Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks waffles...

Thanks for that marvel_freshman that looks great!! Super excited for the film!!

Anyway, with all this magic in London do you think we would have some sort of reference to Captain Britain? Maybe MI: 13 or something... I think a cool reference could be Jane going through a book about Merlyn and asking Selvig if all these stories that they believed to be myth is actually true and that there really is or was a magician named Merlyn? He replies "After New York I think anything is possible."

tumblr_mdnyxrhp6J1rzm23do1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Regarding the Loki being forgiven stuff a few pages back, I think it's completely plausible for Odin and Thor to forgive him. Remember, they're like what a thousand years old? We can assume Loki was a relatively good little brother/son for 99.99% of that time since he's in good graces with Thor and Odin when everything starts. You don't think his mother, father and brother would try rehabilitating him back into the Loki they know instead of letting him rot away forever? They probably see all of this as just a temporary madness

Also, that's a good point about what time of year this is set in. What I think would work best is (if this big fight is happening on Earth) Januaryish. That way Thor could get stranded on earth after the fight, but wouldn't be around to help with Iron Mans very public issues

Here are some things to consider if you feel like Iron Man should be able to help Thor or vice versa with their battles.

1. We don't know how much of this film is set on earth and how much of this film will be set in the other realms. Sure we know some of it takes place here on earth, but we don't know how much.

2. Stark's home featured in Iron Man 3 is in California (the one that gets destroyed) and Thor 2 (at least the parts on earth) takes place in England. Now I just took a trip to Italy recently from Los Angeles and the Flight was about 15 Hours with a couple Hours lay over. So say the flight time to Italy non stop would have been about 13 Hours. However, 2 of those hours were also spent flying from England to Italy, so Subtract say another two. So, from Los Angeles to England it is about an 11 Hour flight (approximately) on a commercial airline. So, even if we assume that Iron Man can fly like 4 times that fast it would still take him nearly three hours to get from Los Angeles to England. So, I am not sure if the battle on earth will seem in the film like that amount of time has passed, where Iron Man could have been of help even if he was not preoccupied with Mandarin. As for Thor helping Iron Man well he was probably in Asgard at the time.

3. The three hours listed above considers the idea that Iron Man would become aware of the situation immediately. I mean sure Tony is around tech all of the time, but it still might take him a little while to get the news here in America, I mean this battle is pretty much half a world away. Not to mention the invasion in England could be occuring during the middle of the night here in Los Angeles. The guy is human, he still needs to sleep some, despite having trouble sleeping as mentioned in Iron Man 3.

So, really I don't see Iron Man not joining in this battle as being a problem at all.

Surfer

Yeah, I made a comment about that about a page or two back. Not in those exact words, but something about that if Loki used the Tesseract to create Kurse that in a way it would almost be a nod to fans regarding the Beyonder.

Surfer

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Tesseract morphed into the Beyonder as a Post credit scene. That would make The Beyonder the first Cosmic entity that we would be introduced to before the Guardians of the Galaxy movie and would gen up extra buzz.

Really great set footage closeup on the monitor showing the scene they filmed from yesterday with Nat and Chris
[YT]PqWnXuN6Ov0[/YT]

More here: http://www.youtube.com/user/tpcat101/videos?view=0

lol I shouldn't be watching that. That's actually like getting a sneak peak at the movie it self. :funny:

Last edited:
Here are some things to consider if you feel like Iron Man should be able to help Thor or vice versa with their battles.

1. We don't know how much of this film is set on earth and how much of this film will be set in the other realms. Sure we know some of it takes place here on earth, but we don't know how much.

