The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 127 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"It lacks the near-perfection of "The Dark Knight" (2008), it needs more clarity and a better villain, but it's an honorable finale."

I wanted to think that Ebert is ******** because he wasn't invited to see it earlier, but his review is good and seems reasonable.

I honestly believe Ebert's luke-warm review was influenced by the nasty fan backlash towards some of the critics. Ebert seemed very opinionated about that.

Maybe I'm in denial.

From what I've read,

his character takes center stage during the 2nd Act, and surprise, surprise, that's where most critics say the film gets dragged out. Plus it isn't JGL that I am worried about, it's just that Blake just comes off as a really boring mary sue character.

Seriously? I really don't like the sound of that.

For the people still worrying about Ebert's positive review. . . can't believe I'm saying that :funny:

Here are a few movies he's also given 3/4 Stars - Just to put it into perspective

The Avengers
The Prestige
Memento
The Godfather Part II

And he gave Prometheus 4 stars. I'm a fan of his writing and his personality so I love reading his reviews though he can be off a lot of the times. He gave Fight Club 2 1/2 out of 4 also.

Travesty, you were right. BB/TDK had the same amount of screentime! Not that I doubted you, but I didn't remember it like that.

I honestly believe Ebert's luke-warm review was influenced by the nasty fan backlash towards some of the critics. Ebert seemed very opinionated about that.

Maybe I'm in denial.

Why would you be in denial... Is Roger Eberts opinion really that important to you?

Wow, some people on here are acting like this movie is at 60% rotten or something. I don't get. I don't know if they're trolling or being serious?
They're just mad because it's getting rated slightly lower than TDK.

Someone needs to do a manip of that GIF of Bruce climbing the prison pit and there's a 90% score at the top. :hehe:

RiseTomato.gif

And he gave Prometheus 4 stars. I'm a fan of his writing and his personality so I love reading his reviews though he can be off a lot of the times. He gave Fight Club 2 1/2 out of 4 also.

He gave it 2 stars. Which I agree with.

I actually really like what I'm hearing about less Batman...because I'm almost positive the Batman time we do get in this one is going to be so damn epic and bad***.

During Begins, I was never "Waiting" for Batman to show up...I was enjoying Bruce's journey to become him. Then when it happened and we got that first scene at the docks...oh man that was awesome.

I'm really looking forward to Bruce's struggles in the beginning and his eventual journey back into Batman. Awesome!

Wow, some people on here are acting like this movie is at 60% rotten or something. I don't get. I don't know if they're trolling or being serious?

We're just a little spoiled i think. Even I had disappointed feelings at first, but then it hit me how stupid I was being. I mean this is still easily the highest rated third installment in a comic book series so far right?

I checked my guide and the episodes are driven by the villains that were used in the Dark Knight trilogy. So Joker, Two-Face, Scarecrow, Ra's Al Ghul, Bane and Catwoman are all showcased. :yay:

Oh wow. That's really awesome. I'm gonna record it since when it's on, I'll be seeing TDKR. :D

Blake is meant to be a very strong point. Blake is prbably the central character in Gotham when Bruce is in prison.

He also gave The Amazing Spider-Man a 3.5/4 (Higher than both The Dark Knight Rises and The Avengers), which is. . .

Eh, I'm not gonna' comment on what that exactly is :funny:

Take it for what you will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95