Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - - Part 15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would use the word old but yeah fair enough :)

I never meant that Asgardians had anything to do with relations.

Skyfathers: Odin > Zeus right?
Skyfather´s son: Odin -> Thor
Weaker skyfather´s son:Zeus -> Herc
=> Thor > Herc in terms of powers, right?
Weaker skyfathers brothers son: Zeus = The Mentor -> Thanos.

So that´s why Thanos should be weaker than Thor. These are just estimations. I say both sons of Chronos are equal but that´s no exact science.
There aren´t any proof that just because Zeus is weaker than Odin, Herc must be weaker than Thor but I think like that. That´s what I meant with "in my book".

Thor has no relation to Thanos, Herc and Thanos do however. That is ofc if this is legit. (Thought I threw it away but I found it) :D

Here are links to the picture below if you want to read the text or just a better look of it.
Page 1: http://2imgs.com/4f3c0d27f4
Page 2: http://i44.tinypic.com/2lnwn0l.png

1291440_10201303487244035_814816773_n.jpg

I´ll try to catch up tomorrow. I´m 6h ahead U.S time so it R tiem for bed :)

Odin > Zeus ? They seem about equal to me.
1569909-chaos_war__3_011.jpg

62.jpg

71.jpg

Anybody else picked up a copy of Empire today? I got a copy today and was surprised with how much Thor stuff is in it, over 10 pages dedicated to the film plus the front cover and contents page!

Listen...

It started with someone comparing Thanos to Thor. So I talked earlier about Thanos strength before he ever got risen from the dead or became one with the cube because that´s when Thor might have beeb able to take him. And also at this point he hasn´t fought Odin. At that point he only has the cybernetic enchancement that I haven´t been able to find details about but I do know EON boosted Captain Marvel and some others fought Thanos at this point so that´s is my referece to why I still think he beats Thor even before he got risen from the dead. That ressurected Thanos isn´t comparable to Thor IMO.

Anyway that pic I showed you is from my old Captain america v1 colection and at that point Thanos has been introduced 4-5 in the Marvel comics, ever.

MY point is as I said earlier is that I think Thanos was born naturally weaker than Thor, see # 69. But as I said in #58, Thanos was always a lot smarter. We could see that when Moondragon explains to Daredevil about her origin. At one flashback we see all the kids playing and Thanos just standing there with his hands behind his back observing the situation. Anyways, smart as he was, he enchanced himself to become stronger than the likes of Thor. Or atleast he seems to be from the old comics.

And for those of you that still, after having pictures with text clearly showing that the Olympians are related to the Eternals or titans, I don´t know what more I can do. I haven´t read all there is out there. And a lot of comics might be totally different. But I brought this up becuase at this point in time when Captain Marvel was in release of V1, the same time as the Thanos I am comparing was active, at that time, Zeus was the brother of Mentor and he took the throne of olympus. I don´t know about what´s true or not, at this point someone wrote it like this (see links in #69) and if I haven´t read anything else that as clearly shows this origin of Zeus/Mentor, how can I know? Everything I present is legit (imo ofc).

They're not related. This link will help you to clear this confusion: :)

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/archive/index.php/t-338669.html

I'm gonna have to pick this one up soon, can you tell me a few of the highlights?
Putting it in spoiler tags in case someone doesn't want to know anything about the issue.

Young Thor (in the viking era) explains why he visits Midgard so frequently.

Modern Thor visits people across the globe. A man on death row in the US, some kids in Rio de Janeiro, some Christian nuns in France, a monk in Tibet, etc. Mostly short stuff but we get to see people react to him.

A possible new romantic interest is introduced.

Thor visits Jane Foster, who has cancer. She doesn't want help with the disease by any mystical means but he gets to do her one favor, so he takes her on a trip to the moon. Jane also manages to deliver the perfect threat to Thor.

King Thor in the future visits Midgard, which is not in the state one might hope.

They're not related. This link will help you to clear this confusion: :)

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/archive/index.php/t-338669.html

Thx for linking that man! Newer writing that I didn´t read has changed stuff so yeah they aren´t related, but keeping in mind I haven´t read that newer material, it´s completely understandable that I thought they were related.

Someone said Zeus and Odin are pretty equal, I don´t know about that but there must be some big Thor fan that could properly answer that. I was under the impression that Odin was the stronger skyfather :D

Thx for linking that man! Newer writing that I didn´t read has changed stuff so yeah they aren´t related, but keeping in mind I haven´t read that newer material, it´s completely understandable that I thought they were related.

Someone said Zeus and Odin are pretty equal, I don´t know about that but there must be some big Thor fan that could properly answer that. I was under the impression that Odin was the stronger skyfather :D

Sorry if I sounded like a broken record in those posts.:woot:

Oh, and Odin is the top skyfather. He had feats, in his best days, that were comparable to anything that beings like Galactus have ever done (he destroyed a galaxy effortlessly once). Zeus doesn't have comparable showings so far.

So there has been som interesting things brought up.