2. Stark's home featured in Iron Man 3 is in California (the one that gets destroyed) and Thor 2 (at least the parts on earth) takes place in England. Now I just took a trip to Italy recently from Los Angeles and the Flight was about 15 Hours with a couple Hours lay over. So say the flight time to Italy non stop would have been about 13 Hours. However, 2 of those hours were also spent flying from England to Italy, so Subtract say another two. So, from Los Angeles to England it is about an 11 Hour flight (approximately) on a commercial airline. So, even if we assume that Iron Man can fly like 4 times that fast it would still take him nearly three hours to get from Los Angeles to England. So, I am not sure if the battle on earth will seem in the film like that amount of time has passed, where Iron Man could have been of help even if he was not preoccupied with Mandarin. As for Thor helping Iron Man well he was probably in Asgard at the time.

3. The three hours listed above considers the idea that Iron Man would become aware of the situation immediately. I mean sure Tony is around tech all of the time, but it still might take him a little while to get the news here in America, I mean this battle is pretty much half a world away. Not to mention the invasion in England could be occuring during the middle of the night here in Los Angeles. The guy is human, he still needs to sleep some, despite having trouble sleeping as mentioned in Iron Man 3.

So, really I don't see Iron Man not joining in this battle as being a problem at all.

Surfer

Good points! That's just a much better way of getting across what I was trying to say. While Tony and Thor will probably hear about each others very public fights, they won't have time to get involved until after everything goes down.

So what kind of powers do you think Malekith will have? Blocking Thor's hammer is about all we've seen or heard about his powers, right? Maybe he'll multiply himself before realizing Thor doesn't "fall for that." Does he have any cool and specific powers in the books?

Thanks waffles...

Anyway, with all this magic in London do you think we would have some sort of reference to Captain Britain? Maybe MI: 13 or something... I think a cool reference could be Jane going through a book about Merlyn and asking Selvig if all these stories that they believed to be myth is actually true and that there really is or was a magician named Merlyn? He replies "After New York I think anything is possible."

:woot::woot::woot::woot::woot:

Love it. :up:

Wouldn't it be awesome if the Tesseract morphed into the Beyonder as a Post credit scene. That would make The Beyonder the first Cosmic entity that we would be introduced to before the Guardians of the Galaxy movie and would gen up extra buzz.

Not sure how I would feel about it. I really liked the Beyonder used in the original Secret Wars more then the retconed version of him, which is only a fraction of his original power. However, it might be a good way to introduce him, since it does have some ties to the comic despite it not being his real origin story.

However, I think what I would rather see though (which also does not truly follow the comics) would be that we have Thanos as a villian in Guardians of the Galaxy and have him get a hold of the Infinity Gauntlet at the end of it leading into Avengers 2 where earths mightiest heroes along with the guardians of the galaxy square off against Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet, and perhaps when all seems lost for all the heroes because they are getting their @$$e$ handed to them by Thanos, the cosmic cube calls upon the being known as the Beyonder from beyond (where he is not the cube itself, but just summoned by it), who stops Thanos restores the universe to it's rightful order, and then disappears contemplating this whole good vs. evil concept. Then if things were almost perfect in my opinion they could go back to the original character movies (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America & Hulk, along with Ant Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther & Guardians of the Galaxy) with standard but more personal villians, if possible maybe they could also regain the rights for the Fantastic Four movie (I know long shot), or perhaps even create a Defenders movie and during the end credits of all of these movies have a short cameo showing the Beyonder talking to the "One above All" (not shown, but just almost as one would speak to god) about not understanding why good and evil exist and which one is more powerful. I see the Beyonder despite his Infinite powers, as being like a innocent child where he wants to understand "why", just hopefully they could do it without it seeming annoying. Lol

Then lead into a trilogy for a Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars Movie, with basically a huge ensemble list of heroes vs. villians like nothing we have ever seen before.

Unfortunately, the only problem is where to go from there. Lol

Surfer

Last edited:
Good points! That's just a much better way of getting across what I was trying to say. While Tony and Thor will probably hear about each others very public fights, they won't have time to get involved until after everything goes down.

