• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Dark Knight Rises The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - Part 153

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic: have you guys seen Daredevil? Amazing show. Totally fills the void left by Nolan's Batman and more.

Furthermore, I loved the fact that this Batman saw the big picture. Hamfisted as it was, he learned early on that random crimes like Joe Chill's murder of his parents were but a symptom of a larger problem. On his very first night out, he almost solved this problem. Compare this to comic book batman who had a much narrower vision. His first night consisted of brutally punishing three youngsters trying to steal a television.

There's a chicken/egg conundrum there with Ra's and the League having attacked Gotham first and created the economic downturn that helped produce Chill. In that way Ra's inadvertently helped create Batman and his own downfall, just as Falcone did when he taught Bruce a lesson on fear. But Ra's/Ducard's story is ultimately very similar to Bruce's. Another tale of a man scorned by loss and evil who sought vengeance and/or justice by becoming a legend.

Off topic: have you guys seen Daredevil? Amazing show. Totally fills the void left by Nolan's Batman and more.

I watched the hallway fight scene on youtube and was impressed. It definitely has a Nolan Batman feel to it, which I like.

The hallway fight scene is a nice nod to the original Oldboy. That show is the closest thing to Nolan's Batman that Marvel has done but it's still different. I've only seen the first few episodes because im trying to play catch-up with Game Of Thrones.

I wouldn't waste your time, this season of GOT was awful.

Im only on season 1 lol, so im willing to get through some great stuff before the so-called disappointing season 5. A lot of people are mixed on it, i know, but i also heard some really good things about the last couple of episodes (other than a massive moment).

Oh I see, I thought you were catching up on season 5. My mistake.

Private Pyle is just amazing as Wilson Fisk. Not only is he the greatest villain in the MCU, but one of the greatest in comic book history. I can only hope Lex Luthor can be played with the same ferocity and humanity.

http://kane52630.tumblr.com/post/122058134034/the-dark-knight-motion-posters-set-1

tumblr_nqa4xf9Bjn1rrkahjo1_400.gif
tumblr_nqa4xf9Bjn1rrkahjo2_400.gif

tumblr_nqa4xf9Bjn1rrkahjo3_400.gif
tumblr_nqa4xf9Bjn1rrkahjo6_400.gif

tumblr_nqa4xf9Bjn1rrkahjo5_400.gif
tumblr_nqa4xf9Bjn1rrkahjo4_400.gif

tumblr_nqa4xf9Bjn1rrkahjo7_540.gif

^^^ Epic. Batman movies at their peak.

Loving the GIFs. I might be in the minority however in preferring Katie Holmes as Rachel to Maggie Gyllenhaal. Don't get me wrong, Maggie is a much better actress but I always loved the contrast between Katie's warm nature and Bale's steeliness and how she'd light his Bruce Wayne up. Maggie's Rachel was a bit too 'tough cookie' for my likeness.

I'd agree that Holmes had better chemistry with Bale.

Dunno if you guys have seen that new article criticizing Nolan's portrayal of Two-Face. I devoted a thread / poll to it, so go visit and vote / discuss: http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=500711

This guy is not just criticizing Nolan, he's criticizing DC for having Two Face look the way he does;

It’s time we admit that Two-Face’s face is configured wrong, and that’s not just my opinion—it’s empirical fact. The people in charge of Batman should correct the situation immediately, because right now they are standing in the way of progress.

He's also deluded into thinking what he's saying is a fact. Oh yeah and he thinks Batman should have been in a swamp looking for crime when he first meets Two Face...

This guy is not just criticizing Nolan, he's criticizing DC for having Two Face look the way he does;

He's also deluded into thinking what he's saying is a fact.

I dunno, I think he makes some good points

I don't. The guy has no idea what he's talking about. He also thinks he knows better about a visual look that has sustained a character who's been one of Batman's most popular villains for over 60 years.

He might as well just write an article and say Edna Mode from The Incredibles is right and Batman should have no cape. At least that would have more credibility than a swamp dwelling Two Face, who couldn't even be called Two Face because he's only scarred from under the nose down.

Last edited:
It seems a poorly thought article.

Anyway.
Loving the GIFs. I might be in the minority however in preferring Katie Holmes as Rachel to Maggie Gyllenhaal. Don't get me wrong, Maggie is a much better actress but I always loved the contrast between Katie's warm nature and Bale's steeliness and how she'd light his Bruce Wayne up. Maggie's Rachel was a bit too 'tough cookie' for my likeness.

I think it was on purpose thought. They were drifting apart from the beginning of the film. She had a different idea of Bruce in her mind. For example, in the fundraiser she criticizes Bruce for him apparently mocking Harvey, whereas he is honest in having his hope for a better Gotham in him.

It seems a poorly thought article.

Anyway.

I think it was on purpose thought. They were drifting apart from the beginning of the film. She had a different idea of Bruce in her mind. For example, in the fundraiser she criticizes Bruce for him apparently mocking Harvey, whereas he is honest in having his hope for a better Gotham in him.
She began dating again but still with the hope that maybe Bruce can give up on Batman one day. But Maggie IMO kind of played her as if she had completely given up on Bruce from the start. I'd like to have seen warmth so that when the tragic thing happens, it really is gut wrenching. Of course it is still because at that point I cared about Bruce so much but for the relationship between him and Rachel, not so much. It really is just a minor quibble for me personally but nonetheless I love Gyllenhaal who's always proven to be a really good actress.

Lol, I didn't even read the article and I can tell Phantasm is just trolling us. :funny:

We're living in an age where people will seriously defend a Joker covered in horrendous tattoos, including on his face, so it's hard to tell if someone is kidding or not if they think a Two Face who's just scarred from the nose down would be better.

Or as John Campea put it, Joker in his Night at the Roxbury suit. I can't believe i never thought of that until friggin Campea said it.

I keep defending Leto because im sure his acting skills will be awesome but i can't defend his look. Not yet. It's like a Joker parody.

Two-Face scarred from the nose down sounds like another parody. SNL would do something like that.

Or as John Campea put it, Joker in his Night at the Roxbury suit. I can't believe i never thought of that until friggin Campea said it.

I keep defending Leto because im sure his acting skills will be awesome but i can't defend his look. Not yet. It's like a Joker parody.

Two-Face scarred from the nose down sounds like another parody. SNL would do something like that.

Yeah I love the Night at The Roxbury suit, hilarious. I've warmed up to it. Snyder I know is an Executive Producer and overall will have some leverage in the DCCU and he is a big TDKR fan. And this kinda reminds me of TDKR Joker. Who both Miller and even Grant Morrison felt Joker is this sorta David Bowie larger than life kinda character.

Batman in the Louisiana swamp. Hmmmm, I could see a Swamp thing cameo happening.

We're living in an age where people will seriously defend a Joker covered in horrendous tattoos, including on his face, so it's hard to tell if someone is kidding or not if they think a Two Face who's just scarred from the nose down would be better.

:whatever:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back