BvS The Unabashed SPOILER Thread. ENTER AT OWN RISK. - Part 6

Christ, is there anything about this movie that you dont have a problem with? You seem to be absolutely revelling in dissecting and attempting to destroy every facet of it.

They shouldn't have even marketed that this movie would have the rest of the JL in the film. Could you imagine not knowing for certain they were in it and then seeing that scene?

They shouldn't have even marketed that this movie would have the rest of the JL in the film. Could you imagine not knowing for certain they were in it and then seeing that scene?

Imagine that with Wonder Woman. Imagine if it would have been Batman v Superman with no mention of WW or Doomsday. Pretty sure many more fans would have been happy simply from info overload.

Imagine that with Wonder Woman. Imagine if it would have been Batman v Superman with no mention of WW or Doomsday. Pretty sure many more fans would have been happy simply from info overload.

Hiding WW would have been impossible I think.

It baffles me that people think the actual writing quality in this is poor. Whatever.

To me the biggest failure was the writing of the build up for the titular fight. After having spent that much time in the movie we're still stuck with Superman not even wanting to fight Batman, making the tensions and stakes between the two so low. Even worse is that had Superman acted at least somewhat rationally the fight wouldn't even have happened.

I had hoped that this fight would be an intense clash of ideologies, kind of like what Daredevil vs Punisher was but in grander, superpowered form, but it just ended up with me not caring about more than what was visually happening (and whatever I cared about the characters before I sat down in the theater).

Mjölnir;33283725 said:
To me the biggest failure was the writing of the build up for the titular fight. After having spent that much time in the movie we're still stuck with Superman not even wanting to fight Batman, making the tensions and stakes between the two so low. Even worse is that had Superman acted at least somewhat rationally the fight wouldn't even have happened.

I had hoped that this fight would be an intense clash of ideologies, kind of like what Daredevil vs Punisher was but in grander, superpowered form, but it just ended up with me not caring about more than what was visually happening (and whatever I cared about the characters before I sat down in the theater).

I was expecting a fight based on a misunderstanding, and Lex puppeteering the entire thing. Felt pretty clear that was what was going to happen over the trailers and interviews. And I got exactly what I'd expected. Superman's never going to willingly want to fight Batman to the death, it would be going against the grain of his character - in spite of what some people speculate about that scene with the terrorist at the beginning, which I still disagree with. Superman is not a killer. He might have ended Zod, but he was pushed into a very difficult situation and he decided to save an innocent and defenseless family over a mad general bad place-bent on mass murder.

I was expecting a fight based on a misunderstanding, and Lex puppeteering the entire thing. Felt pretty clear that was what was going to happen over the trailers and interviews. And I got exactly what I'd expected. Superman's never going to willingly want to fight Batman to the death, it would be going against the grain of his character - in spite of what some people speculate about that scene with the terrorist at the beginning, which I still disagree with. Superman is not a killer. He might have ended Zod, but he was pushed into a very difficult situation and he decided to save an innocent and defenseless family over a mad general bad place-bent on mass murder.

The fight never need any of the two trying to kill each other, not even Batman, that's not necessary at all. It did however need them to really want to take the other guy down, to be personally invested. Superman wasn't and he could easily have avoided the fight altogether, which would have been purely in his best interest instead of wasting precious time his mother barely has.

Even with Lex manipulating them they could still really want to fight each other in the moment, so we have some real tension. They start building a bit on Superman wanting to take the Bat down, but it's kind of lazy and then suddenly has no actual bearing on why Superman fights.

Superman also is the one that makes it a fight, as Batman is insignificant compared to him, and he does it out of pure annoyance since he got interrupted when he started talking. Instead of trying again, or forcing Batman to listen, he runs another human through a building.

At the end with Batman and Lex, did Batman put "Damaged" on Lex's head like the Joker?

Hiding WW would have been impossible I think.

They could have hide her the way they did hide Batman in Suicide Squad, fans and people following set videos know, but many are not aware, and as far as I know, he is not in posters and trailers

I never really gave too much thought of the trailers showing WW and Doomsday and how people were saying they showed too much but seeing your comment and thinking if they could of kept BOTH of those a secret.....that would of been amazing. I'm sure people could of speculated who Gal was playing but damn, I wish they wouldn't of shown them in the trailers now.

A question: Was Superman crying in the aftermath of the Capitol building blowing up? Amid the raging fires.

He looked disappointed, as if he knew he got baited.

I was told he was clearly crying, and that proved his devastation at the turn of events. It wasn't clear that he's crying then? Just want to get a second opinion.

Completely agreed.

A question: Was Superman crying in the aftermath of the Capitol building blowing up? Amid the raging fires.

Yes. His face is wet with tears.

I was told he was clearly crying, and that proved his devastation at the turn of events. It wasn't clear that he's crying then? Just want to get a second opinion.

I must've missed that, because I didn't notice him crying.

I mean, I guess it could be sweat... if this interpretation of Superman perspires?

He's crying. His eyes are watering, even if his face isn't wet. He lowers his head in pain and then looks up with watering eyes.

Aquaman was kind of "You kids get off my lawn!" I dug it. That and his glowing eyes.

wow the haters are still at it? that's some deep obsession you guys have with running this film into the ground. most of you aren't even regulars on this particular forum. but now you're everywhere non-stop and picking at the smallest of nits.
Don't you have better things to do?

Wait, was Ma kent in Metropolis, or did she get kidnapped from Smallville..?

I wonder if we will find out how Lex got that picture of Diana and how he even became aware of her in the present day in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"