Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 22

I'm not going to lie though, I'm a bit bummed that (so far) it appears there isn't a combo pack that includes a DVD copy. We have a blu-ray player in our family room, but other rooms in the house still have DVD players so the DVD in a combo pack is nice in that regard if the main room is being used by someone else. Guess I'll be double dipping and buying a separate DVD :-\

Yeah its really silly looks like maybe Disney is ending the DVD Combo Pack? Kinda disappointing. But I'll buy it anyways!

Usually the dvd is the digital copy disc
Not always, and even if it is they usually still advertise on the cover as it being a "Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital Copy" combo pack. It's not going to kill me to double dip, it's more annoying for the fact it's another case on the shelf (space issues).

Not always, and even if it is they usually still advertise on the cover as it being a "Blu-Ray + DVD + Digital Copy" combo pack. It's not going to kill me to double dip, it's more annoying for the fact it's another case on the shelf (space issues).

I thought I was the only one with the space for DVDs/Blu-Rays problem haha. Didn't help when I got the Phase One box set for Christmas... that thing takes up a lot.

Usually the dvd is the digital copy disc

Not when it comes to Disney releases, they kept the two discs separate but now there is no digital copy disc anymore with Disney releases anyways I think. Its a redeemable code to multiple services.

Not when it comes to Disney releases, they kept the two discs separate but now there is no digital copy disc anymore with Disney releases anyways I think. Its a redeemable code to multiple services.
And it'll typically start downloading the HD version unless you check otherwise. I had to download both the HD and SD versions of IM3 due to this. I think they're doing this since more and more people are using only tablets or laptops without optical drives now.

I'm not going to lie though, I'm a bit bummed that (so far) it appears there isn't a combo pack that includes a DVD copy. We have a blu-ray player in our family room, but other rooms in the house still have DVD players so the DVD in a combo pack is nice in that regard if the main room is being used by someone else. Guess I'll be double dipping and buying a separate DVD :-\
Blu-ray.com is showing an unconfirmed 3-disc Blu-ray/DVD pack but with Marvel not showing it in their release today, it seems like that is not a real product and Marvel is going to make us buy both at full-price if we want both versions. Also, looks like to keep my digital copy collection going, I'll have to buy the 3D version even though I don't have a 3D TV. I'm all kinds of disappointed in this release since my whole MCU collection is combo-packs.

Last edited:
Man, they pump those DVDs out a lot quicker than they used to. I remember waiting 8 months or so for X3 to come out on DVD.

T:TDW is coming out barely 2 months after the last showing in theatres (in my city that is, and not counting the dollar theatres). That's crazy.

But also awesome.

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. This is about a month earlier than I expected. Not that I'm complaining, of course! :woot:

Same situation here. I always by the BR/DVD/Digital combo pack, and I hope they have one available for this. I don't know if I'll double dip initially, but I might have to.

Man, they pump those DVDs out a lot quicker than they used to. I remember waiting 8 months or so for X3 to come out on DVD.

T:TDW is coming out barely 2 months after the last showing in theatres (in my city that is, and not counting the dollar theatres). That's crazy.

But also awesome.
I thought it was supposed to be 3 months after it left the screen BUT someone over here with Walmart said it's 3 months after the movie hits the screens. I'm guessing from when it hit EUROPE's screens.

Yeah, I was just thinking the same thing. This is about a month earlier than I expected. Not that I'm complaining, of course! :woot:

Same situation here. I always by the BR/DVD/Digital combo pack, and I hope they have one available for this. I don't know if I'll double dip initially, but I might have to.
With ME it depends on the movie what I get. If it's some B-Movie it's only a dvd, other wise I get the dvd/bluray combos

With ME it depends on the movie what I get. If it's some B-Movie it's only a dvd, other wise I get the dvd/bluray combos

Yeah, good point. I guess I should qualify my statement by saying that since the advent of Netflix, I've gone from buying oodles of movies to just a couple per year. If I bought as many movies as I used to, I would definitely not be buying the combo pack for all of them.