So what kind of powers do you think Malekith will have? Blocking Thor's hammer is about all we've seen or heard about his powers, right? Maybe he'll multiply himself before realizing Thor doesn't "fall for that." Does he have any cool and specific powers in the books?

I'm hoping that he will cast verbal spells and have the energy from those spell represented by the red glow/energy.

Not sure how I would feel about it. I really liked the Beyonder used in the original Secret Wars more then the retconed version of him, which is only a fraction of his original power. However, it might be a good way to introduce him, since it does have some ties to the comic despite it not being his real origin story.

However, I think what I would rather see though (which also does not truly follow the comics) would be that we have Thanos as a villian in Guardians of the Galaxy and have him get a hold of the Infinity Gauntlet at the end of it leading into Avengers 2 where earths mightiest heroes along with the guardians of the galaxy square off against Thanos and the Infinity Gauntlet, and perhaps when all seems lost for all the heroes because they are getting their @$$e$ handed to them by Thanos, the cosmic cube calls upon the being known as the Beyonder from beyond (where he is not the cube itself, but just summoned by it), who stops Thanos restores the universe to it's rightful order, and then disappears contemplating this whole good vs. evil concept. Then if things were almost perfect in my opinion they could go back to the original character movies (Iron Man, Thor, Captain America & Hulk, along with Ant Man, Dr. Strange, Black Panther & Guardians of the Galaxy) with standard more but more personal villians, if possible maybe they could also regain the rights for the Fantastic Four movie (I know long shot), or perhaps even create a Defenders movie and during the end credits of all of these movies have a short cameo showing the Beyonder talking to the "One above All" (not shown, but just almost as one would speak to god) about not understanding why good and evil exist and which one is more powerful. I see the Beyonder despite his Infinite powers, as being like a innocent child where he wants to understand "why", just hopefully they can do it without it seeming annoying. Lol

Then lead into a trilogy for a Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars Movie, with basically a huge ensemble list of heroes vs. villians like nothing we have ever seen before.

Unfortunately, the only problem is where to go from there. Lol

Surfer

1. I'm sure Marvel Studio's would want to use the dumbed down version of The Beyonder for the Movieverse even though personally I want them to use the all Omnipotent version too.

2. I would love for the "One above All" cameo to be played by Stan Lee. It would make all his Cameos make since in continuity. :funny:

Last edited:
First image I think we've gotten of Tom actually on set... sadly, he's bundled up (no way to tell if he's in costume) and he doesn't appear to have his wig/makeup on yet (possibly on his way to his trailer to get that done?) - but maybe, with so many fans scouting out the location now (and everything they've been able to give us with Hemsworth, Eccleston, etc...) we can now actually get a picture/footage of him filming/in costume/makeup/etc....?

Unicorns Assemble @ItalianLokiArmy http://twitpic.com/bewthw
!!! Chris Hemsworth and Tom Hiddleston on the set of Thor 2 today!! From torrilla, credit to 崔恩在TIKEY from weibo
tumblr_mdsy7twYxD1qgjgdyo1_500.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks waffles...

I doubt Captain Britian will be in Thor 2 as I think we would have heard something by now, but it would have made for a great appearance, and the reference to Merlyn would have worked well as well, given all of the magic being used in the Thor movies it would have fit right in.

Surfer

First image I think we've gotten of Tom actually on set... sadly, he's bundled up (no way to tell if he's in costume) and he doesn't appear to have his wig/makeup on yet (possibly on his way to his trailer to get that done?) - but maybe, with so many fans scouting out the location now (and everything they've been able to give us with Hemsworth, Eccleston, etc...) we can now actually get a picture/footage of him filming/in costume/makeup/etc....?

Awesome, thanks for sharing.

Surfer

Well it appears like Malekith is blocking Thor with his forearms, but he may have created a forcefield just before impact. So, I am kind of hoping for that, but we will see. As for other powers, a lot of people have suggested that the red lighting could be an indicator of him having power over fire, and I am on board with that as well. Other then that I think I would just like to see him use a wide range of magical spells to combat and try and take down Thor.

