The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - Part 128 (NO SPOILERS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely! Some of these critics just can't seem to let The Joker go. Yes, Ledger's Joker was freakin' astronomically special but the fact that these critics can't seem to move forward without The Joker is poignant. Heath is long gone.

I'm just frustrated that the thing we care about most in this series (Bruce's journey) is once again being completely overshadowed by the Joker even though he's not even in this new movie. BB got overshadowed and most of the supposed "fans" of this franchise haven't even seen BB because they were bandwagoners. That's sad as hell to me. These reviews are confirming a lot of my cynicism about TDK's success.

The Dark Knight Rises Ultimate Trilogy Trailer

[YT]1T__uN5xmC0[/YT]

I'm guessing this is official?

Holy smokes!!! That was just amazing. The way Batman's ".....not yet" line echoed at the end, chills man!

No. No. No. No.
I can't say no enough. Seriously. That performance covered up a lot.

A lot.
Tbh thats a dumb question and reasoning. You could apply that to any good movie ever "Well if so and so's performance wasn't good the movie wouldn't be as good"

Oldman's performance during the scene where Gordon is giving orders after The Joker's hospital threat gets me every time. Pitch-perfect acting.
:hrt:

My favourite Oldman moment in TDK is:

[YT]ULGRcb5eagE[/YT]

The pain, guilt and urgency in his voice is palpable.

Tbh thats a dumb question and reasoning. You could apply that to any good movie ever "Well if so and so's performance wasn't good the movie wouldn't be as good"

Which movie/actor/character do you last remember getting as much hype and buzz as Heath's Joker?

My favourite Oldman moment is probably during the Dent finale. Putting a human being under such stress garners power in the performance. Fear, desperation and courage. Everyone's life is on the line, and Gordon was willing to sacrifice himself before his kids and wife took any inevitable bullets.

Which movie/actor/character do you last remember getting as much hype and buzz as Heath's Joker?
That's not the point. You could apply that question to any movie that has gotten high praise. Of course if the performance wasnt as good the movie wouldnt have been as good.

HUGE spoiler about why Bane wears his mask on yahoo in an article about Tom Hardy accepting the role. that was one of the biggest things I was looking foward to.

I'm just frustrated that the thing we care about most in this series (Bruce's journey) is once again being completely overshadowed by the Joker even though he's not even in this new movie. BB got overshadowed and most of the supposed "fans" of this franchise haven't even seen BB because they were bandwagoners. That's sad as hell to me. These reviews are confirming a lot of my cynicism about TDK's success.

I believe TDK to be a very very good film but I had always perceived BB to have the far better story. From what I've witnessed today, it doesnt damp TDK's accolades, in my opinion, but it undoubtedly makes me question the critics who reviewed the film. It almost seems like a portion of these critics only enjoyed TDK because of The Joker. For example, there were hardly any glowing reviews when it came to Eckhart and Oldman, and they were superb.

My favourite Oldman moment is probably during the Dent finale. Putting a human being under such stress garners power in the performance. Fear, desperation and courage. Everyone's life is on the line, and Gordon was willing to sacrifice himself before his kids took any inevitable bullets.
I love the "Goddamn it will you stop pointing that gun at my family!" line too.

Okay, okay... Really, Ledger was GREAT, but I don't wanna hear that TDK would be crap without him. The other performances were very, very good. One of my favorite scenes was Bale, Oldman and Eckhart on the rooftop. No Joker in sight. Say it wouldn't be as memorable. That's at least debatable. But it wasn't a trash movie if you remove Ledger.

I feel like batman11 did a much better job in his trilogy trailer.

[YT]jHGMLXPgoU8[/YT]

Judging from RT 86 and MC 79 and most reviews I have read from the major critics so far that The Dark Knight trilogy have finally broke the superhero trilogy curse (unless god forbid there are tons of negative reviews coming are way which I find it impossible)

We all should be very happy what nolan ultimate made in this movie in which the third movie in a superhero franchies does not suck ie x-men 3 , spiderman 3, blade 3 , batman forever and superman 3.

Thank you nolan

I'm guessing this is official?

It's not. That channel often has editors create mashups. But some of the sound editing/video quality (I'm talking resolution, not composition) should have been a dead giveaway. :o ;)

EDIT: Ha, I appreciate the plug above. :funny:

Actually, there are plenty of fine movies in which I could see other actors filling in serviceably with no loss of impact, but Ledger did something more.

And his performance did make up for a lot of narrative failings, pacing issues, and logical gaps in the movie. Just when you started to notice, boom: Joker. And suddenly none of it mattered.

I genuinely believe it can be argued he was an MVP in that pic in a way few are.

How I feel about TDK has nothing to do with buzz or hype regarding Heath. If Heath's performance sucked it would effect the film the same way as if any major character in any film sucked. TDK has problems and plenty of people get that. We still like it because ALONG with Heath it had a myriad of other wonderful things. Heath didnt keep that movie afloat all on his own and his death isnt the reason for its success. The cast, crew, countless hours of hardwork, sweat, blood, and love from everyone incolved made that film the success it was.

I'm seeing this film in 11 hours :D

I will be sure to post detailed, spoiler free impressions as soon as I leave the theatre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"