The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 129 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone still crying over the "horrible" RT score(LOL) look at metacritic. I am pretty impressed with an 82 there so far. Especially when you factor in the totally expected thrashing Rex Reed gave the film.

212afph.jpg
Marion: **** that. I'm looking pretty.

Any way you could elaborate on how it feels different without giving away spoilers?
Spoiler tags just to be sure.
There are long stretches where Batman isn't in the movie. Quite a lot of focus on other characters in dialogue scenes. And it's just a feeling you get. It has a different type of vibe about it.

Anyone still crying over the "horrible" RT score(LOL) look at metacritic. I am pretty impressed with an 82 there so far. Especially when you factor in the totally expected thrashing Rex Reed gave the film.

This is peace time now.

Can I just say that as one of the review wranglers on here, these reviews have been hardly "lukewarm" or "mixed" as some people here are asserting.

The reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. In fact some known Nolan haters have even gone - on record now - to say that this is his best work yet. The fact that it has a lower rating than The Dark Knight is such a trivial observation. First of all, look at the damn average rating! :funny: Second of all, have you checked Metacritic lately :lmao: And third of all, even if it does end up at an 86%, that would be the same rating that Inception has. Y'know that incredibly beautiful movie that took home the most Academy Awards a couple years ago? :whatever:

I'll say this - It's probably going to end up somewhere around a 89-91%, which is unbelievably well received - arguably the best this year. I'm not disappointed at all. If you were to read these reviews in full, it'd be clear that Nolan gave us the best trilogy of all time.

Wait.

People. . .not. . .reading things fully? And not respecting other people's dissenting opinions? :wow:

What is this sorcery!!! :argh:

/Relaxeveryone:funny:

I agree. There is a lot of positive reviews that won't count on RT.

Christian Bale is the only actor im disappointed in when it comes to promoting the film. Besides Nolan, This is HIS movie. He IS the Star. Yet he didn't do any interviews just the press junket ones and the featurette. He neevr likes to promote the movies and when he has to...he checks out and is just uninterested & Uninvested in the promo. That is sad. Maybe his outrage situation of terminator, albeit being 3 years ago, is still getting to him. Like maybe he still feels awful or something idk. What do you guys think?

mRb6i.jpg

They just realized that a website that have been promoting and marketing this premier (host, red carpet, ..etc) just gave it a negative review to this film : (SKY MOVIES HD :lmao: )

Last edited:
Spoiler tags just to be sure.
There are long stretches where Batman isn't in the movie. Quite a lot of focus on other characters in dialogue scenes. And it's just a feeling you get. It has a different type of vibe about it.

I'm getting the vibe that...

even if Batman ends up victorious, there is still a lot of sadness at how he ended up to where he is and just the state of his being.

Christian Bale is the only actor im disappointed in when it comes to promoting the film. Besides Nolan, This is HIS movie. He IS the Star. Yet he didn't do any interviews just the press junket ones and the featurette. He neevr likes to promote the movies and when he has to...he checks out and is just uninterested & Uninvested in the promo. That is sad. Maybe his outrage situation of terminator, albeit being 3 years ago, is still getting to him. Like maybe he still feels awful or something idk. What do you guys think?

I think he hates answering stupid, generic questions over and over again...And he also hates celebrity worshiping culture.

For Bale Batman fans, there's an awesome moment

at the end when Batman is standing over Bane full on shouting at him, ala the Joker interrogation but even louder. It was very primal.
How would you rank TDKR in trilogy?
I am a big fan of what I saw. I am still digesting it and going over everything (BB and TDK have the benefit of time, knowing them backwards) but I think it's up there with TDK for sure.

AnneFan, how much times do you intend to see it? If you do, of course.

I am a big fan of what I saw. I am still digesting it and going over everything (BB and TDK have the benefit of time, knowing them backwards) but I think it's up there with TDK for sure.

Awesome!

Yes, I figure it'll take us numerous viewings to digest everything Nolan has served to us. ChrisB said that Chris threw so many things at us in surprising fashion.

this
John Robin Blake
thing. Can't be real right?

I'm getting the vibe that...

even if Batman ends up victorious, there is still a lot of sadness at how he ended up to where he is and just the state of his being.
I wanted to give the guy a hug for real. As I said before, in the final fight he wins in the end, but it's not a complete flogging. He does get an advantage over Bane for a moment, and then it's taken away straight after. When he takes away the bomb and the subsequent scenes after it is sad, but the movie ends on a hopeful note.
AnneFan, how much times do you intend to see it? If you do, of course.
I will see it again, of course. I won't put a number on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

• C. Lee
    Superherohype Administrator

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member