Surfer

I'm hoping that he will cast verbal spells and have the energy from those spell represented by the red glow/energy.

1. I'm sure Marvel Studio's would want to use the dumbed down version of The Beyonder for the Movieverse even though personally I want them to use the all Omnipotent version too.

2. I would love for the "One above All" cameo to be played by Stan Lee. It would make all his Cameos make since in continuity. :funny:

This^^^^^^^:bow:

Surfer

Some intersting stuff reported here with pictures...

http://princehals.tumblr.com/post/36138127261/thor-2-the-dark-world-set-update

In regards to tall skinny guy mentioned and pictured in this report. Could be this guy...
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1401022/ who plays new character Ian Boothby

SO my take on it, based on her brief description here, is that this guy is Ian Boothby (definitely not Loki, he's a better dresser :p ) or some other guy, who is a love interest for Darcy, and maybe he thinks he's protecting her from Thor, could bring in a bit of humor that way, since this is going to be a dark movie. And not sure about the holding her and about to kiss then falls to the ground part, but could be that happens and he's shot by elves or something. :( So not too humorous there, but it's all just a guess.

Last edited:
On another note, they actually released the alternate ending to Thor online officially.

SO my take on it, based on her brief description here, is that this guy is Ian Boothby (definitely not Loki, he's a better dresser :p ) or some other guy, who is a love interest for Darcy, and maybe he thinks he's protecting her from Thor, could bring in a bit of humor that way, since this is going to be a dark movie. And not sure about the holding her and about to kiss then falls to the ground part, but could be that happens and he's shot by elves or something. :( So not too humorous there, but it's all just a guess.

Maybe I just read it wrong, but wasn't it the same guy that was almost kissing Darcy that was straddling Thor. If that is the case it would take a very strong human to knock down Thor, I don't think Captain America could even knock Thor over. So, could this guy be a superhero cameo, maybe Captain Britian as was suggested earlier. I don't know what to make of it, this whole thing is just plain confusing. We need more info. Lol

Surfer

Maybe I just read it wrong, but wasn't it the same guy that was almost kissing Darcy that was straddling Thor. If that is the case it would take a very strong human to knock down Thor, I don't think Captain America could even knock Thor over. So, could this guy be a superhero cameo, maybe Captain Britian as was suggested earlier. I don't know what to make of it, this whole thing is just plain confusing. We need more info. Lol

Surfer

I dont think he necessarily knocks Thor down, I took it more as he jumped on him and tried to knock him down then gets carried out of camera (I could be wrong) and that could certainly add some humor to the scene. (which I think a little humor will be needed to balance the dark) SO I think he might be just a regular guy who is trying to protect Darcy, and finds he bit off more than he can chew. Again I could be wrong. let me copy paste that part, hm...

and then surrounded when the others enter from the right. Then (for some unknown reason) the elves all run off to the right; the second woman - possible Kat - runs on from the left with a really skinny dude in jeans and a suit jacket. Some random guy - no idea who - runs in from the angle the picture’s taken, as Thor runs in from the left. The guy straddles Thor (??????) who then runs out of shot, carrying him. Then the skinny guy grabs possibly-Kat and holds her as though they’re about to kiss - then he falls to the floor, and lands on his back.

okay so I may be confusing guy who is about to kiss Darcy and falls down and guy who jumps on Thor. Guy who jumps on Thor is someone else I guess. (and that could be Loki, or Toms stuntdouble maybe)

edit: yes, she says those are two different guys. :)

Last edited:
They could just have a Brian Braddock cameo as a fellow scientist friend of Jane, Darcy and Selvig.

They could just have a Brian Braddock cameo as a fellow scientist friend of Jane, Darcy and Selvig.

That would be very cool, but it is most likely just a normal love interest.

Surfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"