the Batman scenes we have seen thus far, they look intense. First fight with Bane, introducing Catwoman to the bat-pod, jumping off the roof and laying waste to some goons on a rooftop, in the bat, final battle during the climax of the film, POV/Upside down sequence, meeting Gordon with the flares.

It can't have less Bat-time than BB and TDK.....:csad:
No one can confirm besides those involved with the making. Unless we can count the minutes like BB and TDK, there is no confirmation of this, so don't worry!

Lots of characters and stuff going on.

I guess I meant more "why", rather than "how". Phillips and Ebert's comments just make me hope that there'll be enough Bane and Batman.

Now that we lost the backing of the critics, and oscar buzz seems fading away with every passing minute and review coming out, do you understand why i want this movie to break all records? That's all we've got, folks, all what's remaining for us to talk about.

I hope it breaks the OW.

We're Batman hype members; we'll always talk about the next one to come from WB. Believe me, they're not going to want to end this cash cow.:batty: People will go see it even if it's without Bale and Nolan.

As I said, I'm pretty sure that a few of the first wave of reviews mentioned that this works brilliantly.

Anyone know, out of all the films, what is the lowest time we actually see Bruce in the suit? And by all the films I mean starting with 89' to TDK.

I know someone posted a link to a page that had all the times.

Yeah I mean, we've only got 8 bad reviews and about 40 reviews that are praising the film...I think the "doesn't match TDK" comment in the consensus is a little ridiculous since a majority of top critics do not feel that way and it seems they wrote that due to negative reviews being the first batch.

It's getting highly praised but the math of RT just isn't reflecting the good reactions enough and that's kind of what sucks.

For the people still worrying about Ebert's positive review. . . can't believe I'm saying that :funny:

Here are a few movies he's also given 3/4 Stars - Just to put it into perspective

The Avengers
The Prestige
Memento
The Godfather Part II

I sure hope I enjoy him because he's in the movie A LOT from what people say. Just as much as Bruce, Bane, and Selina.

From what I've read,

his character takes center stage during the 2nd Act, and surprise, surprise, that's where most critics say the film gets dragged out. Plus it isn't JGL that I am worried about, it's just that Blake just comes off as a really boring mary sue character.

I know we are supposed to respect each others opinions and stuff, but man some people on here really need to chill the f* out

Something I've decided after (foolishly) reading one too many comments sections: the word "fanboy" needs to be excised from the English language. It's become a smug, derisive comment that is almost impossible to argue against.

For the people still worrying about Ebert's positive review. . . can't believe I'm saying that :funny:

Here are a few movies he's also given 3/4 Stars - Just to put it into perspective

The Avengers
The Prestige
Memento

The Godfather Part II
:wow: :doh:

As I said, I'm pretty sure that a few of the first wave of reviews mentioned that this works brilliantly.

It has worked brilliantly thus far. I give kudos to Burton who understood this with his two Bat-films. But I feel he didn't pull it off as well as Nolan, because his Bruce Wayne didn't really have any real arc/goals.

But anyways, props to Burton and Nolan for giving us Batman at the right and crucial times.

Wow, some people on here are acting like this movie is at 60% rotten or something. I don't get. I don't know if they're trolling or being serious?

The Avengers
The Prestige
Memento
The Godfather Part II

Blade Runner, Once Upon A Time In the West....

He gave two and a half to Unforgiven :doh:

As I said, Ebert is a great film critic but he is not the cosmic law of movie quality.

The Avengers
The Prestige
Memento
The Godfather Part II
Yeah since when was Ebert's opinion the deciding factor? He's had his fair share of **** ups.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"