Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - - Part 15

Discussion in 'Thor: The Dark World' started by Thread Manager, Aug 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smashlilman

Smashlilman Ouch!!!!

Odin > Zeus ? They seem about equal to me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. waffles

waffles Well-Known Member

Anybody else picked up a copy of Empire today? I got a copy today and was surprised with how much Thor stuff is in it, over 10 pages dedicated to the film plus the front cover and contents page!

3. Thor Odinson

Thor Odinson Well-Known Member

They're not related. This link will help you to clear this confusion: :)

http://forums.comicbookresources.com/archive/index.php/t-338669.html

4. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

Putting it in spoiler tags in case someone doesn't want to know anything about the issue.

Young Thor (in the viking era) explains why he visits Midgard so frequently.

Modern Thor visits people across the globe. A man on death row in the US, some kids in Rio de Janeiro, some Christian nuns in France, a monk in Tibet, etc. Mostly short stuff but we get to see people react to him.

A possible new romantic interest is introduced.

Thor visits Jane Foster, who has cancer. She doesn't want help with the disease by any mystical means but he gets to do her one favor, so he takes her on a trip to the moon. Jane also manages to deliver the perfect threat to Thor.

King Thor in the future visits Midgard, which is not in the state one might hope.

5. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

Thx for linking that man! Newer writing that I didn´t read has changed stuff so yeah they aren´t related, but keeping in mind I haven´t read that newer material, it´s completely understandable that I thought they were related.

Someone said Zeus and Odin are pretty equal, I don´t know about that but there must be some big Thor fan that could properly answer that. I was under the impression that Odin was the stronger skyfather :D

6. Thor Odinson

Sorry if I sounded like a broken record in those posts.:woot:

Oh, and Odin is the top skyfather. He had feats, in his best days, that were comparable to anything that beings like Galactus have ever done (he destroyed a galaxy effortlessly once). Zeus doesn't have comparable showings so far.

7. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Don't know man. Not too sure what you are saying. Are you saying that before Thanos got his power ups from death he was weaker than Thor?

After the recon in Thanos rising, he has augmented his powers, and not too sure if they said anything about his strength. But it doesn't matter, Thanos has always been physically superior to Thor, I would say. Regardless of how he was born, it doesn't matter. He was stronger than Thor back when he first left Titan probably.

One of his first appearances he fought with Drax, physically, the planet they were on was destroyed as collateral.

Thanos' weapon is his mind, sure, his durability, sure. But that's a misconception about him, that his mind is his only weapon. Even without his intellect, he is still physically strong enough and powerful enough at this point to dominate the likes of Thor..Thanos is a smart guy. Yeah. But there's so much about how he gains power over the years, it's tough to say how he was born. Thor was born with mythical powers. Thanos was not. But from what I remember, he was always physically superior to most characters, before any of his death upgrades.

Pretty sure that galaxy was destroyed as collateral with his battle with an abstract being. I wouldn't fully say he destroyed the galaxy fully under his own power. I don't doubt he could, Surtur has, and they are equals.

8. Sombra112

Sombra112 Well-Known Member

Anything new in there?

9. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

Nah man. I said that even before Thanos ressurection boost by Death he was stronger than Thor thx to cybernetic experiments. Look at what I said again: "If we just compare their physical power, Thor does stand a small chance. But Thanos is all about knowledge so he would win." I basically say Thor is weaker in terms of phys powers but that little chance he has isn´t real since Thanos mind would prevail.

My point was originally that Thor < Thanos, always. The early Thanos is the weakest Thanos, and that Thanos was written at the same time as Cap Marvel v1. I used this Thanos to compare the two (him and Thor) because Thanos was at his weakest. To compare Thanos Quest Thanos wouldn´t even be fair. But Thanos was so smart (way smarter than Thor) so he made himseld more powerful, so Thor never stood a chance but before the un-detailed cybernetic experiments (the natural Thanos) might be weaker than Thor, but Thanos was always smarter so even then, he might win.

