Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - Part 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
exactly. I never got why MS has artists like Meinerding or Granov working for them but never went the route of painted theatrical posters. Especially when the photoshopped ones were as sloppy and lazy as the TA or the IM3 poster

Indirectly, of course, but looks like Beta Ray Bill is getting closer and closer to the MCU:

DCMF posted a callsheet on CBM (now taken down) for some shooting scenes on GOTG in the UK. More details over on the GOTG thread for those interested in that movie, but Thor fans will be excited to hear that Ti Asha Ra is a character in one of the scenes. For those who don't know: Ti Asha Ra is the last female Korbinite --- i.e., Beta Ray Bill's people. Someone even posted a comic panel of her last page in this or another TDW thread, iirc.

I hope BRB stays away for a while. No need to make Thor less unique just yet.

But isnt he Algrim before he becomes Kurse? If it's Heimdall then it doesnt really look like Elba to me, especially as Elba's Heimdall has a beard.
True, It probably IS Algrim. I was thinking that top Dark elf was Malekith and the lower face was Heimdal because all the other Dark elves' Faces are covered. The blue hue over the whole thing doesn't help any

They can adapt him into the MCU without making him a blatant ripoff.

Trust me, I used to be someone who thought the idea of him was utterly ridiculous. But who the hell wouldn't want to see he and Thor battle it out for possession of the Mjolnir?

I would rather they have Bill around in his Cyborg form longer than they did in the comics, and only BREIFLY allow him to use the power of Thor use save his people.

EDIT: tho I still think that BRB/Thor to ME at least is a COSMIC version of Thor

While I understand why you would say that, I don't think BRB makes Thor any less unique as they are still quite different characters. Someone was going to come along and pick up MJOLNIR eventually. I love the character and would love to see him, but I could understand waiting for a later film.

See that would be a great way to showcase Thor's strength. Show him getting into a match with Algrim with the both of them ripping it up strength wise. Then when Kurse comes on the scene we have a good criteria to judge how strong he has become.

I want Thor to decisively defeat Algrim though, I don't want it to be equal since Algrim needs a reason to get more powerful. I'd like for Algrim to put up a good match at the beginning, then I want Thor to overpower him and show that he's on another level than Algrim.

Well that's more or less what I meant. Have Thor vs. Algrim show big power moments from both, but we can tell before it's even over Thor is a monster when it comes to physical power. When Kurse shows up and can more than match his strength we see Thor unleash his other powers as well as be cunning.

sounds good. Im not that familiar with Thor's extended rogues gallery. How do the hardcore Thor geeks feel about the choice of villain?

While I understand why you would say that, I don't think BRB makes Thor any less unique as they are still quite different characters. Someone was going to come along and pick up MJOLNIR eventually. I love the character and would love to see him, but I could understand waiting for a later film.

Quite a few individuals can pick up Thor's hammer. It would be interesting to see which of them will actually pick it up in the MCU.

Quite a few individuals can pick up Thor's hammer. It would be interesting to see which of them will actually pick it up in the MCU.

Has to be BW. And she will do it without using her hands!

What if Jane dies in Dark World and goes to Hel? At the end, Thor heads into Hel to rescue her.

In Thor 3, Odin grants powers to Beta Ray Bill while Thor is away from Asgard.

Well that's more or less what I meant. Have Thor vs. Algrim show big power moments from both, but we can tell before it's even over Thor is a monster when it comes to physical power. When Kurse shows up and can more than match his strength we see Thor unleash his other powers as well as be cunning.

Oh yeah well when you put it like that I definately agree with you on this. :highfive:

sounds good. Im not that familiar with Thor's extended rogues gallery. How do the hardcore Thor geeks feel about the choice of villain?

I feel pretty good about it, I always wanted to see Kurse on the big screen and I'm stoked to see what they do with Malekith. I was initially hoping for Enchantress and Executioner as the main villains, but I'm satisfied woth the villains we got.

I am cool with it. I like it, since it leads into Surtur.

I always envisioned this perfect trilogy conclusion, a movie with surtur as the main villain, bringing Ragnarok. Jormungand is mentioned in prophecy in Thor 2, and through out thor 3. Thor 3 is all about Surtur, Surtur is defeated, and for the last 20 minutes or so of the movie, in a fourth act, the serpent emerges after ragnarok wanting to destroy earth, and he and thor fight in a much similar manner to their fight in the Simmonson run..resulting in Thor's death (then revival for avengers 3) :p

Hey, folks, the Tonight Show just came on and Zachary Levi is going to be on. He's listed as an actor from Thor: The Dark World, so hopefully he's going to talk about the film. I normally don't watch Leno, but it came on after the news and I noticed Levi's name.

I am cool with it. I like it, since it leads into Surtur.

I always envisioned this perfect trilogy conclusion, a movie with surtur as the main villain, bringing Ragnarok. Jormungand is mentioned in prophecy in Thor 2, and through out thor 3. Thor 3 is all about Surtur, Surtur is defeated, and for the last 20 minutes or so of the movie, in a fourth act, the serpent emerges after ragnarok wanting to destroy earth, and he and thor fight in a much similar manner to their fight in the Simmonson run..resulting in Thor's death (then revival for avengers 3) :p

I HIGHLY doubt that we're going to get Surtur and Jormungand in Thor 3, but if we do I would love to see this.

Hey, folks, the Tonight Show just came on and Zachary Levi is going to be on. He's listed as an actor from Thor: The Dark World, so hopefully he's going to talk about the film. I normally don't watch Leno, but it came on after the news and I noticed Levi's name.

so did he say anything new?

Indirectly, of course, but looks like Beta Ray Bill is getting closer and closer to the MCU:

DCMF posted a callsheet on CBM (now taken down) for some shooting scenes on GOTG in the UK. More details over on the GOTG thread for those interested in that movie, but Thor fans will be excited to hear that Ti Asha Ra is a character in one of the scenes. For those who don't know: Ti Asha Ra is the last female Korbinite --- i.e., Beta Ray Bill's people. Someone even posted a comic panel of her last page in this or another TDW thread, iirc.

It was me and here it is for anyone that wants to see it again if you missed it the first time.
GalactusFight_0004.jpg

Remember Bill had a Sphere with the lives/Essences of the Korbinites? THAT is what Big G is referring too. Read Saga of Stormbreaker
It was me and here it is for anyone that wants to see it again if you missed it the first time.
GalactusFight_0004.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back