Yeah, good point. I guess I should qualify my statement by saying that since the advent of Netflix, I've gone from buying oodles of movies to just a couple per year. If I bought as many movies as I used to, I would definitely not be buying the combo pack for all of them.
I still need to pick up the Hobbit Extended too. It's THAT sort of thing I'll buy the "deluxe" versions of if they aren't too outrageous. Like the Phase 1 set, that is too much and there was no offer of just the case and files for those of us who BOUGHT all the other movies in DVD/Bluray

How nice of them to put all of those pesky character-building and motivation establishing scenes in the deleted features section, instead of in the ACTUAL MOVIE where they might have actually been useful.

Oddly enough, I prefer Thor over Superman, but I enjoyed Man of Steel more than Thor: The Dark World.

To me it just said a lot about The Avengers that you actually saw them actively trying to save civilians and limit collateral damage. It bothered me a great deal in Man of Steel.

That's why I couldn't buy into Superman's choice at the end.

How nice of them to put all of those pesky character-building and motivation establishing scenes in the deleted features section, instead of in the ACTUAL MOVIE where they might have actually been useful.

Haven't you complained enough? :whatever:

To me it just said a lot about The Avengers that you actually saw them actively trying to save civilians and limit collateral damage. It bothered me a great deal in Man of Steel.

That's why I couldn't buy into Superman's choice at the end.

Agreed. It also pissed me off that he threw Zod through numerous buildings (why, I don't know, given that he knew it wouldn't hurt Zod), yet snapping his neck killed him.

I figured all the Thor fans here, particularly the Marvel supremacists, will like this essay:

http://arts.nationalpost.com/2014/01/03/cultural-lessons-of-2013-thor-is-the-new-superman/

That is a good essay that gets at the fundamental reason why some find it easier to relate to Thor than to Superman, as well as why the violence in TDW was nowhere near as problematic as that in MOS. Both films ended with massive fights in densely populated cities that concluded with the bad guys dying, but only one drew angry protests from some of the audience. Why?

Because Thor is more human and humane than Superman, more concerned with the brief, fragile lives of the alien species on whose world he was battling. At one time Kal-El was portrayed as a good-hearted alien who watched over humans like a benevolent demigod, but now that role is filled by Thor in films as in Norse myths. Superman in MOS was less a god and more a monster, for all the harm he wrought.

I echo disappointment of there being a lack of a BluRay/DVD Combo pack. I normally buy that option. I will be getting the 3D/BluRay/DVD Combo once it comes out then. More expensive, yes. But I will get my DVD and Blu Ray versions still.

Curse you Disney :argh:

I echo disappointment of there being a lack of a BluRay/DVD Combo pack. I normally buy that option. I will be getting the 3D/BluRay/DVD Combo once it comes out then. More expensive, yes. But I will get my DVD and Blu Ray versions still.

Curse you Disney :argh:
The way that Disney is now putting out the BR/DVD with limited special features and now no combo packs is making me miss Paramount as the lead distributor, although you could tell they were starting to cut back on the Thor home release. It's making me think it's actually Marvel who started holding back on the mountain of extras/BTS they could put out on releases.

Oddly enough, I prefer Thor over Superman, but I enjoyed Man of Steel more than Thor: The Dark World.

For me it's the opposite while being a fan of both characters I am more of a Superman fan. But I found Thor:The Dark World to be so much better than Man of Steel. Like with the TDK trilogy I found the world and fantasy to be lacking. To me Man of Steel is a poor Superman film just as TDK and TDKR were poor Batman films. They are good movies but not good comic book movies in my eyes, I know I'm probably in the minority with that view but Marvel is doing exactly what I want from comic book movies.

Maybe Thor is the new Superman while that who is supposed to be Superman is flying alien Batman or something. Although I really liked Cavill as Superman and see alot of potential for future films, but looks like DC doesn't care about it being about just Superman anymore. Or maybe it's WB that are the culprits.

To set it apart from non-Marvel Studios Marvel movies like those from Fox and Sony.

Last edited:
why did they change the marvel intro?

There was no longer any Paramount involvement with the film so they made a flashier logo in place of it like how other movie studios have their logos. I like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"