1. Odin is in the same league as Galactus but he isn´t as powerful. As someone said, Odin´s powers fluctuates and so does Galactus (if he misses his galactic mealtime). So I guess they are even enough to challange eachother but IMO Galactus is generally stronger. Also, raw power isn´t everythign in a fight.

2. The hand being cut off and Thor´s destroyer looking like arm in the recent 11 issue of Thor, yeah that would be awesome. Jaqua, I also thought about that when I first saw King Thor´s arm. I think it´s a little early to cut his arm so maybe it was a vision of when Thanos (TA 3) or Surtur (Thor 3) cuts it?

3. I´ve read a lot Thanos recently and his powers are crazy. If we just compare their physical power, Thor does stand a small chance. But Thanos is all about knowledge so he would win.

See, Thanos before draining the cosmic cube or getting powers from Miss Death is extremely strong. This is partly because he was born strong but also because of his cybernetic enchancements that I don´t know any details of. We know that the cosmic entity Chronos once was a being walking around casually. Olympus was at war. It was Chronos and Oceanus that fought a dude called Uranus who was a mmad titan warrior. Anyways Chronos had 2 sons. Zeus and the Mentor. Zeus embraced the way of the old titans as a warrior whilst The Mentor was like Kronos (all about peace, Chronos swore to never use violence after the war against Uranus killed so many). One peaceful experimenting day one of the cosmic cubes exploaded and blasted Chronos with it but he was so strong that he didn´t die so he merged with the universe. Anyway, somehow Zeus took Chronos throne of Olympus and The Mentor was cast out and went to titan where war had destroyed the place but one woman had survived. Together they rebuilt Titan with the peaceful ways of Chronos. The Mentor and his son Eros kept the peace going for along time but his other Son Thanos as you might guess, inherited the war side of the family.

It´s not exact science but in my book Thor Odinson was born naturally stronger than Thanos but he wasn´t as intelligent, but still more powerful. Thanos, son of the brother of Zeus, should be weaker since the likes of Herc are weaker than Thor (correct me if I am wrong). Thanos intellect allowed him to enhance himself so that when we first see him in IM (50 something I think) with the blood brothers he is already stronger than Thor. I am thinking about Thanos fight with the EON boosted Captain Marvel.

^Fair enough conjecture, Mightyally; but Thanos is also a Deviant. Meaning he doesn't inherit the same genetics as Mentor, his father. He evolved into something much more powerful than his "normal" Eternal brother Eros.

I would use the word old but yeah fair enough :)

I never meant that Asgardians had anything to do with relations.

Skyfathers: Odin > Zeus right?
Skyfather´s son: Odin -> Thor
Weaker skyfather´s son:Zeus -> Herc
=> Thor > Herc in terms of powers, right?
Weaker skyfathers brothers son: Zeus = The Mentor -> Thanos.

So that´s why Thanos should be weaker than Thor. These are just estimations. I say both sons of Chronos are equal but that´s no exact science.
There aren´t any proof that just because Zeus is weaker than Odin, Herc must be weaker than Thor but I think like that. That´s what I meant with "in my book".

Thor has no relation to Thanos, Herc and Thanos do however. That is ofc if this is legit. (Thought I threw it away but I found it) :D

Here are links to the picture below if you want to read the text or just a better look of it.

1291440_10201303487244035_814816773_n.jpg

I´ll try to catch up tomorrow. I´m 6h ahead U.S time so it R tiem for bed :)

Don't know man. Not too sure what you are saying. Are you saying that before Thanos got his power ups from death he was weaker than Thor?

After the recon in Thanos rising, he has augmented his powers, and not too sure if they said anything about his strength. But it doesn't matter, Thanos has always been physically superior to Thor, I would say. Regardless of how he was born, it doesn't matter. He was stronger than Thor back when he first left Titan probably.

One of his first appearances he fought with Drax, physically, the planet they were on was destroyed as collateral.

Thanos' weapon is his mind, sure, his durability, sure. But that's a misconception about him, that his mind is his only weapon. Even without his intellect, he is still physically strong enough and powerful enough at this point to dominate the likes of Thor..Thanos is a smart guy. Yeah. But there's so much about how he gains power over the years, it's tough to say how he was born. Thor was born with mythical powers. Thanos was not. But from what I remember, he was always physically superior to most characters, before any of his death upgrades.

Sorry if I sounded like a broken record in those posts.:woot:

Oh, and Odin is the top skyfather. He had feats, in his best days, that were comparable to anything that beings like Galactus have ever done (he destroyed a galaxy effortlessly once). Zeus doesn't have comparable showings so far.

Pretty sure that galaxy was destroyed as collateral with his battle with an abstract being. I wouldn't fully say he destroyed the galaxy fully under his own power. I don't doubt he could, Surtur has, and they are equals.

Anybody else picked up a copy of Empire today? I got a copy today and was surprised with how much Thor stuff is in it, over 10 pages dedicated to the film plus the front cover and contents page!

Anything new in there?

Don't know man. Not too sure what you are saying. Are you saying that before Thanos got his power ups from death he was weaker than Thor?