What I meant though, was that Thanos should be naturally born weaker than Thor (pure power) cause Zeus is weaker than Odin and Zeus brothers son is Thanos. This cause in Captain Marvel I read something (see piuctures) that clearly says Thanos uncle is Zeus. But once again, I said that this is no exact science but "in my book" the son of the weaker skyfather Zeus (Herc) is weaker than the stronger skyfathers son (Thor). Same principle goes with Thanos and Thor "in my book" but we don´t know the wife of Mentor, which genes he inherited etc.... but that´s imo the best way of trying to compare Thor and Thanos if we don´t have a battle between them.

BUT that Captain Marvel writing is old and has been changed in later issues I haven´t read. Thor Odinsson showed me some about that, but even before he showed this I said that I claming this is fairly legit since if it was true once and changed and since I never catched wind of the change it would be fair to say that I was right in a way. But that depends if someone is willing to accept the fact that someone might say something without checking it up online or modern comics before.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  10. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

Isn't that when Zeus is backed by the Chaos King?

11. jaqua99

jaqua99 ....I need a horse!

Well yeah, he was born weaker, but that's irrelevant, isn't it? Cause at that point, Thanos was a nobody. He wasn't even a pirate at that point yet, I don't believe.

Weren't the Eternals created by the celestials? I still don't see how they are related to the Olympians. From what I understood, they Eternals who went to Greece were mistaken as the Olympians, but they weren't THE Olympians, the Gods of Earth.

12. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Made To Be Ruled

13. Thor Odinson

Oops, you're correct, mate.

14. Thor Odinson

Exactly.

Yeah, i've posted a link explaining all the confusion.

15. Mightyally

Mightyally Mr Arcade

Yes and Jaqua, it wasn´t more to it than me wanting to say: Thanos is always stronger than Thor but I will give you this: If not enhanced in someway, Thor might be stronger."

So because I wanted to over-share to let the poor one who asked why, I started to randomly talk about the origin of Chronos, Mentor, Thanos, Zeus etc, to make sure he understood my thought process.

I based my information of Captain Marvel v1, which Thor Odinson showed us isn´t legit anymore cause of recent writing that alters that story. That recent writing saying otherwise is what you know and that is why you are confused. Ignore Captain Marvel v1, but if you are interested click in on the links I posted from my issue of Captain Marvel v1 to read the text and think about what I just said.

Page 1: http://2imgs.com/4f3c0d27f4
    Page 2: http://i44.tinypic.com/2lnwn0l.png

16. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I have a really hard time understanding your posts, so I assume there may be some "non native english speaker" thing happening here. That's cool though, because it shows the world wide reach of american comics. But just to be totally clear here: The Eternal, since they were originally conceived by Kirby as being seperate from 616 MARVEL (as the kids say today) have no direct relationship with the other mythologically based "gods" of MARVEL. That is not some recent retcon from "newer" stories. It's from the initial concept. Later, when Starlin was crafting his cosmic sagas he and other writers found ways to integrate the ETERNALS into the mainline Marvel Universe.

17. Sombra112

I'm just going to leave these here...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

I'd like to see Loki get a shot at Hulk again as it could easily go a different way if he gets to use his magic.

I hope they have something cool for Hiddleston/Loki in the fairly near future so we won't have to wait too long to see something. The MCU will be a little bit less bright with him gone for a few years.

19. Sombra112

20. marvel_freshman

marvel_freshman Well-Known Member

21. Crimson King

Crimson King Superhero Novelista

Heimdall! :awesome:

22. Sombra112

Wow, was that in your theater? *jealous*

23. TeeKay

TeeKay Well-Known Member

I have a gif that confirms the fact that Loki
    cuts Thor's hand and it's clearly visible.
    HOLY [email protected]*T!!!:woot:

24. Sombra112

25. Sombra112

show me!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.