The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 130 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
jil3pc.gif

That gif is great! *tony the tiger voice*

mRb6i.jpg

They just realized that a website that have been promoting and marketing this premier (host, red carpet, ..etc) just gave it a negative review to this film : (SKY MOVIES HD :lmao: )

Morgan : WTF?
Anne: YUCK!
Bale: what did they say about me?
Marion: :whatever:
Hardy:Nolan gonna be pissed

Tom, Bale, and Nolan introducing the film!

DoomsdayApex - some feedback on Bane. Spoilers in there, so you don't have to read it if you don't want to.

I can't see you being disappointed with Bane. As I've said he has Batman's number pretty much the whole time in combat. Batman only really gets an advantage over him once. And to those people saying about his size and sense of threat - don't worry. Bane feels big and bad. When the mask is damaged at the end, he goes ape. Like a full on venom hit from the comics.

My excitement is all but gone for the moment, when i realise i have to make the incredibly taxing trip to London (during Olympic season) and travel through the murky urban wasteland to waterloo by foot, once I'm sat down in the IMAX, THEN I'll be excited.

I've gone from frustration, to anger, to depression 4 hours after the film. I really, really wanted to love this movie, but I'm not even sure if I like it enough to buy another ticket for it this weekend. This sucks. :(

I've gone from frustration, to anger, to depression 4 hours after the film. I really, really wanted to love this movie, but I'm not even sure if I like it enough to buy another ticket for it this weekend. This sucks. :(

I thought you were gone :(

I'm wondering if there is any sort of backlash from critics thanks to the notorious nature of online bat fanatic jerks ruining it for the rest of us, with their death threats and god knows what else.

Sorry I'm sure you talked about it before already but could say in a few spoiler free quick words what you didn't like about the movie? I would really appreciate it

If you want the truth the first time I saw TDK and The Prestige I felt the exact same way, I did not like them. Sounds weird now because they are both my favorite movies. Nolan films sometimes for me anyways are not good on the first viewing because you set up expectations, and not enjoy it for what it is. I try to analyze too much.

Force yourself go see it again. You may be surprised.

Wow :wow:

I missed your earlier posts. I dont want any spoilers but could you go into detail in what ways the film disappointed you? Dont worry im not gonna roast you for your oppinions.

That bad of an experience, eh? That's rough man. I kind of thought you might give it another go and like it more the second time.

Sorry you didn't like it, maybe you should wait for the hype to die down, and let it settle in your head, and re-watch the film with your new expectations, you might like it more or at least find new things to appreciate the second time around. I always do this with films i don't love, i think the biggest example i can think of right now is Zodiac, which i hated (I would have given it a 4/10 after my first viewing), a year or so after picking it up on dvd, i rewatched it, now it's easily one of my favourite films ever. I guess having a pause button, adjusted expectations and subtitles to follow every bit of dialogue helped immensely. Point is, don't feel too down, the worse is over, all you can do is revist it down the line and either continue to be disappointed or just find something new to love about it.

DoomsdayApex - some feedback on Bane. Spoilers in there, so you don't have to read it if you don't want to.

I can't see you being disappointed with Bane. As I've said he has Batman's number pretty much the whole time in combat. Batman only really gets an advantage over him once. And to those people saying about his size and sense of threat - don't worry. Bane feels big and bad. When the mask is damaged at the end, he goes ape. Like a full on venom hit from the comics.

*fangirl squeal*

I can sense it. There's no way I'm going to be disappointed with Hardy's Bane. I've been blown away by the pics, trailer footage and prologue. Bane is going to be the baddest mofo of year.

Thanks! :grin:

Sorry I'm sure you talked about it before already but could say in a few spoiler free quick words what you didn't like about the movie? I would really appreciate it

It's just so clunky, and the characters just feel so under developed. I'm sure everyone else is going to love it, but I felt no desire to watch the movie again. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"