After the recon in Thanos rising, he has augmented his powers, and not too sure if they said anything about his strength. But it doesn't matter, Thanos has always been physically superior to Thor, I would say. Regardless of how he was born, it doesn't matter. He was stronger than Thor back when he first left Titan probably.

One of his first appearances he fought with Drax, physically, the planet they were on was destroyed as collateral.

Thanos' weapon is his mind, sure, his durability, sure. But that's a misconception about him, that his mind is his only weapon. Even without his intellect, he is still physically strong enough and powerful enough at this point to dominate the likes of Thor..Thanos is a smart guy. Yeah. But there's so much about how he gains power over the years, it's tough to say how he was born. Thor was born with mythical powers. Thanos was not. But from what I remember, he was always physically superior to most characters, before any of his death upgrades.

Pretty sure that galaxy was destroyed as collateral with his battle with an abstract being. I wouldn't fully say he destroyed the galaxy fully under his own power. I don't doubt he could, Surtur has, and they are equals.

Nah man. I said that even before Thanos ressurection boost by Death he was stronger than Thor thx to cybernetic experiments. Look at what I said again: "If we just compare their physical power, Thor does stand a small chance. But Thanos is all about knowledge so he would win." I basically say Thor is weaker in terms of phys powers but that little chance he has isn´t real since Thanos mind would prevail.

My point was originally that Thor < Thanos, always. The early Thanos is the weakest Thanos, and that Thanos was written at the same time as Cap Marvel v1. I used this Thanos to compare the two (him and Thor) because Thanos was at his weakest. To compare Thanos Quest Thanos wouldn´t even be fair. But Thanos was so smart (way smarter than Thor) so he made himseld more powerful, so Thor never stood a chance but before the un-detailed cybernetic experiments (the natural Thanos) might be weaker than Thor, but Thanos was always smarter so even then, he might win.

What I meant though, was that Thanos should be naturally born weaker than Thor (pure power) cause Zeus is weaker than Odin and Zeus brothers son is Thanos. This cause in Captain Marvel I read something (see piuctures) that clearly says Thanos uncle is Zeus. But once again, I said that this is no exact science but "in my book" the son of the weaker skyfather Zeus (Herc) is weaker than the stronger skyfathers son (Thor). Same principle goes with Thanos and Thor "in my book" but we don´t know the wife of Mentor, which genes he inherited etc.... but that´s imo the best way of trying to compare Thor and Thanos if we don´t have a battle between them.

BUT that Captain Marvel writing is old and has been changed in later issues I haven´t read. Thor Odinsson showed me some about that, but even before he showed this I said that I claming this is fairly legit since if it was true once and changed and since I never catched wind of the change it would be fair to say that I was right in a way. But that depends if someone is willing to accept the fact that someone might say something without checking it up online or modern comics before.

Last edited:
Well yeah, he was born weaker, but that's irrelevant, isn't it? Cause at that point, Thanos was a nobody. He wasn't even a pirate at that point yet, I don't believe.

Weren't the Eternals created by the celestials? I still don't see how they are related to the Olympians. From what I understood, they Eternals who went to Greece were mistaken as the Olympians, but they weren't THE Olympians, the Gods of Earth.

Last edited:

Oops, you're correct, mate.

Mjölnir;26755849 said:
Isn't that when Zeus is backed by the Chaos King?

Exactly.

Well yeah, he was born weaker, but that's irrelevant, isn't it? Cause at that point, Thanos was a nobody. He wasn't even a pirate at that point yet, I don't believe.

Weren't the Eternals created by the celestials? I still don't see how they are related to the Olympians. From what I understood, they Eternals who went to Greece were mistaken as the Olympians, but they weren't THE Olympians, the Gods of Earth.

Yeah, i've posted a link explaining all the confusion.

Yes and Jaqua, it wasn´t more to it than me wanting to say: Thanos is always stronger than Thor but I will give you this: If not enhanced in someway, Thor might be stronger."

So because I wanted to over-share to let the poor one who asked why, I started to randomly talk about the origin of Chronos, Mentor, Thanos, Zeus etc, to make sure he understood my thought process.

I based my information of Captain Marvel v1, which Thor Odinson showed us isn´t legit anymore cause of recent writing that alters that story. That recent writing saying otherwise is what you know and that is why you are confused. Ignore Captain Marvel v1, but if you are interested click in on the links I posted from my issue of Captain Marvel v1 to read the text and think about what I just said.

I have a really hard time understanding your posts, so I assume there may be some "non native english speaker" thing happening here. That's cool though, because it shows the world wide reach of american comics. But just to be totally clear here: The Eternal, since they were originally conceived by Kirby as being seperate from 616 MARVEL (as the kids say today) have no direct relationship with the other mythologically based "gods" of MARVEL. That is not some recent retcon from "newer" stories. It's from the initial concept. Later, when Starlin was crafting his cosmic sagas he and other writers found ways to integrate the ETERNALS into the mainline Marvel Universe.

I have a gif that confirms the fact that Loki
cuts Thor's hand and it's clearly visible.
HOLY S@*T!!!:woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back